Located in Limerick Township, Raven's Claw Golf Club is one of southeastern Pennsylvania's best golf and residential communities. It consistently ranks as one of the state's top 10. Carved from rolling hills and mature woodlands, the layout features a variety of different holes. No two holes are alike but they require some creative shot-making abilities. With tight fairways and undulating greens bordered by mounds of rough, the golf course also demands accuracy. The design incorporates links-style elements that present a formidable test. The golf course is undoubtedly challenging but there are also recovery opportunities on each hole, which makes it less daunting for beginners. One of Raven's Claw Golf Club's most memorable holes is the tricky penultimate hole. This unforgiving par-3 has a double-tiered, undulating green with no bailout areas to the left or right. Golfers that hit it short will face a blind second shot.

Year Built 2005
Architect Ed Shearon (2005)

Dress code Proper golf attire (collared shirt / no jeans) is required at all times

Perfect weather for golf

Played Ravens Claw with my league as we do every year. Course was in ok shape. Guys in the league were able to score, many had their best round of the year. I know aeration of the greens is coming and the greens definitely show wear from all the play. I always enjoy playing Ravens Claw and I have played there many times. I know each hole very well, but there are plenty of challenges for golfers of all handicaps.

Terrible Management

I want to thank you for wasting my time today. I drive an hour and 20 minutes to get there for my 240 tee time today. When I arrived at 220 I was told the people I was scheduled to play with had been sent out 20 minutes earlier! Also, my 240 tee time was no longer available so I'd have to wait until after 3 to go off by myself behind groups of foursomes. No thanks.
The whole reason I booked the tee time was because I was told I would be joining a group. I would have booked at another golf course had I known tee times were mismanaged there.
How hard is it to stick to a tee sheet?
Why did you ask for my number if you can't simply call me and tell me what was going on.
Terrible management

Commented on 08/20/2019

Who shows up 20 min before teetime?

Great Day of Golf

From the time you pull onto the property you feel like you’re on a golf community. The club is great, all the employees go above and beyond to make you feel at home and to make sure you have the best day of golfing ever! I can’t say enough great things about this place. The course is beautiful and very well thought out. But besides that, it’s the employees who make the place great, from the girl behind the bar to the guys checking the course on carts to the guy who sets you up in the clubhouse to get you going for the day, can’t ask for a better way to spend a weekend. I highly recommend to anyone and everyone!!!!

Challenging course yet fun to play

Great layout. Some very challenging holes especially if you’re not accurate off the tee.

Greens aerated recently. Pretty much all area courses are doing the same so no surprise. Price was discounted as a result.

The fairways needed some tlc but it’s been a tough summer with too much rain.

2nd time playing here and I enjoy the challenge. You need to hit some shots off the tee where placement is more important than distance.

Nice clubhouse with shower facilities.

Worth playing here if you have the chance.

Raven's Claw

I used to play raven's Claw a lot, not so much in recent years but went back for Father's Day.

Greens were fantastic, rolled fast and true, with very few ball marks or areas of need. Much better than I remember and better than most public courses you will play. I was impressed.

Rest of the course was in good shape as well - played firm on the fairways.

Hate hole #11, #17 is a bear.

Philly Advisor

Really good public course

I played the course multiple times in preparation to caddy for the Symetra Tour tournament in late May. It was well maintained as always, greens rolled well and consistently. Tee boxes and traps in above average condition. I’ve always liked the staff and they continue to be friendly and helpful.

The layout is varied to keep you interested, and gets tricky at the turn to wake you back up.

It continues to be a favorite in the 50 mile area.

December Bonus Round

Love this course. Usually use my $10 reward to play here. It’s a challenge from the tips (which I never play from) but the golds are great. The fairways are wide enough especially the front 9. I enjoy this course and only a few folks braved the elements so pace of play was great.

Bonus November Day

Got a bonus November day above 50 degrees. Paired up with a twosome who turned out to be good fellows. Course was in great shape. Greens were running true and not chewed up considering the time of year with grass not growing. Great course with exception of #9 which is way too gimmicky for me, otherwise I'd give it an excellent for course layout. Fantastic value for a great Golfnow Hot Rate.

Always a challenge

No matter how many times I play this course, I feel that the layout is fair but challenging . Always enjoy my round and the rates are very affordable . Look forward to my next round at Raven's Claw.

Very good conditions

Raven's claw is a good mix of fun and challenging holes. While I've played here often, I was struck this time at the quality of the conditioning and the friendliness of the staff. The greens were in very good shape (they're often a bit slow for my taste, but not this time), the fairways were also in great shape. The starter let us begin a bit before our time, allowing us to get ahead of a foursome who ended up being very slow (we finished five holes ahead). A pleasant day at a nice course.

Love this place

Hidden gem, challenging course that I really enjoy playing.

Quirky Holes Detract from Course Rating

Nice course. Very friendly staff. There are several quirky holes which detract from overall quality of experience here.

Perfectly Manicured, Fun Course

This was the first time that my wife and I played Raven's Claw, although it had been high on our must play list for a while. The course itself was beautiful and impeccably maintained. The tee boxes were cut professionally, the fairways were almost divot free, and the greens were smooth and fair.
The course is not long and does not have an abundance of water, but the difficulty is there. The rolling farmland gives the golfer uneven lies throughout and makes tee shot placement a must. Sand traps and wild fescue comes into play on numerous holes. The ninth hole, with a double dogleg, ending in a steep uphill shot is particularly challenging. If you play from the tips, the tenth hole, at 644 yards will give even the longest hitters a challenge.
The only negatives that I had with the course were that the cart paths could use re-paving and the back nine, much shorter than the front, tended to rely more on tricky holes rather than totally legitimate challenges.
Overall, however, this is an excellent public track, well worth a trip and the greens fees. The staff gives the golfer a country club experience at a public course rate. We will be back there soon.

Great value

I really enjoy this course. Wide open but not easy, playable for everyone.

Great time!

Pace was good for a Saturday, course was in great shape and the food was above average bar food.

First time

Have wanted to play this course for years. Never made the 45 minute drive as the course normally asks more than I'm willing to pay for golf. I got a hot deal on a holiday weekend after aerofication. Was teamed up with two great guys. Greens were inconsistent but they had just been punched. It was chilly in the upper 50s and pouring rain for the entire back nine. Normally that would be enough to make the Pope swear but my playing partners didn't seem to care. I blocked out what I could and had a very good round on a good course. Nice layout. Good conditioning. I enjoyed it enough that I may pay more next time and not be so cheap. If you haven't try Ravens Claw.

Royersford, Pennsylvania