Type Municipal
Style Links

Year Built 2004
Architect Jacobson Golf Course Design (2004)

Dress code Proper golf attire including a shirt with collar. No T-Shirts, jeans/denim, sweat pants, gym shorts/cut-off shirts.

Enjoyable Round

Course in good great shape especially for a public course. Pace of play was pushing 5 hours and the greens were slow. Would definitely come back.

good condition

On a normal busy weekday it was still a 4 hour round for our foursome following other golfers. Greens don't look pristine but they putted very well with speed. Course overall is in great shape.

Not worth the money

I am a resident of Lower Makefield Township, so even with the discounted rate, they charge me 41$ for twilight 9 holes... A non resident would have paid close to 60$ for 9 holes and a cart. Not worth the primetime money. Greens looked beat up. I have seen the course in better condition. I'd say max to play here would be 50$ for 18 holes.

Philly Advisor

Very enjoyable layout, attentive staff.

I played this course twice in ten days, and enjoyed it both times. The layout is varied and lots of good views and some tough pin placements. The greens were really fast the first time, medium speed the second but I’m guessing they were letting them grow for aeration that was about to occur. Lots of sand traps and visible from almost all shots so it’s no surprise if you enter one. It plays as long plays as long or short as you desire. Having played on a Friday the regulars were there, with a mix of men and women and ages, with everyone playing the appropriate tees for their skills (a rare courtesy on most courses and worth noting here).

The course conditions were good from tee to green. The only complaint I had was the rough had inconsistent plants, weeds, or whatever. Light and thick and deep and not. I’d recommend they spend time on the rough, something I’ve never recommended.

Staff were all really good, Marshalls were common and didn’t hassle folks. Just watching play and speed. Golf shop, restaurant, starter, everyone was polite and friendly. We ate a meal and it was decent.

It’s one of the most enjoyable courses I’ve played. I took three guests with me for their first time on my second visit, first time I went alone, and all three said they enjoyed the course more than normal. There’s no type a category for enjoying the round. I rated each category individually but I won’t over hype a category just t push up the numbers but it deserves more. I simply enjoyed it and will make the 90 minute ride again.

Wide open

Always an enjoyable and fun course to play. It's links style works for players of all skill levels with five teeing areas. On this day the greens were still struggling from quirky weather but they putted OK.

One of the Best in the Area

I love Links-Style courses. There is a great blend of everything here, short par 4's, short/long par 3's and some great hole layouts. The course is maintained and ran very well.
Beverage carts make appearances 4-5 times during the summer. Range/Putting/Chipping greens are all nice. Walking and Riding are both great. I recommend any outings the course puts together.
Full Price Weekend/Summer is a bit too much, but anything less than $80 is worth it.

better conditions

Shot a career round 76 and the course has recovered from mid season iffy conditioning issues. Recently aerated greens healed well.

condition questionable

On this day the course conditions were questionable. The greens were scarred up pretty badly and there was noticeable crab grass in several areas around the course. This is not normal for this course but over the course of this season there are two other public courses in the area in much better condition for lesser greens fee. Based on the course conditions today I would say this course is overpriced.

Pricey

If you are not a senior, this course can get pricey - 86+cart on weekends. During week, cost reasonable provided you are > 60. Somewhat of a links style course. Make sure to check yardage as some holes are deceiving, especially on back 9.

Great Conditions

I have played Makefield Highlands over 20 times and the condition of the course was the best I have seen it over the past 3 years. This is probably do to the cool and wet spring that we have had. The course was very green and the greens were rolling perfect and quick on this Saturday morning. Fairways were green and at a nice height.
I agree with past reviews that this course gets a ton of play, ( tee sheet filled from 6am till 1pm on this day) and sometimes there are a lot of divots on the fairways but right now there are not a lot. Hopefully with its good start the course can stand up to the tough summer months ahead and provide a great golfing season

Iffy conditioning

Usually well conditioned, on this occasion mid Spring I was disappointed in slow greens and fairways not fully grown in. We were allowed preferred lies for GAP match this day in own fairway. Course is always a test and generally always with wind and direction affects play greatly on certain holes like 15 coming out of a chute up hill to the fairway then back down to a long thing green protected by water into the wind.

Great for a winter round

I've played at Makefield a handful of times mainly in the summer or fall and I've always had one issue with it, wear and tear. This track gets a ton of play in season and with the lack of trees on this pseudo-links design the hot summers absolutely nuke it. My friends and I decided to play Makefield on back to back weeks in January. While temps were cold to "way to cold to really be playing golf" the course conditions were absolutely perfect. Unlike many course in the area Makefield clearly punched their greens at the right time and had them grow in over the late fall/early winter. Even in the cold (38 degrees at tee) the fairways and greens were accepting of shots with a few inconsistencies here and there. The layout of Makefield is also a bright spot. Though fairly open off the tee MH has a few risk reward par 4s and some challenging par 3s. The most challenging hole, the par 4 15th, is a tough dog leg left to a narrow bean-shaped green over water. With that said there are 3 nearly drivable par 4s before you get to the tough closing stretch so make your hay before hand. Overall this course is awesome and honestly one of the best conditions wise I've ever played in the winter up here.

conditions improved

From when I played the course over this difficult weather summer the conditions have turned around with fairways back and greens putting fast and smooth. I play here more often than any area course as a golf association member. Regular rates dropped for a month for "shoulder season" but senior rates remain the same as already discounted. Always seems to be windy and today with lower temps it made for less than ideal conditions...but...it is late October.

course condition down

The course was in less than good condition on tees and fairways than I am used to seeing there. I was told it was worse before weekend rains as far as dry and hard turf. Greens were good but not as fast as they usually are even in hot summer conditions. I have a couple photos on my phone but haven't transferred them to the computer. Overall a good experience as I don't go there too often.

New York Advisor

Beautiful eastern PA track

Played on a Monday so pace should be pretty quick. Had to play the front 9 twice due to aeration on the back. Course conditions were beautiful, almost country club like. This course is lengthy, especially if you try playing from the tips. For a player who gets off the tee well, you might score well because its pretty open. If you're in the area its a must play. Price might be a little high for a non-resident. Definitely one of the nicer public course in the area.

Highlands a good name

This is an open links style course with many challenges of short drivable holes and long tough ones. It hosted local US Open qualifying in 2015. It is always in good condition with fast greens and the bunkers make you think about challenging them in spots. Staff is friendly. It's on the pricey side but has good senior rates. It is walkable but there are a couple of rough spots for walkers to navigate. It's worth a trip there and it's just 5 minutes off I-95.

Excellent as always...

Love the front 9. Always have my best 9 hole score here... Back 9 tightens up and adds challenge. Great course. You won't regret playing it. Excellent practice facility too. Keep it up!

golfnow contracts not valid with Makefield Highlands

I booked my tee time with golfnow for this course. It was supposed to be $45.00 a person. A week or so after the tee time was booked, Makefield Highlands called me and said they cancelled their contract with golfnow.com this past May, and that I would have to pay the full non-resident green fees of 80.00 bucks. The course was nice, though. There was no ATM in the building, and the bartender took a while to get drinks.

poor staff

Staff were very stuck up. If you weren't a resedent they wanted nothing to do with you. When I showed up it was 45 and windy and the lady at counter said You have a collard shirt right. I said yes right under my sweatshirt and jacket. She did not like the fact that we got discont from golf now app. Some people need to get with reality.besides the service the course was great.

Nice playable course

Nice course good condition not worth the money they charge. Got lucky got a deal on golfnow

Ewing, New Jersey
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Hopewell, New Jersey

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.