Pole Creek Golf Club is a public 27-hole golf facility in Tabernash, the only one of its kind in Grand County. The holes are divided into three par-36, nine-hole courses, which can be played in different 18-hole combinations. You'll get a different set of challenges on each course but they each provide a classic round of Colorado mountain golf. On no other nine is this more apparent than the dramatic Ridge Course. As its name would imply, the layout features several dramatic ups and downs. Accuracy is key and having a good strategy is equally important. Golfers will also have to contend with tree-lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers along the greens, not to mention the occasional water hazard. The other two nines, the Meadow and the Ranch, are more mellow and approachable.

Pole Creek Golf Club
Par 4 5 4 3 4 3 5 4 4 36 72

Year Built 1999
Greens Blue Grass
Golf Season May - October
Architect Denis Griffiths (1999)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Pull-carts Yes - $7

Great place!

My son and I played at poll creek yesterday. Amazing place! It’s the nicest course I’ve played in my life. We played ridge/meadow. The views were unbelievable and the course was in incredible shape. The greens rolled true, and the course is very scoreable if you hit decent shots. My only complaint would be that it’s a hard place to concentrate as you’re constantly focused on the views and beauty of the course. It’s a great problem to have. You will not regret playing here!

Great day!

Course is in very good condition. Could use a little more sand in traps, but other than that, it was great.
Beautiful surroundings more than made up for it.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, the locals were extremely welcoming, and the food was outstanding.
Price seemed a little steep for a public course, but I can't think of too many places I would have rather been today.
Definitely would love to play here again.
And while i didn't get to take advantage of it, $10 unlimited balls on the range?! Wow!

Beautiful course

Pole Creek is a beautiful course and well maintained. We played the Meadow and Ridge course for our 18. I played my best 9 of the year on the Ridge course. I definitely want to play Pole Creek again and would recommend to everyone.

A little snooty

Good course. Treat hot deal tee time players as second class citizens. Mentioning the cost of a hot deal and vs. regular rates and why we are treated differently is a joke. Although Marketing and POS provided through NBC and GN for every course offering tee times.

Fall golf

Excellent fall day of golf in the mountains.
Course is in great condition and staff very attentive and friendly. Enjoyed the Bistro after an afternoon of golf. Always recommend this course to friends & family.

Holy Golf Balls This Place Is Stunning

One caveat to this review, my benchmark is courses in Dallas, TX, so I’m used to flat crappy courses....but my goodness. There truly are no words to express how unbelievable this course is. We started our round on the ridge course and it was about 61 degrees, second nine played the meadow course and it topped out at about 78 degrees. Each nine had a totally different feel, but I personally enjoyed the Ridge course a bit more.

Greens are in phenomenal shape but holy golf balls they’re fast. Like putting on concrete kind of fast. Hit a low burner and kiss your ball goodbye... high arching shot, they’ll hold.

My favorite golfing experience of all time. Ps if you’re traveling like me, they have regular flex Titleis 716 AP 1’s. Took a little adjusting from my normal flex, but still shot 82. Highly recommend as a must do if you stay anywhere near Denver, Winter Park or Boulder.

Consistent Fav

Snagged a hot deal through GolfNow to offset usual course fees between $59-$95 and then had dinner at course Bistro Lounge. Gorgeous surroundings and perfect day made for the best of golf finalized by walleye dinner and local craft brew.

Awesome surroundings/great course

Love the surroundings, very picturesque with Devils Thumb visible from almost every hole. Great layout and the course is in good shape. The cart paths need some work but if that's the only issue all is good!

Great Day!

Our group generally comes up to the mountains for a few days to golf. We knew it had been a little hot and dry this year, but you couldn't tell it at Pole Creek. The course was in excellent condition. It is a challenging course, but fair and fun to play. If you can play all 27 holes in a day, it is recommended. Very nice staff and the restaurant is good.

Overcoming rough winter beautifully

So, Pole Creek lost six greens this winter, including the first two on the Meadow. Yet the course is otherwise in great shape! Especially the Ranch. We are playing the Ridge, our favorite, in a couple of days and have hopes for a quick recovery, because this is a great course in a great setting with a wonderful final stop at Bistro 28. We wouldn’t miss it when we visit this area!

Greens are not good right now. Ok, but not the best. I still think it is worth playing.

Course had the greatest elevation changes I have ever played. The mountains are a great back drop to this course. We played mid afternoon round. This course was one of my all time favorites, will definitely play again. Couple of greens still coming in from winter but balance in great shape. This one is a must

Ranch 9 is fun and challenging

This was a 2nd time for this 9 for me and a 1st for my friend. The conditions were really quite good. The staff was very friendly. The layout was stimulating and challenging, especially #4, 6, & 7. #4 favors a draw on demand to keep par possible. #6 plays shorter than the marker says off the tee, and a previous run helped encourage me to club down to keep the tee shot dry. #7 is a demanding par 3 that requires a good tee shot to avoid dissatisfaction. Long and right will leave you mystified. This 9 makes you understand why folks like a membership here. Enjoy!

Great course, some winter green damage, but it's healing

This was our first 9 and a new 9 for both of us. Minus some of the really greens, the course was in magnificent shape. Apparently, the winter was hard on the greens. Still, it was a true treat to play. A very friendly local made it even more enjoyable with his knowledge of the course. With the course fairly full, walking Meadow and Ranch was a nice addition to the day. It was easily walked for those with the inclination. The wind added to the challenge, but it kept it very comfortable temperature wise. #1 plays stepper than it looks, #5 requires shot selection, & #7 isn't as steep as it appears. This is a fun 9!

Unpredictable

We took our
Chances playing mid October in the Rocky Mountains...first time for a snow-out. Nevertheless, beautiful course and we will be back.

Second time

I played this course with friends last year and last week. It still is a fun, beautiful course to play. We were on the Ridge/Meadows 18. the Ridge nine is much more difficult than the Meadows nine. Many uphill and downhill holes. It's highly recommended for mountain vacationers.

Pole Creek Perfection!

What a paradise! The course architects are to be congratulated and I hope they know that. We had never heard of Pole Creek but took a chance on reviews to see a new place on vacation. What a great course and conditioning, we played Meadow/Ranch and will get back for Ridge another trip. The Bistro28 food was also special, dinner on the patio with the course and mountains laid out in front of us. WOW.

Granby, Colorado