The Morgan Hill Golf Course in Easton has a somewhat misleading name since you'll find more than just hills on this challenging course. Be prepared to face a variety of elevation changes ranging from subtle to dramatic. The golf course has a dramatic design that is carved into a hillside, which makes it a hard course to walk but one that is visually interesting and tough to play. It may not be a layout for the faint of heart but the scenery alone is enough to provide enjoyment. Golfers can enjoy scenic views of the river, but scenic respite is the only break you'll get. There is hardly an even lie to be found and the severely undulating greens will test even the most seasoned golfers. Also, be prepared for a slew of blind shots at Morgan Hill Golf Course.

Morgan Hill Golf Course

Year Built 2004
Fairways Bent grass
Greens Bent grass
Architect Kelly Blake Moran (2004)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #17)

Hands down the best.

I have played this course 30+ times and love it every time. This is a very difficult course until you play it a few times and understand it. This is course is meant to be played with knowing your yardage and where you want to be for the next shot. Beautiful views from 15 and 16.

GOOD VENUE

Fast almost perfect greens. Many difficult shots on this layout.You have to hit the fairways.

A very nice track in great shape for this time of the year!

Great Views

I travels laot to play, this is my top 5 within an hour drive for me....great views, nice challenge, you have to add lunch to your bookings, catch beat it

Great day

Course is playing really tough. Rough is up a bit so you get penalized for missing the fairway. They are aerating a few tees which are needed so the tees are moved around a bit.

Beautiful but slow

Course was beautiful and very challenging. Loved the layout and the greens. Only problem was we waited on every hole on the tee box. In many cases we arrived at the tee when the group in front were still there. Never saw a ranger. Hold up was a few foursomes in front of us.

Blind Shots

Tough but fun. Beautiful views, course in great shape. We first played here about 6 or 7 years ago and the blind shots are still vexing. Great outdoor space at the restaurant/ club house. The starter did a great job of getting us out before a group of 8 ( two foursomes) otherwise we might start be playing.

Challenging layout

Spectacular course, Stunning views, beautifully maintained. Very challenging, numerous blind shots, bring an extra sleeve of balls.

Challenging, scenic course

This course has some very nice scenic views high on the hill sides looking over Leigh High Valley. Up and down course with some narrow challenges. The par 4s make your shot and club selections different on each hole. Green are difficult, very few flat holes. Started off in the back nine today, the back is a tough 9 and on a hot day like it was today, would have preferred to ease into the round and played the front first. Would have made the round much smoother.

Like playing golf on a roller coaster

When people say hilly it doesn't begin to express the degree of elevation changes on this course, even on the greens themselves. blind shots on almost every hole. If you haven't played the course before you have no idea on many tee boxes where to hit it. If you like to see the course in front of you and the hole you are playing, go somewhere else. That being said, other than a few truly ridiculous elevation drops on the back nine it was pretty fun and in good condition. Bring your A game and it would probably help to have a range finder with a slope app.

Not your typical driver off every tee box

I always enjoyed playing here but stopped coming back 4 years ago after a horrendous 6+ hour round due to slow play and absolutely no pace-of-play enforcement from the course ranger.

Today the course was relatively empty due to it being the 4th of July. Since we got there a little early, the starter let my twosome go off 15 minutes early, which allowed us to avoid being paired up with another twosome (as was on the starter's sheet).

Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in good to excellent shape. Hole #12 had all tee boxes temporarily located on the front of the sloped fairway, which made the tee shot less than ideal. I'm not sure why all the tee boxes were not being used on this hole as they seemed fine.

When we were putting on #10, we noticed 4 carts/ 2 foursomes leave the clubhouse area and proceed to tee #11. When we got to the tee box, it was 4 husbands and wives who cut in front of our group. I immediately called the Pro Shop and the ranger was there within 2 or 3 minutes. He spoke to the groups in front of us and had them let us play through. Evidently those groups played 10 holes and then ate a sit-down lunch at the clubhouse. Absolutely no golf etiquette for them to jump in front of us. I cannot begin to tell you how appreciative I was for the staff's immediate response to their egregious actions as it was apparent that these 2 groups would be playing extremely slow.

The only negative about the course was that the bunkers were in terrible shape. Some were full of weeds and appear to be unkempt on purpose. However, others had minimal sand, were not raked, and had lots of marble to golf ball-sized rocks in them. When we hit into a trap, we would rake it really well and then drop our ball in the raked sand before taking our shot. Honestly, it really wasn't a big deal as I was only in 2 traps all day.

I would definitely play here again as the greens, fairways, and tee boxes were a huge upgrade compared to most of the other Lehigh Valley courses.

I know this course gets a lot of negative reviews for it's configuration because you cannot (or should not) hit a driver on every part 4. Personally, I enjoy courses like this where some thinking is involved before club selection on some of the tee boxes.

I'll add one more thing, they have a nice GPS mounted in the cart. While I found it extremely useful, the distances can be off by a lot due to the elevation changes on the course. I relied on my slope range finder but still greatly appreciated the cart's GPS.

Hilly with great views

Played here many times before. Always a challenge with the hilly terrain. If you like an easy course, don't come here.

I love this golf course

This is one of my favorite golf courses that is close to where I live. Every hole is different and presents a different challange. This is a difficult course that will test all aspects of your game and expose your weaknesses. If you love a challenge go to Morgan hill you won't be dissapointed

Long rough

Course is very hilly with great views. Fun to play but very difficult to score if you’re playing out Of the rough. Many blind shots, so it’s not easy to keep it in the short grass. Greens still recovering from aeration, so wait a couple of weeks to consider playing.

Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Milford, New Jersey
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Hellertown, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.