Riverview Country Club

Burgundy 72 5170 yards 69.8 120
Scorecard for Riverview Country Club
Black M: 71.4/129 345 335 520 130 375 205 475 360 435 3180 370 370 210 580 160 325 405 385 520 3325 6505
Blue M: 70.1/127 335 325 505 120 365 195 465 350 410 3070 355 350 190 550 150 315 395 375 495 3175 6245
White M: 68.5/124 325 315 490 110 345 185 455 340 395 2960 340 330 165 520 140 305 385 365 480 3030 5990
Gold M: 65.6/114 310 285 420 100 290 150 425 310 340 2630 305 275 150 460 125 280 340 330 455 2720 5350
Burgundy W: 69.8/120 295 275 410 100 285 140 415 300 325 2545 300 260 145 450 120 260 330 320 440 2625 5170

Year Built 2004
Fairways Bent grass
Greens Bent grass
Architect Jim Blaukovitch (2004)

Dress code Proper golf attire required. No jeans, cutoffs, tank tops, halter tops, tee shirts.

Great Value...But....

Three of us played Riverview CC on Saturday, June 30. We aren't from the area and got a great deal on GroupGolfer for $25. Some of the bunkers were being redone and others had huge puddle in them from drenching rain a day or two earlier. Nothing we or they can do about that.

Something they can do however is make sure the water coolers are filled on the course. It was about 95 degrees and when we got to the first water cooler on hole 4 it was empty. I understand this isn't a private club with enough staff to be able to ensure sure everyone is accommodated, but water coolers being empty on a day like that is unacceptable to me. That is the only gripe I have. Other than that, great experience and I would definitely drive an hour again to play Riverview CC.

New York Advisor

Another week...

...or so for aeration holes to heal. But it was $33 to ride, which was a discount for aeration. The players there are not good on raking traps or fixing ball marks.

Great Value for the money

Layout of the course is wide open, which being on top of a mountain relies on the wind to make it interesting. Course is in emaculate condition. My only complaint would be golfers not repairing their ball marks on the green. Pro shop and restraunt are excellent

Ready to play Riverview again

This was our 2nd round on this track, the first having been an outing earlier this year. The impression made at that time demanded we try the course "for real". The conditions were excellent, with only some issues in the sand traps due to heavy rains over the past several days. Fairways are gorgeous, staying out of the rough is important, and the greens roll true and fast.

Some course knowledge is important off the tes as the landing zones are not always obvious. Cutting the corner here usually ends up costing a stroke by having to chisel out of the rough. A fair number of bunkers to deal with, and some ponds on the course. Sprinkler heads are marked to center and accurate when checked against range finders. Elevation changes, while not drastic, do demand shot placement. Some forced carries into greens.

An all around great experience and our group committed to return again soon!

FYI - they run a special Monday - Wednesday that includes lunch in the green fee if you tee off before noon - a great deal made even better.

ck4

Hidden Gem

What a great find! We were on our way to US Women's Open and wanted to try a place on the way. Glad we went!! Great layout, tremendous conditions, great staff.. We will definitely be back!

RiverviewCC
Commented On 07/19/2017

Hi ck4! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us out on the greens! Glad you decided to take a chance on us! Enjoy the Women's Open! We hope to see you back here again in the future!

Should be closed for the season

This course charges full price with no upfront notice that the tee markers have been removed, the tee boxes are covered with plastic and unplayable and the traps are rock covered and unraked. I get that it is November, but it has been over sixty five degrees for five straight days. People will come and play, the course has an obligation to tell the person booking the round. This is a low class poorly run operation. Book at your own risk as you will tee off from the rough.

New York Advisor

Closest course to NJ

This is a fun layout, make sure you play the right tees for your ability. Because the rough is tough. The back nine has some exciting holes. Only negative, as the previous reviews are the bunkers. Some have hugh stones.

Nice Layout if you like Poor Greens and Bunkers

A group of friends and I took the awful drive to Easton yesterday to play Riverview Country Club, which is not the easiest place to find in the world. We were excited because were able to play after a Professionals tournament, but were quickly disappointed.

I heard good things about the course and I quickly realized that it is because there really isn't any rough on the golf course, which makes higher handicap players happy. However, I was very disappointed by the greens and bunkers. The greens were a mix of grasses which made them very bumpy. It was nearly impossible to roll the ball without it bumping all over. The biggest problem was by far the bunkers, as they were either loaded with rocks or filled with dirt like a baseball field. Either way they were not in great condition.

The staff was friendly although they did not go out of the way to help us when we came, but I understand that they had an outing during the morning. Overall, I would say this is a golf course that is not worth the price just for a nice view. There are a few other courses that are in better shape like Mahoning Valley, Blue Ridge Trail, and Bethlehem for a much better value.

Bunker City

Been wanting to play this course for awhile and finally got to play on a Saturday afternoon which was very good value.

Some water hazards, but the main one here is sand...lots and lots of sand. Almost every green is protected by multiple bunkers and even some placed in fairways make for some strategic positioning. Aside from the par 3s which were almost all off a raised tee box, no real memorable holes (except for a long sweeping dog leg par 5 with a stream in the middle). Course conditions were nice and we saw the cart girl plenty. Wasn't crowded at all and would absolutely play again for the $40 in the afternoon as opposed to the more expensive morning. Every staff member we encountered was also very nice.

Not impressed

Was recommended this course and decided to give it a try, since I have family I can visit near by. The two different types of fairway grass made it very confusing from the tee box, although it's a neat idea, it just doesnt work. Course is hard as a rock and almost every shot should be a club down. The bunkers are atrocious, with about a quarter inch of sand you can't use normal bunker technic and there are tons of bunkers on this course. The greens were nice to putt on as you could get a nice roll on puts. The gentleman in charge of service there were not very friendly and I almost walked away from the gate. Not to mention a 5 and a half hour round. This place has untapped potential but it just failed to impress me enough to make the hour trip again.

Go elsewhere!

Where to start. I called last week, yup the range is scheduled to be open. Get there. RANGE CLOSED. Ok, my group is here no warm up so lets get a drink before we go out. 2 coffees and a coke. OVER 10 minutes! To get a drink! The sand is a joke. 1/4" of sand then HARD stuff. I don't know what you call the thing next to 13 green but it should be ground under repair because it is NOT sand. Did I mention the wait again for a soda and hot dog at the turn?

Nice Course

The course is in great condition, but the pace of play was atrocious. There is no one on the course keeping groups moving after you tee off. The cart services seemed to be slow we only saw the cart twice during a 5 hour round. When it arrived it was out of some drinks and had no food on the cart. The food at the turn was almost uneatable, I was told "the chef left the building so no one could make sandwiches". I almost fell over, who knew you needed a chef to make a sandwich. The bartender was very rude and told me I should have called to order a sandwich, it would have been nice if they put up a sign on the 9th tee box with the phone number a menu like have seen on ton of other courses.

Good alternative for NJ players

This course could easily be a 5-Star course instead of the 4-Stars I gave it. The layout is interesting and scenic but could use a little more length. Condition was very good for a public course that get's its fair share of play - PLEASE FIX YOUR BALL MARKS ON THE GREEEN. The clubhouse is substandard as is the driving range. Staff is friendly and efficient. Overall a nice experience and beats shelling over a C-note to play Architects.

Phillipsburg, New Jersey