Quintero Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No

Dress code: Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Silver 72 6435 yards 70.7 137
Cooper 72 5984 yards 69.2 128
Cooper (W) 72 5984 yards 75.8 145
Jade (W) 72 5307 yards 71.9 125

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks amazing food patio dining

"Scenic, Difficult, Unique"

golfterry's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2017

Arriving at the entry to the course you are met by staff who greet you, take your bag and direct you to the pro shop and parking lot. This was the only negative to the day, The man unloading clubs was rude, unfriendly and definitely didn't want to be working there. After I parked, went inside and checked in, came back outside there was no sign of my golf clubs. 15 minutes later they arrived on a cart.

I drove up the hill to the practice area and the starter was exceptional. Very friendly and very service oriented. The on course marshal also was exceptional. Probably two of the best I have seen at any golf course.

The golf course was in great shape. It was tough. It played long. No roll, ball seemed to always come up short. The greens were very quick and the tough pin placements made it very challenging. All three of us single digit handicappers scored in the 90's.

The par threes were a lot of fun and some of the best I have ever played.

Surprised after 16 years the place still has no clubhouse. Just a trailer/tent.

The regular green fees are high. But Troon card or Golfnow deals can be had to bring it back to a realistic rate.

"Exceeds its Reputation"

Gzzilla11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Claims it’s the #1 course in the state and it is head and shoulders ahead of everyone else. Course conditions are unmatched and the service they provide is just as good as the course itself. I have played virtually every troon course in the valley and can honeslty say that Quintero beats them all. It might be a little off the beaten path but is totally worth the drive! I have played here for years and will continue to come back

"Quintero is consistently good"

pbuchner's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Have played this course about a dozen times in the past 6 years and it is always in pristine condition. Playing it about a month out of overseeding, it was in the best condition I've ever seen. Pace of play was a little slower than usual but not excessive. Overall a great track.

"Might be the best public course in the Phoenix area"

ejrasmo31's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Quintero is a great layout with a good mix of holes. Lots of elevation change with picturesque views. Price point is reasonable compared to many of the course in the Scottsdale area and the course is better. It is a bit of drive with not much else around it, but worth the trip.

It is a Troon course and they participate in the Troon Rewards program. My only complaint is the pro shop staff tends to not be real friendly towards the program. On a 2 for 1 day, I paid for a friend and they only credited half the rate and another time they would not let me use my certificates because I was outside the 3 day booking window. None of the other Troon facilities manage the program this way. Despite this, I will be back because of the course.

"beautiful course, horrible facility"

dawgfn's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

The course is spectacular and if you are willing to put up with all the other nonsense that goes with playing here, then go for it. To start with, the pro-shop guy was rude. When I asked a Golf Now question, he said, "Are they even still in business?" Really? Make sure you get everything you need, because After you finally find the place, you have to drive your golf cart a full mile on a road shared with cars to the practice facility/first tee. After finally finding the starter, I waited 15 minutes after my scheduled tee time, which happens, but with a 2pm tee time, I was kind of anxious. There also appears to be no real restauraunt/bar which is astonishing given the course quallity. After I was done, I had to drive my cart in the dark down the same road, this time without the aid of signs or streetlights. Hard to believe they just leave golfers to find their back the 10 minute drive in the dark. Anyway, the course is a spectacular layout and if that's all your looking for, then you won't be disappointed. Arguably one of the top 5 or 10 layouts I've experienced. Just know, going in, that if you are looking for the "rest of the experience," it isn't happening here.

"Great golf course"

RickBauer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

Played most of the best golf courses in the valley. Quentero is my favorite.

jeffk15's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

"Quintero - expect a slow round"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2017

This course needs to SPEED UP PLAY!! We did not finish our round - got 15 holes in and ran out of daylight; took 4 1/2 hours to play 15! Had heard such positive things about Quintero...and had wanted to play the course. It is a beautiful course and in wonderful shape. We spent over 30 minutes waiting to hit on a par 3 where there were 3 groups ahead of us waiting. Saw 1 ranger on the course near the end of our round. To drive almost an hour and pay good $$ to play - especially a Troon course - I can't recommend Quintero. You expect a slow round on a muni course, not Troon. Disappointing...

"FALSE ACCUSATION OF SHOPLIFTING!!!!"

mtladuc's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

FALSE ACCUSATION OF SHOPLIFTING!!!! I used to love this place. My foursome wanted to golf at We Ko Pa, but I insisted on showing off Qunitero. What a mistake!!! After the 15 minute drive to the practice area/first tee we had played the first hole and had just hit our approach shots on Hole 2 when I was rudely asked to return to the clubhouse. Not my foursome, just me - and they wouldnt tell me why!! So I drove all the way back in HIGH ANXIETY. They then proceeded to falsely accuse an elderly man in my party of shoplifting a divot tool when in truth he took a business card that was placed beside the cash register. Another 15 min drive out to return to my party and now all of our rounds had been ruined. ABSOLUTELY APPALLING!!! The guy that came to get me from the course was SO RUDE!!! So, $400 of golf wasted and they didnt even stick around to apologize after our round!!! I am SO SO SO embarrassed and disappointed. We will NOT be returning to Quintero - truly SAD!

Commented on 11/09/2017

Coming out there for the winter and I was just reading your review. I have seen this type of shoddy management before and I sympathize with you.

"Fantastic Layout"

cswenzler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Great golf course. Layout was excellent. Conditions were less than expected, but the course was closing the next day for overseeding. The golf staff was very friendly and accommodating. The pace of play was very slow, with multiple groups waiting on the tee boxes of the par 3's and 5's. Although there was a marshall to help the pace of play, he was more interested in looking for golf balls in the waste areas than assisting with play. I am looking forward to playing it again soon under better conditions and circumstances..

"Very nice place"

Lizab's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

I enjoyed this course very much, it was to bad the pace of ply was very very slow.

Look forward to playing it again on a better day.

They were closing the next day for over seeding so a lot of things may have been off, however I will be back to enjoy this course at its peak!

HMAC408's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

"Course and service were excellent"

mwimbush's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

I have played Quintero about a dozen times and never had a bad experience. From the staff in the golf shop to the restaurant, the service is friendly and professional. The environment feels more like a private club and the layout of the course is challenging, but fair.

As far as public courses in the Phoenix area go, this is my top pick and has been for awhile.

"Best in West!"

EWimbush's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

We keep coming back to Quintero, they always welcome us, in fact I believe they have the friendliest staff in town and we golf at many courses including Legend Trail, We-Ko-Pa, Estancia and Gray Hawk. The course is always well maintained, a challenge to play making it very interesting, pace of play is great, we are never held up. We belong to a private club in Northern NV, and I can honestly say my golf experience at Quintero (a public course) is equal to if not better than my private course. I highly recommend Quintero.

"Great conditions, decent pace, only one poorly designed hole"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

The staff was extremely friendly. Great wings. My only gripe was with the design of thr course. Impossible to walk. Also, there was a par 5 on the front that my group had to hit 8 irons off the tee. Par 5s where you cant hit driver or 3 wood iare ridiculous.

"A little remote but worth the drive"

RJFetcenko's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

Quintero is a Troon managed course which definitely lives up to expectations. Rees Jones did an excellent job of carving out a great course from the high Sonoran desert. A few tight holes which favor the straight hitters but, generally very generous landing areas. A good approach to the undulating bent-grass greens will hold and then provide a smooth roll to the cup for that birdie putt !

"Great Course, Terrible Pace of Play"

Douglas3107228's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

Loved the course, great layout, variety of challenging holes - but the round was ruined by the almost 6 hour round. After the first 3 holes (which took over an hour) the course marshall came by and said it was slow because they had a big group of 24 guys playing and "they were serious golfers", I'm not even sure what that means. Finished the round in 5 hours and 40 minutes. The pro shop acknowledged the problem and I will give them credit they gave me a rain check, which I won't be able to use because I'm from out of state. So beware its a looong drive to the course and it makes a long day.

"Nice course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

I absalutely love this course and the layout. It's getting close to overseed so I understand that the grass was a little dry and dead in places.

The greens rolls true and fast.

Still one of my favorite courses in the west valley of Phoenix.

I would recommend this course to everyone.

GuyLy's avatar