Quintero Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No

Dress code: Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Silver 72 6435 yards 70.7 137
Cooper 72 5984 yards 69.2 128
Cooper (W) 72 5984 yards 75.8 145
Jade (W) 72 5307 yards 71.9 125

Located in the desert just north of Phoenix and Scottsdale, the golf course at Quintero Golf Club is a challenge but with up to as many as nine tees per hole, it can accommodate golfers of all different abilities and handicaps. The rolling, desert terrain of the course features dramatic elevation changes for interesting play. The golf course's design has wide fairways and plenty of water hazards and sand bunkers. The most difficult hole is the par-5 8th hole, which plays uphill with three large bunkers alongside the right side of the lay-up area. Another difficult but noteworthy hole is Quintero Golf Club's third, which has a scenic lake to the left that sometimes tricks golfers into playing close to it with their tee shot for an easier second shot to the green.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks amazing food patio dining

"Awesome Course"

Jeffbrend's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016

The views are breathtaking. The course is laid out to enhance the experience. The elevated par 3s are fun

"Amazing"

ihome's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018

One of the best ever played. Greens were tour caliber now I know now what the pros face, very fast but fair. Can't wait to play again.

"Worth The Drive"

Bflog72's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Yes, Quintero is a little bit out of the way, but it is worth the drive.

The layout and conditions are spectacular. The greens are fast, smooth and hold their line.

When we come to the phoenix area for a golf trip, Quintero is always #1 on our list to play, and it never disappoints.

The staff is friendly and professional, heck they even gave us a cookie at the turn. Thanks for a great day Quintero!

"Beautiful course and tough layout"

wilcoxchris's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018

Quintero is a top notch course. It will really test your skills to keep the ball in the fairway. As a 7 handicap, I played 2 rounds in one day and learned some of the nuances of the course. I enjoyed playing and was treated like a professional. Highly recommend this course!

"Course management done right"

gmnc1910's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

Quintero is a premier course in the valley. My playing partner and I try to hit the course as often as we can. We have never had any problems until our visit on Saturday (12 May) and it was taken care of professionally, quickly and with apologies. <br/> The background to this is a 30 group deciding that the pace of play did not apply to them and lots of selfies and "non-thinking" about others - such as taking your chipper 5 yards off the green then walking back to the cart for the putter. As a result it took one hour to play 2 holes. A call to the clubhouse and the rangers were straight out., an "all hand on deck" as rangers were on greens over the next few holes. Quintero and the GM, Mike, took control of the situation and a first for me in all my years playing actually saw rangers not just put groups on the clock but actually made them pick up and skip holes! <br/> I feel that the rangers and management controlled the situation with the needs of all players in the appropriate manner by offering the clock and then making slow play skip holes. <br/> A great course not just relies on the actual course but its management and Quintero meets both criteria. Thank you for what could have been a nightmare round (except for my swing) turning out to be a very enjoyable round.<br/> As a side bar, whilst the groups were on the clock we joind the 4some behind to make up 6. We still caught up with the groups in front, until they were made to pick up and move. We completed in just under 5:30 - usually a 4:30 round.

"On the "pace of Play""

Summer456's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

I rated the "pace of play" as excellent. IT WASN'T at the outset. What was Excellent, was how the Quintero Staff corrected it. Within a matter of one hole upon notifying the staff of a serious issue in Pace of Play. we saw the ranger. Within the time frame of 3 more holes, we were greeted by the General Manager apologizing for the experience (Which they rapidly corrected). The team that runs the course are professionals and responsive to any/all concerns. Now I play here often. NEVER had an issue with pace of play. This time there was. The staff corrected it immediately. Bottom Line - BEST COURSE AND STAFF IN ARIZONA!!

"Great Place to Play - Very Challenging"

stevensom's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Great place to play golf if you like challenging gold courses. Love the place.

"Top Golf Course"

Michael5704215's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in great shape. If you’re willing to drive a little longer than usual (past Lake Pleasant), it’s worth the trip. The course is challenging but not unreasonable. One of the best in the state, including the private courses.

"Great layout with a couple of issues"

chucklehead51's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played for the first time in 105 degree heat. Very well designed , challenging course that rivals most of "the Big Boys" in Scottsdale. Very scenic with nice elevation changes. Although not real tight, mistakes will be punished with lost balls. A course that you need to play a few times to have a good score.

Only real problem is that most all greens are well elevated with forced carries over bunkers. Greens were not holding most wedge shots as they were hard and fast. I love fast greens, but with the Arizona heat, they are too hard. Bring your "A'" game and enjoy. Also, staff was friendly, but the facilities are minimal as they expected a big real estate event that never happened.

"Great Golf Course"

SlowLefty's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Worth the drive. The golf course is really strong, in amazing condition and better value in my opinion that Troon, We-Ko-Pa etc.

The pace of play was slow, but we were happy.

"Lived up to its tremendous billing... slow play somewhat took away from a perfect experience"

Mnorton28117's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Probably one of the top 3 courses I've ever played. Fairways manicured to perfection. Greens were hard and extremely fast. Enough sets of tees and combos to bite off exactly how much you want. We saw a ranger on our way to the 10th hole who said the back 9 should move quicker but the exact opposite happened. 2 hrs 45mins for 9 is not acceptable and caused by 2 groups who visited the desert often, looked for balls that they could not play, and did not play ready golf. Would definitely go back, and the 2 for 1 rate on Sundays after 1:30 in April made this an extremely good value.

"Brutally Slow Play"

BPCHI's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

5 hour round. No ranger in sight. Waiting 10 minutes on every shot. Don't waste your time with this course - way overrated

Course Layout: Poor

"Great course Awesome customer service"

u9321985's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

I was traveling to Phoenix and found this course through Golf advisor. I booked a tee time which turned out to be the first group off. Played with a Father and Son that were both great and we played in under 3 hours for 18! Course was in great shape, greens were firm so you have to play for an extra bounce but that was consistent so it was very playable. Staff was amazing and Made me feel welcomed both at the start and throughout the round. Next time I'm in the area I will definitely play this course again.

One other cool thing was the wild burros and lots of Quail and rabbits running around... has nothing to do with golf but was still very cool to see.

"Bad Greens"

mstolz01's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

Greens ruined the experience. Course condition from tee to green was excellent. Most greens would not hold approach shots, even from inside 100 yards. The greens pitted fine, just too hard.

"Best Public course in AZ"

KielMoney's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

This is by far the best public course in AZ! Everything was in perfect condition and the greens were rolling at an 11. I will make a point to play this course anytime I can get down to the area... well worth the drive and cost. 5 out of 5

"Top course in the valley"

Matt9755441's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

Quintero remains at the top of the public course rankings with good reason. Always a good outing at this desert oasis!

"Simply the best!"

Uhsgsiendalal's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Love this place! My first time playing and I enjoyed every part of the experience. The course is extremely challenging so make sure you play the right tees.

"Quintero"

Topdad0123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018

Make sure to choose the correct tees for your handicap you will have a more enjoyable experience . Awesome golf course hope to play again.

"Incredible Golf Course but Slow Play"

meullen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2018

For anyone who loves golf this is a must play. The views, course layout and condition are world class and I mean truly amazing . Unfortunately the day we played was a 5+ hour round. No reason for that as they did have marshals on the course. This is the most scenic and well designed high desert golf course I have seen. it is out in the middle of nowhere so be advised that you need to have lead time to get there. Well worth it though provided pace of play is better. they did give us a credit toward future play when we complained so that says something.

"Overrated"

abird5's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Don't get me wrong it is a wonderful course but shouldn't be number one in Arizona. And Arizona is known for over charging any course you play. This course was very challenging. It is worth the experience, however for the price range in peak season I would not go back. I would say fair price for this course is $60-$90. I am able to say I play Quintero and that is is a beautiful course, but I wouldn't say number one in Arizona. The views are worth the drive.

Course advice: You will be paying to shoot one of your worst rounds. What ever tees you think you should go from, go one up. Keep driver in you're bag for a lot of the holes 3 wood or hybrid are smart plays.

"Worth the drive"

wigmon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2018

I've not played a ton of golf in the Phoenix area, but I think this course has to belong on a "must play" list. Its a little more difficult than the average course with its elevation changes, but there weren't forced carries that I would call unreasonable as long as you select the proper tee boxes.

Only downfall was there had been a little rain the night before and they restricted us to cart path only even though the course didn't seem wet at all (sunridge canyon and verrado were wetter and we could drive on fairways there).

during our recent trip we played southern dunes, estrella, victory, quintero, sunridge canyon and las sendas. I would rate this with the best of the bunch in views and layout and condition (sunridge and estrella were at the bottom for condition as the rough didn't exist and was matted down to essentially be dirt like). I rated the value as average because the course is expensive and its worth what you pay, but its as much or more than most guest fees at really good country clubs in the area.

Overall it was a great experience and I'll play it again when I'm in the area.