Seven Canyons - Four Seasons Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

"Beautiful scenery..."

JayCoffinGC's avatar
Golf Channel

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2018

In town for a buddy's wedding and was able to get out and play 18 on a perfect, beautiful March morning.

This is a terrific club, with beautiful views and scenery of the red rock mountains all over the place. Breathtaking.

The routing is a little out of sorts, it takes you awhile to figure out where the next hole is from time to time. But there are some good, memorable holes (especially the par 3s) that makes the whole experience worthwhile.

"Superb"

HogansFundamentals's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

Outstanding Tom Weiskopf course in stunning surroundings. I would change the routing a little bit (some long adventures between some holes), but most holes are memorable. Excellent club amenities. I enjoyed this round a great deal.

"Noisiest Course I've Ever Played"

vronchet's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

There was a lot of construction going on around the course and the heavy equipment was extremely noisy. The course is located in a beautiful setting but there are homes being built everywhere. The back nine was a little more peaceful but the experience had already been ruined for me. We had to stay at the Enchantment Resort to play the course and the package cost us $775.

Please save your money and go play at Sedona Golf Resort instead!

"Perfect backdrop"

kevinrmac's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Hard to think of many places that are set in a more beautiful location. The course was in great condition and provided a good test of golf (especially for a resort course). Some of the tee shots are tighter than a typical resort course but I wouldn't classify any as unfair. Greens were in great condition rolling very well.

"Excellent...as expected"

RPG00's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016

Played as a resort guest. Course was in great condition and staff was great. Greens were fast but true. Can't speak about value. You get what you pay for in this course. Hope to play again

"Great staff!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/22/2014

A challenging course to play for the first time that was made very enjoyable not only by the conditions<br/> The staff made me feel. Like I was a member.

"Seven Canyons a beauty and beast amid the Red Rocks of Sedona"

JasonDeeganGA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Thank goodness the views at Seven Canyons distract you from looking down at the scorecard.<br/> Tom Weiskopf's narrow fairways have a way of making balls disappear in the mysterious "vortex" of Sedona's red rocks. This par-70 routing, designed as a private club, doesn't have much resort forgiveness built in. The chance to play in such epic surroundings are worth the humbling. Outside of Augusta National, there might not be a more scenic inland course in America. Seven Canyons is only accessible to members and guests of Enchantment, a gorgeous resort three miles away.

"A beautiful course"

rubacha56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/31/2013

If we hadn't been chased off by a early afternoon thunderstorm, we'd have enjoyed a full 18 holes. As it was, we had to get off the course on 13.

A beautiful course, no question. Some of the fairways were narrow and, without a course map, which they charge for, often could not tell which way to drive.

"A Mishmash"

None's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/29/2013

The course is located in a spectacular location and the design of the holes is top-notch. However, there were major shortcomings. First, there are no yardage markers. You have no idea how far it is to the hole, so it is a game of complete luck and guesswork. I hit several good shots 30 yards short and several others 30 yards long. C'mon, just but a few sticks to place in the ground. Second, there are no markers saying which tee you are at. Third, there are very unclear directions as to how to get to the next tee. Lots of time spent driving in circles. Overall, great potential, but extremely user unfriendly.

"Outstanding vistas"

wpaulreed's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/27/2013

Hard to complain about a course in such a pristine setting. Not long, but you need to be in the fairway. Rough was long and a bit wet from recent rains. Greens challenging but a little slow.<br/> They're going back to private in a couple of weeks, but if you're in Sedona, you gotta find a way yo play it. Bring your camera.

"beautiful layout"

Howard7868373's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2013

fun course.. always enjoy playing this track. beautiful scenery, very well maintained.

"At each stroke you have a "KODAK" moment on this course. It has the most spectacular views of any course I have played. Fair and challenging."

willgolf2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/13/2013

After our round the staff told us the course was going private around the middle of September. This is a must play course for average straight hitter golfers.<br/> GolfNow deals are exceptional for this course. Course is fair and challenging. One must plan their shots for each stroke and not be distracted by the beautiful surrounding canyons.<br/> Only problem was not enough water on course and fairways do not have yardage markers . Recommend you have a a way to measure yardage to hole. Pro shop sells hole layout book with yardage and is a good souvenoir.

"Beautiful views"

ElChef's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/6/2013

Absolute must play if you go to Sedona. It used to be a private club so they have some strange rules (they allow only alcohol to members only, not that I like to drink while I play but it just seems odd). They charge $25 as a riding fee if you chose to bring someone that's not playing to enjoy the views too. Tee boxes need attention. Fairways need to be marked better. Yardage guide is $11 but if you take the time you can print it from their website, as you will need it to understand where to go and how far to hit it from the tee. Greens were receptive but quick. Due to intense rain probably mid July-August is not the best time to play there. A lot of bunkers were flooded or with excesive wet sand. That being said, the views of the rocks around are absolutely priceless. I would try it again in a different time of the year.

"All about the views"

jkemper's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/27/2013

Doesn't matter what you shoot here...just make sure you have a camera. $80 is pricey for the layout, conditions, etc. But you're surrounded by such spectacular scenery it really doesn't matter. Only downside is the course isn't marked the best and nobody was around to help keep pace of play. Every shot was about a 10 min wait.

"Great views and greens"

William4943953's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/26/2013

Nice cool day, pace of play was excellent, greens very good, fairways a little rough due to recent rains. Course design interesting and challenging even though it is fairly short.

"A must play golf course!"

hgoodstein2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/23/2013

The fairways and greens are in excellent condition. The views of red canyons all around are awesome.

"Great Location and Layout"

gldncane's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/21/2013

It was a good course with an awesome layout and location.

The only minor issue is we had was that the drink cart attendant told us we could not purchase alcoholic beverages due to not being a member. Which I had never encountered before. Overall I had a great time and will be back again

"Outstanding golf adventure"

golfscoreof76's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2013

Pristine course, fantastic surroundings.<br/> 3rd best course I've ever played in my 65 years of golfing.

"Most beatiful course ever, bring your camera"

knothed1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/6/2013

My title says it all. The course has a great layout fun and challenging holes. Lots of wildlife to see and of course the unreal, beautiful Red Rocks that surround the entire course. Bring the camera cause you will want to snap a few pics. I had to wait and scare off about 12-15 wild boar eating grass around the Tee box at hole #2. Perfect condition, tee box, fairways, and greens. The price I paid was $60 and I would pay it again. All I could say when I steeped on every tee box was WoW. Im glade I was able to play here Thanks to my girlfriend who paid for me to play for a gift for my birthday when we stayed at the unbelievable Enchantment resort in Sedona tow miles from the course. Ill be back for my bachelor party to teeit up with my best men. Cant wait!!!

"7 Canyons needs some attention but is worth the trip from the Valley"

foreleft75's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/6/2013

7 Canyons has been on my hitlist ever since it opened. I love Weiskopf's Silverleaf in Scottsdale and it is my understanding that he was trying to take that caliber of course and put it in Sedona. After reading all the mixed reviews here, I was a bit disheartened but decided to make the trek up there anyway.

Let me preface this by saying that I am a 'golf snob' and am very particular of golf courses. Maybe it's because I didn't have high expectations going into it, I ended up really enjoying 7 Canyons and recommend anyone to go play it now before it goes private in September.

The setting of the course is ridiculous - absolutely stunning with elevation, very few homes/villas. and tucked among the Sedona red rock mountains. On just about every tee box you're saying "wow!" I would describe the course condition as "average". Fairways, tees, and greens need attention and were clearly not in the condition Weiskopf intended but it was playable. I'm guessing the greens were stimping out at an eight. The staff were extremely friendly but there was no beverage cart (but they did allow coolers - or did for us). The range was kind of ratty but balls were included. I was surprised and disappointed that back tee only measured 6750 yds. Yardage books were $11 but I strongly suggest the investment so you know where you're going.

Overall, 7 Canyons was worth the money and the drive. Check it out while you still can.