Style Links

Broadlands Golf Club in North Prairie is one of the most popular public golf courses in the Milwaukee area and also one of southeastern Wisconsin's best values. With a wide-open, virtually treeless landscape, the course has a traditional links design. It offers plenty of challenges but it is also not overly difficult for high handicappers. Water comes into play on a few holes, mostly on the front nine. Emphasis is placed on proper club selection, especially for the finishing hole, a downhill par 3 with bunkers and native grasses framing the two-tiered green. It is an especially tough hole on a windy day. The golf course is versatile and accommodates a wide range of skill levels. Its playability has made it a popular host for amateur tournaments and outings. Broadlands Golf Club also has a driving range for golfers to use.

Broadlands Golf Club
Scorecard for Broadlands
Black M: 72.1/125 429 563 392 184 440 537 193 412 418 3568 430 335 178 527 447 392 500 330 177 3316 6884
White M: 69.4/122 416 534 365 149 393 485 171 368 386 3267 368 304 151 492 413 346 478 304 149 3005 6272
Gold M: 66.9/117 W: 71.9/120 399 510 320 125 354 450 136 325 350 2969 332 277 128 449 375 313 459 268 144 2745 5714
Red M: 63.4/110 W: 67.7/111 293 415 287 89 319 422 105 294 300 2524 300 243 98 407 330 289 443 198 120 2428 4952

Year Built 2000
Architect Jacobson Golf Course Design (2000)

Dress code Men, collared shirts are required. Ladies, no halter tops please. No cut-off shorts allowed. Shirts must be worn at all times.

Entertaining Clients 10

Slow Pace

The course was great but the group in front of us was really slow which we reported to the staff but they still didn't pick up the pace or have us play through after they were warned. They would spend up to 10 minutes on most holes looking for lost balls instead of just taking a drop. It took us 5 hours. They did not have any golf etiquette.

Bob

The course for this time of year was ok. Greens a little slow. I am sure the course will get better when weather gets better. Go play the course nice course.

Great Condition

The course is an excellent condition considering all the rain we had this spring and early summer. The greens were running fast and smooth. The rough is thick and penalizing. We played as a threesome and had nobody in front of us or anyone pushing us from behind. Hats off to the grounds crew and Greenskeeper at Broadlands. My favorite course to play in the greater Milwaukee area. This course is an absolute must play. Very challenging from the tips. Bring your A game or a few extra balls.

Indiana Advisor

Aptly named, great fun

Played a few weeks ago after work, it was sunny and windy. First time here, so I had some need to drive up from the tee to figure out where I should aim. Greens had been punched and sanded, so they were a challenge I never got all that comfortable with; they were in good shape considering, but I just couldn't get the ball slammed into the hole. I'm sure they play much better in season, they were contoured well and smooth.

The course is named well - many tee boxes are elevated and the expanse below is pretty tree-free and there's a lot of room out there. The fall off areas and the fescue areas can be nasty though, so finding fairways really helps (stunning viewpoint I know...). I really enjoyed the vistas - picking a good line meant you could give the driver a rip.

Course is well grassed all around, the bunkers were fair - some hadn't been raked, so they were crusty, but I raked and redropped and they were fine (you might say this time of year I get a lil' loose with the rules!).

On the front, I really enjoyed the stretch of holes 2-3-4. Number 2 is a par 5 with a great picturesque tee shot and cool bunkers. The 3rd is a short par 4 that dares you to take on the bunker and the water behind it. The par 3 fourth was dead into the wind and from my tee it was a hard 5i to get to the green.

I think I preferred the back 9 better; really the closing stretch from 14 to the house is solid golf. Fourteen plays long to an angled green, par is a good score. Fifteen and sixteen play back and forth, from elevated tees again, with a shared space between fairways. The par 5 sixteenth was my favorite hole on the course. Seventeen is a blind tee shot dropping over the hill and the approach is to a narrow green. Eighteen finishes with a par 3, which works well on this course; the hole plays over a chasm and the green is perched over there waiting for you.

Great place, really wish I had caught it with less wind and in-season to see the greens in all their summer glory. Love the property and they use the elevations and vistas well.

Nice course, good value

The course was in nice shape and we always enjoy the layout. We played with two nice guys and had a fun afternoon. The only problem we had was that the round took over 4 1/2 hours to complete. We got a favorable rate from GolfNow, which was great. We will be back again

This was my first time playing this course and it won't be the last! Wide fairways but don't get off of them because if you hit it into the fescue you're in trouble. The greens are quick but if you hit your putts right you will be ok. The course plays short from the gold tees, which if you are not a long hitter still gives you a challenge. I shot 81 with 2 birdies, my second lowest round ever!

Nice Course Great Value

The course was in great shape. The layout is very playable (as long as your hitting ‘em straight. I’ll defin play it again.

Well worth the money. Challenging but great place to golf.

Good time

Had a noon tee time. Played front quick then ran into backup wasn't bad. Great fun and at a good price

Great golf for the price.

The course was in great shape. The pace was slow because of the outing. The greens are ok. WHAT I like is the course has gold tees for us elder players.

Great course but check in staff could use customer service training

Staff person at check-in was very rude. Acted like he could care less if we golfed or not. Course was in great shape and we golfed with a nice couple who were fun to golf with. Ranger asked us to speed up our play on hole 2 and we did, and the rest of the front 9 we waited at every hole! Two-some behind us, hit into us 3 times, once while we were putting,they put a ball on the green! It all left a bad feeling for a beautiful golf course.

Early Round Delight

I got a grade tee time on a beautiful summer-like day. the course had some winter kill over the last 5 months therefore the fairways were not at its best. however they have a wonderful crew and I'm confident they will be able to get it back to Prime condition. the greens were a little slow perhaps not been cut yet. I was paired with a delightful older couple and we had fun on the course. We played behind a foursome and they were courteous and played quickly. the bunkers were in great shape. I look forward to playing there again. If you haven't played this course it's a must. challenging from the blue tees but fair from the whites.

Dousman, Wisconsin
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Delafield, Wisconsin
Big Bend, Wisconsin

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)