Trappers Turn Golf Club - Canyon/Arbor

The 27 holes of championship golf at Trappers Golf Club are spread across the rolling countryside of Wisconsin Dells, a landscape that was carved by glaciers thousands of years ago. The terrain provided an incredible canvas for course designers Andy North and Roger Packard to work with. They first designed 18 holes, the Canyon and Lake nines and then added the Arbor nine in 2000. The golf courses can be played as three different 18-hole combinations. The Canyon/Arbor Course combines the old and the new. The Canyon is home to Trappers Turn's signature hole, the par-3 seventh, which has an extreme drop in elevation into a small green that sits amidst a glacier-formed canyon but it is not as intimidating a hole as it seems. The scenery continues onto the Arbor nine, which borders the Rocky Arbor State Park.
Trappers Turn Golf Club
Scorecard for Canyon/Arbor
Gold M: 73.1/131 446 375 408 203 495 353 176 436 549 3441 357 502 160 434 367 441 217 524 425 3427 6868
Blue M: 71.4/131 401 352 384 172 487 326 158 416 533 3229 340 490 149 419 339 425 174 487 420 3243 6472
White M: 68.9/125 W: 74.0/132 378 332 328 152 480 288 126 363 519 2966 326 430 129 357 270 404 144 451 403 2914 5880
Red W: 69.1/120 291 286 295 131 405 228 93 313 446 2488 263 395 115 310 211 371 134 368 349 2516 5004

Year Built 2000
Architect Andy North (2000) Roger Packard (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - Kalahari Golf Academy at Trappers Turn
Practice Hole Yes

Great Greens

Played Arbor/Lake and it is fantastic, great layout and fast greens !!!

Smooth round

Conditions were perfect, the course was impeccable, and the staff was courteous and professional. What an amazing round of golf. Highly recommended.

Another gem in the Dells

Trapper's Turn is located on the outskirts of the Dells, so after driving through waterpark and touristy madness on the strip, the scene returns to nature with beautiful woods and trees. It's here that Andy North, a native in the Badger state, built a 27-hole course that delivers one heck of a day of golf and Midwest hospitality.

I loved everything about the Canyon-Lake routing except for the very difficult first hole. From there, it is infinitely fun with a nice mix of scoring holes and challenging ones with strategic twists.

What really surprised me was the food-and-beverage operation in the large clubhouse. Thankfully, I played on Sunday morning and finished just in time to splurge on an all-you-can-eat prime rib Sunday brunch.

That night, I returned for a fine meal, kick-started by an appetizer of Wisconsin's largest cheese curds. Yum.

Trappers Turn

Great course really fun to play every time I play here it is in amazing shape and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend checking this gem out if you are going to be in the Dells area

Andy

Very good condition,excellent value for money,very friendly staff

Great conditions

The course was in excellent condition considering the weather we have had. Kudos to the grounds crew.

Every hole had the "wow" factor!

Loved everything about the entire complex! Will admit though... hole #18 on the Canyon course totally kicked my butt!!

Fall foliage peak

Beautiful time of the year to enjoy this course. Played the Canyon and Arbor.

Fallen leaves are always a challenge. GPS on cart is very helpful. Always a fun time.

Fun layout

Greens in great shape except on Canyon 9 which were recently aerated.

Over saturated fairways and poor putting greens

For a person who plays golf 4-5 times per week I was very disappointed on the course conditions. The fairways were over watered, standing water in bunkers, and the food is a bit over priced. Staff was awesome, however, I wouldn't recommend paying more than $30 for 18 holes and a cart there. I was really looking forward to playing there again since the last time I played at Trapper's was 4 years ago and I brought a good friend down telling him all about how beautiful this course is during the 2 hour drive. Completely unhappy. I've played many courses during the summer and this one is by far the worst kept course. I don't recommend anyone to play here until they can revive the patchy greens and stop watering their fairways so much.

Must Play Course In The Dells

I had heard a lot about Trappers from people in the area and that it was THE course to play at in the Dells. I was not disappointed as it gave me choices throughout every hole not just having to go driver, driver, driver every time. I play Canyon/Arbor and loved the differences of the two. Canyon can have very narrow fairways at times or immediate doglegs in the layout so you have to think about your shot instead of just stepping up and going. Arbor was a great change of pace and I enjoyed the different elevation changes especially holes 15 and 16 teeing from an elevated drop and then teeing onto an island green. I had a great $18 deal and would love to play again if I found another as $80 is a little too rich for my blood. Awesome course and a must play if staying in the dells.

Overpriced for the lack of detail

Incredibly disappointing to pay over $80 and the bunkers are not raked. Played at 7:05am so traps should've been fresh, however footprints from the previous day were evident. Also, the grass hitting in the range is full of weeds. I've played this course multiple times and it's evident the lack of detail the are putting into this course.

Great 1st Experience

My buddy and I, along with our family, stayed overnight in Wisconsin Dells. The family decided to get park passes so I started to search via Golf Now to see if there were any deals in the area. Turned out to be a very good choice as we choose Trappers Turn.

We played Arbor/Lakes. We were greeted by a young man who took our bags and placed them on the carts while we checked in. Had no problem with the check-in process. We were allowed to tee off before our Hot-Deals time. A start checked us in and we were off. Greens were rolling true and fairways were a little wet from rain the day before. It was cart path only so we didn't get to utilize the gps to our content. Course layout was challenging so you had to be precise with your tee shots. Good thing we played from the Blue tees and not the Gold. We enjoyed the challenges of all the holes.

Poor weather

Nice rainy day

Between rain, play stopped, and rain again, I managed to have a good 18 hole round at a beautiful golf course. Top notch club, large clubhouse, valet bag drop off, GPS carts, the whole nine yards.

Only interaction with staff were the bagboys and the ranger, who were all pretty cool guys.

The price got me to the golf course. I think I need to get my game in shape a bit to warrant the $60-$70 green fee that is the usual. But I had a great day!

Vacation in Wisconsin

Really enjoyed this beautiful well manicured Golf Course

Excellent condition!

This is an excellent golf course and was in excellent condition. I played the Arbor/Lakes course with 2 men from Texas attempting to play in all 50 states. We played the round in three hous and 15 minutes.

STAFF IS VERY RUDE!!

I was on vacation purchasing a property nearby, I always wanted to play

trappers turn. I booked a hot deal on golf now for 1:42PM, I was running a little behind

& arrived 10 Minutes before my tee time due to the fact my closing took longer then expected. I greeted the young gentlemen in the clubhouse & he just gave me a head

nod. He then said your on the tee box with the 2-some, I explained my situation to him & asked if I could warm up at the range then tee-off ( keep in mind it's Sunday afternoon at 2pm & its drizzling rain about to thunder storm) no joke, the course was empty.

He looked at me all crabby & replied " NO YOU GOT A HOT DEAL"

Why offer golf now deals if this is how you treat customers?

I could understand if the course was packed on a beautiful day,

but the place was empty! I just left the course & never played my round.

I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Baraboo, Wisconsin