Combo 72 6523 yards
Combo (W) 72 5167 yards
Yellow (W) 72 4984 yards 69.2 119

Year Built 1986
Architect Mark McCumber (1986) Mike Beebe (1986)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy of North Florida"

To much rain

Course was nice but half of the course was too wet for sure

Outstanding Course

Great course, outstanding layout. No parallel holes and homes surrounding parts of the course aren’t too close. Greens and fairways are well kept. Excellent staff.

Course playing well despite rain

Course held up well after being deluged by rain on Saturday. Winter grass makes for slower greens but they are all the same so it is more and issue of adjusting. Layout is still fun and it is a friendly place to play.

Will return.

Commented On 12/05/2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, and for the 3 stars. We are glad to see that you enjoyed playing our golf course and hope that you will continue to see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. We are glad to hear that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us even after the recent rain we've experienced. Thank you for playing and recommending our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Much improved

Greens were in pretty good shape and the staff have made an effort both on the range and the course. Keep up the good work. I'm coming back.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 12/03/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greens were terribly slow!

The rye grass on the greens made every putt an adventure. Way to slow and uneven. It added at least 10 shots to my round.

Commented On 11/26/2018

Hello Peter, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. We are sorry to see that the greens may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Layout - but greens overseeded and very slow

I'd wait a few weeks to play here - enjoyed the layout but the greens were very, very furry and slow. I'd recommend this course ONLY after the greens grow in and are cut.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 11/08/2018:
Hello Rick, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

Please fix the greens,

Nice course but the greens are slow and your ball bounces when it’s rolling on the greens! Theses greens have been slow for a long time!

Commented On 11/05/2018

Hello Lottster, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards making the necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice tucked away course

Pro shop staff, Marcus, was very kind both times I’ve spoken with him. Carts are clean and functioning as they should. Course has some challenges. 17th green needs some help. Cart path is the biggest gripe out there. It’s long and beaten up. Overall though 4 stars for the combination of value and quality.

Always a great time at this course

On a recent visit to Green Cove Springs, my husband and I checked out GolfNow for some deals.

Magnolia Point popped up with a $17.00 deal for 18 holes w/ a cart. Having golfed at this course before we booked an 11:38 tee time.

Staff was friendly at check in, as well as the course starter who paired us up with another twosome (both parties agreed to the pairing). We enjoyed our game. Around the 8th hole the starter rode by to check on our progress. The course "cart gal" rode buy twice during our play.

Perfect golf day ♡ and we enjoy the ease of booking through GolfNow.

Great Weather on Great Course

Magnolia Point is back...… I only played the front nine, as recovering from lower back problems, but have no reason to believe the back nine aren't equal. Greens could be a little faster, but very true.

Great course with some holes that should make you think ahead. As others posted the green speeed was pretty slow compared to other area courses around Jacksonville. I look forward to playing again.

Nice layout.

As always, the course is a fun track and the pace of play was good. The only negative about the course is the driving range which is the worst of the many courses I play in the Jax area. Conversely, the practice chipping green is excellent.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 11/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Glacial Pace of Play

I played Magnolia Point with friends this past Saturday after not having played it for a couple of years, and I was disappointed. The main issue was pace of play, as the round took over 5 hours, We were constantly pulling up on to tees and finding that the group in front of us had not teed off yet. There were just way too many poor/beginner golfers playing a somewhat difficult course at peak time.

The course has tons of out of bounds, the fairways were mowed very narrow, and many greens were very small. I've seen some criticism in other reviews about the course conditioning, but I didn't really have an issue with it. It's slightly below average for public courses in our area, but nothing that will ruin the round.

These guys just need to spread out tee times a bit, and work with their members/regulars to find times that are best suited for their abilities. I saw half a dozen whiffs from the group in front of us. That kind of thing makes it tough to get things moving at peak time.

The rolling terrain of the course is the best thing it has going for it, and the staff is friendly, but 5+ hours is just way too long.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 11/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, in the Clay County area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Potential Gem

A challenging, yet playable course just needs a little TLC to be an area must play. The course conditions are fine but not up to NE Florida standards. The greens are in really good shape but are not cut low enough to putt consistently. The speed varied from green to green and even on different parts of the same green.

For our $29 GolfNow rate it was well worth the drive. The only drawback was the pace. The round took almost 5 hours on a Wednesday morning. The wasn’t the fault of the staff or the course but of inconsiderate golfers. According to the Marshall one or two groups held up the whole course.

Our green fee included a free hot dog and a beer. The pub is excellent and had a decent menu with a passable beer selection.

Will definitely go back, hopefully not behind the same group of “golfers”.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 10/19/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, in the Green Cove Springs area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens

Course is getting much better than 7 weeks ago..... But, the greens are much to slow. After playing here and then playing a course with normally fast greens, I left far to many putts very short.

Great!!

First time my buddy and I played this course. The course was in great shape, fun to play and the staff was very friendly. The greens were ok, but very slow. looking forward to playing here again and I hope the grass are faster.

BEST SHAPE I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME

I have played this course plenty of times and this is the best I have seen it. I played here a about six months ago and it was terrible. Thanks to the staff for the effort they have put forward in making this a good course.

Nice Golf Course

We had a good round of Golf. The course is in a very good shape in relation to the time of the year.

The management did a good job in improving the course. I will come back.

Slow greens!

Good price.

Decent playing conditions overall. I enjoy the layout.

Slowest greens I’ve played on in a long time! You had to crush your putts!

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello Jon, Thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.
Green Cove Springs, Florida