Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club

Combo 72 6523 yards
Combo (W) 72 5167 yards
Yellow (W) 72 4984 yards 69.2 119

Year Built 1986
Architect Mark McCumber (1986) Mike Beebe (1986)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy of North Florida"

Potential Gem

A challenging, yet playable course just needs a little TLC to be an area must play. The course conditions are fine but not up to NE Florida standards. The greens are in really good shape but are not cut low enough to putt consistently. The speed varied from green to green and even on different parts of the same green.

For our $29 GolfNow rate it was well worth the drive. The only drawback was the pace. The round took almost 5 hours on a Wednesday morning. The wasn’t the fault of the staff or the course but of inconsiderate golfers. According to the Marshall one or two groups held up the whole course.

Our green fee included a free hot dog and a beer. The pub is excellent and had a decent menu with a passable beer selection.

Will definitely go back, hopefully not behind the same group of “golfers”.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 10/19/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, in the Green Cove Springs area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens

Course is getting much better than 7 weeks ago..... But, the greens are much to slow. After playing here and then playing a course with normally fast greens, I left far to many putts very short.

Great!!

First time my buddy and I played this course. The course was in great shape, fun to play and the staff was very friendly. The greens were ok, but very slow. looking forward to playing here again and I hope the grass are faster.

BEST SHAPE I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME

I have played this course plenty of times and this is the best I have seen it. I played here a about six months ago and it was terrible. Thanks to the staff for the effort they have put forward in making this a good course.

Nice Golf Course

We had a good round of Golf. The course is in a very good shape in relation to the time of the year.

The management did a good job in improving the course. I will come back.

Slow greens!

Good price.

Decent playing conditions overall. I enjoy the layout.

Slowest greens I’ve played on in a long time! You had to crush your putts!

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello Jon, Thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Course Back

Having not played this course for 6 weeks, I was pleasantly surprised to see the course condition back to very good.

Beautiful course but slow greens!

This is a beautiful and wonderful course but the greens are slow! I say the same thing every time I play and give a review for this course.!

Greens are getting better!!

This course is so much better, they have worked hard to get this course back in shape. Very close to a course in great shape. I'm playing here again soon. Good shape to play now!!

The Layout is Nice !!

Played here today the pace of play was excellent. Greens need some work as is some of the fairways and around the cart paths. Keep an eye on your ball in the second cut because it will swallow your ball up and it's hard to find. Beautiful layout cut out of the housing developement there. Very enjoyable place to play some holes are challenging.

Challenges your strategy

Very challenging ravines and second shot must have faith, if not you will need to hit a safe shot!! Keeps you on your toes!

Bring Your "A" Game

This golf course winds through a housing community and wooded area. You seldom see an adjacent hole. That being said, you better hit it straight. There are plenty of opportunities to lose golf balls (I lost four)

The Bermuda grass greens were in pretty good shape, but are somewhat grainy. The fairways are in good shape. This course does need some trimming around the edges -- there were overgrown areas around bunkers, water hazards, etc. Just some weed-eating that would give the course a much neater look. The areas that were overgrown did not appear to be that way by design.

If you are using a Skycaddie, select White to Blue or Blue to White. The Red nine is closed with the exception of its hole #9. I played that hole in lieu of hole #2 on the White nine because hole #2 was closed.

The greens fees are very reasonable, and I got a Hot Deal on GolfNow, which made it better. I would recommend this very challenging course.

The Greens are absolutely atrocious

I was suckered into playing this course because I saw the 4 star ratings on GolfNow. I should’ve read the reviews more carefully because then I would’ve seen the other reviews expressing their frustration at the greens. THE GREENS WERE ABSOLUTELY TRETCHEROUS. I would rather pay to watch a girls basketball game at the local YMCA than to ever pay to play this course again.

The only good thing about this course is the cart girl. Do not ever come to this course if you want an accurate depiction of your game.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 09/13/2018:
Hello Andrew, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, in the Clay County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens need a lot of work.. overall the course isn’t too bad.. I would come back and play again.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello Kyle, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Greens need more maintenance

The faraways were good condition, but, the greens needs more maintenance. Greens were rough and missied grass a lot. The price is reasonable and staffs are friendly.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 06/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Love this course. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will definitely go back

Not worthy

This course wasn’t even worth ten bucks that I paid for it

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 06/14/2018:
Here at Magnolia Point we are always looking to improve and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the course conditions, and we are working hard to make sure the course will be in great shape in the future. Again, thank you for the review, and we hope to see you back sometime soon.

Poor greens

Greens are infected with a fungus and weed that distract from the fairway good condition.

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Green Cove Springs, Florida area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Greens need work

Enjoyed the layout but can be confusing for someone that has not played here before. A few holes are down the street a pretty good ways. The course had been getting lots of rain but the greens were bare and damaged prior to all the rain. Would like to see Magnolia get back to its glory days and add the additional 9 holes back in

Response from Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club on 06/06/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to hear that the conditions did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback and hope you were still able to enjoy your round. We hope to see you back soon.
Green Cove Springs, Florida