Year Built 1986
Architect Mark McCumber (1986) Mike Beebe (1986)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy of North Florida"

Experience Should’ve Been So Much Better!

Haven’t played Magnolia Point in over a decade. Mostly because it’s a ways away from where I live, but the course also at that time wasn’t in the best of conditions.
Decided to play the course again & was a great deal for 18 holes through Golf Now. Here’s a list of things that went wrong today:
1. Was told by clubhouse staff that the carts available ( approximately 4 ) had “ maybe “ 50% charge “. Something about a lot of carts out in the morning. Totally unacceptable. I’ll leave it at that. Was told to call them if I run out of juice. Barely made 9 holes so @ the turn had to get a new cart. By hole 12, it was starting to do the same thing the first cart was doing. Barely making it up the slightest incline.
2. No starter or course advisor out on the course keeping pace of play up. Which was an issue later in my round.
Back to the starter or course advisor issue. Who allows a six-some out on the course!? I was stuck behind these guys for the last 5-6 holes. Knew nothing about course etiquette & never let me, as a single, play through. Talk about getting out of rhythm & so frustrated I didn’t even play the 18th.
3. No cart girl & it was only high 90’s!? Plenty of water though on the course!
4. Course in pretty darn good shape. Pin placements on a lot of the holes were ridiculous, but not a big issue.

Will I come back again, probably yes. But, it will be awhile.

Commented On 09/17/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback and complimenting conditions. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note of the pace and cart issues and we hope to see you back!

Maintain your sand traps and buy or lease new carts

Greens are in great shape. Sand traps and fairways are in need of care. We used 4 golf carts for one round. Kept breaking down and not charged. NOT Worth the money. Will never go back.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps, fairways and golf carts are extremely important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par as the current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Please be assured that we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. We hope to see earn your business again soon.

Fun course

Great course, beautiful scenery and some challenging holes.

Course Condition - Forget Last Year

Mid-August and the course is mostly in great shape. A few fairways need help and with all the rain, many bunkers are unplayable. Greens could be faster, but in excellent shape.

12th visit since December.its the value.it wins every weekend

Greens were amazing in spring.but like all courses not looking good.but this place is beautiful.tough as can be but fair.im scared to even write a review.cause this is a hidden gem in green cove springs.but my packed parking lot vs 6 months ago.not so hidden anymore.best value in north florida.played this course 1st tee in morning to last tee afternoon.every time is nice.pace of play is best in n florida an they ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO 1ST TEE.who woulda thought that still exists in golf.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hello, Tim. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

What a Deal

The course was in good condition. the greens were slow but you just have to get use to them.

Greens need work

The fairways were in good shape after several days of rain. However most of the sand traps had a lot of standing water in them. The big problem came on the greens. They were universally slow. Most of them had a fungus or other problem on them causing the putting surface to be bumpy. Overall the greens were not in good shape. But that is really my only problem with the golf course. I love the layout. It’s very fair. And the practice facilities are more than adequate.

Good track needs a lot of T L C

Played here quite a few times always enjoyed it except today the fairways were burned no grass whatsoever in places. Greens were running very slow with manly weeds as a covering very disappointing

Commented On 06/10/2019

Hi, SUREAIM. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Still a great place to play...

I've played this course plenty of times when I lived in Eagle Harbor. It was good then...I think it is VERY good now.

Challenging, but very playable. Great layout and each hole gives you a unique look. Greens were in great shape and ran TRUE - although they were very slow. Let me change that EXTREMELY slow - but I loved it. It's a long haul from Ponte Vedra Beach, but I would definitely go back.

Good value for price

Course has a good layout that challenges a lot of shots. Greens need more attention slow with grass, but could be more.dense. Putting is somewhat bumpy since grass is not thick. Sand traps could use more loose sand.

Good But Could Be Better

Great layout.... greens currenltly in good shape, but slow.....bunkers hard pan and need sand......pace of play less than 4 hours.

Course was in excellent shape. Staff was very accommodating was able to play 36 holes before flying back to KC.

First complete round

I completed my first complete round and enjoyed myself. I also completed 6 golf lessons from an upcoming golf pro Will See, he was outstanding in his slow pace teaching for this 68 year old. I went from total hacker to an enjoyable golfer. Thanks again.

Bob

Course in good shape. First few 18 par holes parallel 9 hole course? Was not told that flag colors indicate which is which. Mower Operator nice to show me the second green and explain layout. Extremely hot! Only played 7 holes. Maybe try later when cooler. Older golf carts -weak batteries. Getting newer ones soon per- sign desk.

Much improved

Has been a year since I played this course. At that time in pretty bad shape. The tee boxes, fairways, roughs, sand traps, and greens all needed help. Seemed as though the budget was cut drastically. A year made a huge difference. I was surprised on the turn around of the condition of the course. Tee boxes still needed some grass as most of the bunkers needed to be topped off with fresh sand. The day I played they were pumping water out of the traps. The staff has always been extremely helpful and friendly. I would suggest that whoever is behind the counter attempt to sell some logo merchandise for advertisement. At least a sleeve of balls. The website and email updates are great. Fun course and unfortunately at this time under rated. I would highly recommend this course. Guarantee this course will be near the top again in the near future.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Wow, thanks for such positive and encouraging words. We have put in a lot of hard work recently and we are glad to hear you noticed the results. We are so happy you enjoyed your round with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Magnolia Point Golf & Country Club.

Jacksonville, Florida