Starr Pass Golf Club

Year Built 2004
Architect Bob Cupp (1986) Arnold Palmer (2003) Ed Seay (2003)

Caddies Yes

Disappointing

For a resort course I was very disappointed.There is no gps on carts half the time you are hitting blind shots.More then half the tee boxes you need to carry shrubbery.There is no information on course to tell you the yardage to carry.Lots of tee boxes have growth right in front that block your view of the fair way.Greens were good.Its over priced unless you get it on a hot deal from GolfNow .Whenever I return to Arizona want play this course again.

Roadrunner Rough

I'm used to a great course, but not this time!

Course was is good shape

Played Roadrunner/Coyote. Coyote was cart path only due to overseeing. Free balls at the driving range and a nice putting and sand practice area too. Very professional and well maintained. Greens were fairly flat and putting was reasonably predictable. Love the beautiful scenery and wildlife that abounds on the course. Not a difficult course since many of the fairways are wide and not excessively packed with fairway bunkers. I'd love to play it again next time we return to Tucson.

Great Course - Challenging and Fun!

This was my second time on this course and what can I say but "wow". I used a brand new set of clubs here and course conditions were fantastic. A few bare spots here and there and of course the usual folks who dont like to fix divots on the green but I could not complain a bit. Challenging course for those who are more advanced but for those weekend golfers such as myself, an absolute pleasure to play. Friendly staff, thank you Bar Cart for the help, and overall simplicity of everyone making sure the teams are on time and having fun.

Star Pass

Great course and in good condition...couple of fairways were not in good shape but otherwise good. Their suggestion of tees to play is wrong in my opinion. They suggest silver tees for 11-18 handicap...too short.

Not Worth $57

The greens were like sponges. Ball marks were craters. Definitely not worth $57. Various fairways were dead. I used to like this course but not sure why. Boring and odd length holes. There are much better courses in Tucson. Staff wasn't that great either.

Beautiful, Challenging course!

Very beautiful, lots of rolling hills. Very challenging with valleys of brush you must hit over to stay on course. My husband, son and I had lots of fun.

First Class

Played Rattler / Roadrunner from the Silver Tees. Did not play well on the front so it ate me up. Played better on the back because I kept my drives on the fairway. Very tough course if your spraying the ball. Fairways and greens for the most part are in great condition. Greens hold the ball well. I’m a gluten for punishment so I will be back. Bring lots of balls.

Not worth the time or $$$ right now

Course is in poor condition, prior to reseeding. Quit after 9 holes in close to 3 hrs , ridiculously slow . Saw the Marshall once, no affect on speeding things up. Though inexpensive round ? Not worth the time . Extremely difficult target golf layout not to have on cart GPS available . On a positive note the staff was very courteous and nice ! Restaurant had great food !

Starr Pass

Great course for the $$, course is in good condition and the greens are in great shape
The staff is exceptional.

Starr Pass

Beautiful location & scenery. Even though middle of summer - course conditions were below avg. Too many "rigged or tricked-up" holes - - especially when can't see fairway fr tee box or hit tee shots on par 3 over corner of private home (8 Rattler? black tee). When starter states "expect to lose 2 golfballs per side", it is not a positive beginning. Approach shots tore up greens as they were too soft. Need either GPS on carts so can tell where / how hole is designed w/yardage to & carry over ravines. OR, sign on tee boxes as to distance required to carry obstacles. Will not play again.

I play from blacks tees, and is very difficult course and great shape
Congratulations, for sure I come back again

Beautiful!

Course was in great shape. The greens held! Excellent service.

Starr Pass

Nice course. Greens very soft but hold putts well. Definitely a “target” course.

Patchy fairways and mud balls

Worse I’ve ever seen the course. Mud balls in the fairways. Bare lies in the fairway. Patchy fringes. Most greens are still good.

Don’t waste your time or money!

We played this course today. The course was in horrible shape!!! The fairways had more dirt patches than grass. Some of the tee boxes were lacking grass as well. Greens were in good shape albeit a little fuzzy. This was by far the worst course we have ever played. Additionally, we were shocked at the lack of customer service. At the end of our round, there was no one to greet us when we pulled up to the cart return area. After waiting for about 4 minutes, 3 employees who were the outside staff employees came out of the clubhouse. Not one of them offered to clean our clubs or carry our clubs to the bag drop area. They basically ignored us. We had to carry our clubs up to the bag drop.

After our round, we went into the clubhouse grill for a bite to eat and some liquid refreshments. Both the bar area and dining room were busy, but every unoccupied table was dirty. There was no hostess or servers around to clean them. So we left and took our business elsewhere. On a positive note, the starter, ranger and pro shop staff were helpful and friendly. The beverage cart girl was attentive on a hot summer day.

Don’t waste your money on a round on this course. It was in horrible shape and we will never play here again!

Nice Layout

The layout is great. However the fairways were terrible, and the greens were slow. I am sure during the winter months it is better. It is very mountainous with great views.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020