Type Public/Resort

Year Built 2003
Architect Gary Panks (2005)

1st Time

I would like to see the course in better condition such as the fairways and greens. If all the greens were in the condition of the 18th that would go a long way.

Here’s the cons:
1. Holes markings are really poor. In some instances I was able to find the next hole by chance. On I believe it’s number 12 I had to ask the snack shop gal for directions.

2. The mile drive in between the group of holes is a little much. I think they could help by having signs stating how much distance is remaining and then signage as to number 7.

3. The snack shop on the back was actually found by accident. Again the poor signage is costing them revenue.

4. There is a shortage of restrooms or if they are out there please mark.

Pros:

1. This course has the potential to be a fun course, one if is was in great shape may have me consider looking at place on the subdivision.

2. I thought the pro shop associate did a great job handling the group of cranky cheap old guys complaint about $3 difference in cost. Here’s my take, if $3 is going to create that much problem don’t play the course!

3. I think the layout overall was good. Not saying every hole was stellar but then again there are very few courses that have 18 killer holes.

Really disappointed

New to Yuma and want to play all the courses. Got a group of three together to play coyote wash. Showed up 30 minutes before 9:00 am tee time. No one in clubhouse, I had to go hunt a person down in the back room to check in. From the first hole I could see this was a waste of our time. Short review a little water and a mower could make this course respectable. Really sad to see a good layout get so sideways because it’s not maintained. My best advise is to go find a driving range and just hit balls. The most disappointing course I’ve ever played!

Decent condition, greens very tricky and fast , played it in 4-1/2 hours.

Poor Maintanence

Had booked on Golfnow. Arrived at course to find there was a tournament on.Allowed us to play because we had booked on GolfNow and could not reach us to cancel the time. Pace was slow. The sandtraps had not been rake for some time. Maintenance was lacking in several areas.

I WAS NOT IMPREESSED WITH COURSE MANAGEMENT

THE PRICE WAS EXCELLENT.
HAD TO TRY CALLING FOR TEE TIME MANY TIMES TO GET THOUGH (AS MANY AS 10-15 TIMES)
I BOOK TEE TIMES FOR MY SELF AND 11 OTHER GOLFERS. ON ARRIVAL WE FOUND THE PRO SHOP CLOSED A SIGN ON DOOR SAID PAY IN RESTAURANT. THE GRILS DID THEIR BEST. WE WERE TOLD AT FRIST THERE MAY BE 10- 15 MIN. WAIT FOR CARTS THEN WE WERE TOLD MAY BE 30-45 MIN DELAY. WHEN I COMPLAINED ABOUT 30-45 MIN DELAY AND ASK TO SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT THE GIRLS HAD CART GUY COME TALK TO ME HE WAS A BIT RUDE AND TOLD US THEY WERE A VERY BUSY COURSE AND IT WAS OUR CHOICE TO WAIT OR NOT. HE DID SAY THE WAIT WAS ONLY 5 MIN AT THIS TIME. WE TEE'D OFF MAYBE 10 MIN LATE NOT TO BAD.
SOME OF US WERE AROUND THE 12 HOLE AND OUR CARTS STARTED TO RUN OUT OF POWER. OUT OF THE 6 CARTS WE HAD ONLY 3 MADE IT BACK TO CLUB HOUSE.
I WAS GOING TO TALK TO CART GUY WHEN I GOT BACK BUT HE AND 2 OTHER EMPLOYEES WERE VERY BUSY PULLING CARTS OFF THE COURSE. I THINK 1/2 OF THE CARTS HAD TO BE PULL IN.
I CALLED THE COURSE (HAD TO TRY 10-15 TIMES TO GET THOUGH) I ASKED FOR THE MANAGER WAS TOLD HE WAS NOT THERE AND THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME HIS CELL NUMBER. SO I ASKED TO HAVE CALL ME BACK. HE NEVER DID.
VERY POOR MANAGEMENT

Could be better

The course was much better five years ago but has also improved from last year where I thought was very poorly maintained...Overall for the money a very good couse

Good course

Enjoyable course..Get on early and yoyu can play 18 in 3-3& a half hrs

Poor Signage

No hole markers on any Tee Boxes. No or poor direction arrows to show where next Tee box is. Course meanders through housing area and you can't see the next Tee box from your last green. One half mile gap between no. 6 green and no. 7 tee box with no direction signage. Very frustrating for first time golfers.

Terrific course !

We love this course. Everyone is very accommodating and friendly
The course is in great shape, pace of play can be a little slow at some holes but other than a few holes the pace is great!
The greens are a little slow and bumpy this year, but it’s early yet.
It’s a great course and very lady golfer
Friendly.

great course

course greens are perfect & whole golf course is great

Seen better days

We haven’t played this course in a few years and we’re very disappointed to see the lack of maintenance to what was once a nice course. When we arrived at the bag drop it was covered with towels. The person moving carts didn’t acknowledge us. We had to put our clubs on our cart. We went to the Pro Shop where we saw a sign telling us to check in at the grill. The tee sheet showed us penciled in at 0900 with a group of 16 around our tee time. We started a few minutes late and had to wait a short time at most holes. The greens were a bit shaggy but not terribly slow. A lot of excess water and big ruts on the cart path. Very little signage, had we not played here before we would have gotten lost.
We finished up about 1:00 and went in to get something to eat and drink and were told it was closing down but if we ordered something easy she’d stay and fix it. We will not return again and will pass the word how much this course has gone downhill. This a quite a drive from Yuma and don’t see how they would attract anything other than local people from Wellton.

Short good course

This course is short but fun it’s very spread out kinda confusing where the next holes are 1/2 mike from #6 to #7 then from 16 to 17 but nice over all

Nice course but need directional signs between many of the holes. We made several wrong turns between holes and were left to guess which path to follow. Had a fun day and thought the value was very good. Will return again if in the area
Al and Rose

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.