Deer Valley Golf Course in Hummelstown boasts one of the most affordable rounds you'll find in the Hershey/Harrisburg area. Since opening in 2005, more than 850 trees have been added and it has matured into a course favored by both visitors and locals. The layout features large, elevated greens and massive multi-tiered tees. From the golf course's peaks, the views stretch all the way to Hershey and the Blue Mountains. The winding layout twists and turns, doglegging left and right. It's a challenging layout round despite the absence of sand bunkers. There is however, thick rough and a number of grass bunkers to watch out for. Water only makes a brief appearance. Deer Valley Golf Course isn't overly challenging but for a fun and fair test, it's an affordable option that also offers some beautiful scenery.

Deer Valley Golf Course
Scorecard for Deer Valley Golf Course
White M: 69.4/114 348 483 287 135 481 178 411 447 141 2911 161 501 436 304 215 517 286 380 345 3145 6056
Gold M: 68.7/112 W: 71.2/121 343 437 271 123 429 161 395 431 125 2715 141 469 436 288 163 485 254 352 339 2927 5642
Red M: 67.2/111 W: 68.2/115 338 400 255 110 356 144 379 415 114 2511 136 333 400 272 146 453 238 331 323 2632 5143

Year Built 2005
Fairways Bluegrass
Greens Bluegrass

Single Allowed No

Great Value

Deer Valley is always in good shape and it's a challenge for most golfers. You can't beat the price even for weekend play.

Nice course to play on a holiday. Staff were very friendly. We will be back.

Fun course

Great course for beginners or if you’re just trying to get out and play. Nice conditions and very forgiving.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Good shape considering how much rain lately

The course drains better than most in the area for sure. We have had a lot of rain in the area lately so I feel for the grounds crew for sure. The grass traps have gotten ridiculously thick and snarly so avoid those. I do not get why almost no one that golfs there ever fixes their ball marks on the greens! Do you really want to putt with 2-3 pits in every line to the hole? I know I do not so I fix mine plus another 2-3 on each green to help improve it again. Land mines are everywhere when you putt and the staff is very conscientious about aeration timing and so forth though I wish they would core aerate those greens. They also need a Marshall out regulating those kinds of issues more.
It is a scoring friendly course with no sand and little water. It is not a very long course and the wind does not overly impact play on most days. The staff is friendly and they do a great job catering to value driven golfers. Love the par 5s there as they are very gettable. Watch out for the green on number 7 - it bites me most the time. Good place weekdays to work out some of the junk in your game as it is fairly wide open and not too penalizing. It is just a fun place to play.

Great time

The staff is awesome and the course is in excellent condition. Will go back for sure.

Great wildlife

First time for me and my wife! Loved it! Course isnt long but its perfect if your not a long hitter! The course maybe short but has some challenging holes! Will go back again!

Lazy staff

There was a line of thunder storms that only last 45 min. The storm warning were only for an hour. They shut the coarse down at 230 pm at the first sight of lightning. We drove an hour to get there... we waited until the sun was back and no rain. .... still said no golf. The way they were talking , I thought I was talking to a meteorologist. Mind you I can see the storm on the radar on my smart phone. ...... super lazy staff. !!!!!!!!

Very comfortable

This course is very comfortable to all young, middle age, old, men and women. The staff receive you with a welcoming attitude. You will have a good time golfing here.

Nice day

Beautiful day, Course a bit wet, otherwise in good condition! Inexpensive water on the course for fifty cents s bottle but no way to refill your own bottle, no refreshment cart. Would play here again!

Round lasted the whole day

I’ve never played a 3 hour front nine until today. I actually had to leave because I couldn’t do a 6 hour round. It was like I was on tour and televised. I hit my shots 10 minutes in between one another. Awful.

Great value, friendly staff, nice course!

If you're looking for a good value and a nice golf course, try Deer Valley GC!

Short, cheap course priced accordingly

After coming about once per year for a decade to stay with wife's family and golfing other courses, I finally decided to give this course a try this past weekend as I was by myself. I pretty much knew what I was getting myself into (cheap, easy course with a lot of weekend hacker types), but I was pleasantly surprised with a few things. For starters, and probably because of a lot of rain in June, the course was in pretty good shape, and even the rough in spots was actually real rough. It's not like the place was completely burned out. The greens were extremely slow (it was very hot the weekend I played, so I'm sure they did this to protect the greens), which was to be expected to some degree, and the par 5s were short and all reachable (two holes I bombed drives and had a wedge into one of them and 7 iron into another) but a couple things were salvageable here - 1) the par 3s were legit , and 2) i was floored by the relatively good pace of play. I was joined up with a twosome and we played in 4 hours. We could have played in about 3, but I was expecting a 5 hour slog with all the people in front of us. Pleasantly surprised.

All in all, this course is what it is. Not very challenging, but a fun little track to go out and go low on, for a cheap price and decent pace of play. I'd play it again in the right circumstances, and certainly I would on a day/evening if there wasn't a lot of people there and I could get through a quick 18

Gem of a course

As I live very close to the course it is convenient and can usually get on with out any trouble. Greens and fairways were in good shape. The pace of play was a little slower than normal ( can get around this course in about 3.5 hours or less) taking approximately 4.75-5 hours. All in all still one of my favorite courses. Not too long but challenging for all skill levels.

Hummelstown, Pennsylvania