Tribute Golf Course at Otsego Golf Club

Back 72 6596 yards 71.9 130
Middle 72 6147 yards 70.0 125
Front 72 4971 yards 69.0 115
Scorecard for Tribute
Championship M: 75.2/138 390 432 412 557 476 212 582 426 235 3722 389 518 411 201 399 425 545 152 393 3433 7155
Back M: 72.5/135 355 410 384 521 452 193 547 414 205 3481 358 446 366 185 375 369 526 143 347 3115 6596
Middle M: 70.7/132 324 388 351 493 434 183 515 396 149 3233 331 437 339 165 357 325 512 122 326 2914 6147
Forward M: 65.1/115 W: 70.2/127 281 300 302 452 301 156 439 298 135 2664 264 347 309 107 286 273 402 85 234 2307 4971

Year Built 2001
Architect Rick Robbins (2001) Gary Koch (2001) Brian Lussier (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Michigan Advisor

Play after 1 not the full rate at this time

First l was warned by contact a I have in the Golf industry in Gaylord the Tribute had issue in 2016 losing the ability to pump water for 5 days and considered not opening this year (this is not something I can say management truly considered,). The course was in rough spots in places, but considering last years problems I would say they did good job in bringing the course back from the edge (look at 2016 reviews). At this time i would play the twilight rate at $99 bit over priced for the current condition. The other issue and I was for warned the Otsego club had some issues with owner and the liquor license had not transferred as result we did not see refreshment cart the entire time. Fortunately purchased enough water and their were water coolers around the course. The one compliant I would have is the pro shop moved to the old pro shop closer to the Classic #1 tee and driving range which was better but way under whelming of a pro shop for course of this stature, I would have hoped they had made upgrades which they did not. In addition cart replacement or at least the replacing the seats, it seemed every cart seat had a tear. I would still go back in play because I love the layout.

Tribute

Played it Thursday August 3rd. Tee boxes, sand traps, and fairways all good. Greens were a little rough in spots. Views from elevated tees make this course worth the $$.

Roller-Coaster Layout, But needs work

The layout is spread out over 1100 acres, so its hard to be disappointed with the dramatic elevation changes from tee to green and the long secluded cart rides. For $49.00 it wasn't a bad deal, but I would never pay prime-time prices. The fairways were plush for Memorial Day weekend, but the greens had moldy, bare patches (although the pins were accomodating to green grass). The sand traps were weedy and very rough around the edges. I enjoyed the course alot, mainly because I shot 76 from the Blue Tees(6600 yds). Apparently, they lost their liquor license recently, so bring your own bevs because there was no bar-cart or even a halfway building to buy stuff (There is no turn to clubhouse after the 9th.) Have a great time, but if you want to pay 75+ dollars, go to Treetops, or Black Lake.

Greens a problem

Really nice course layout but the greens were terrible. Claimed the drought caused it but we didn't see that in any other area courses. Bunkers were not worked at all had were full of stones. Claimed there was a beverage cart but we never saw it and the few water jugs we found on the course we're out of water. Can't believe we paid almost $100 for this. What a shame for such a nice layout

This Course has Gone Downhill

I don't know what happened to the Tribute. I played it back in 2013, and since then have told all of my friends that it ranks among the best courses in Michigan. I was really looking forward to playing it on this latest golf trip we took. We had not been back to the Gaylord area for a while because our group had played there so often that we needed to spend some time in other areas of the state. Anyway, we thought we had a great golf trip planned-- Black Lake on Friday, Michawaye Pines and the Tribute on Saturday, the Tradition and the Fazio on Sunday, and Gaylord Country Club on Monday. I anticipated that the Tribute would be the highlight of the trip, and we were all pretty focused on it. What a disappointment. The course is a wreck, and you can tell that Otsego Club does not really care about golf or golfers anymore. I think they want to focus on skiing in the winter and being a venue for weddings and conventions in the Summer, and the Club only (and barely) tolerates golfers. They moved the pro shop from the beautiful facility they had a few years back to stinkhole. The guy in the pro-shop explained that it was closer to the cart barn so it saved them (i,e, the club) time and effort. He waited until we paid ($65 for twilight) and then gave us $20 coupons (for our next visit) because the course "has suffered from some dry spots." Good grief, when we played it, it was absolutely terrible. I would not have payed $20 to play it, let alone $65 (or $89 prior to twilight kicking in). There is no way we will ever use the $20 coupons. Everyone there was rude, and it was clear that they did not know what was going on.

By the way, the other courses we played were all in great shape, and each of them (except, maybe Black Lake) experienced the same weather as the Tribute. So, how could it be that only the Tribute could be in such rough shape? My guess is that Otsego Club has decided that maintaining golf courses is too expensive, so they just stopped doing it. They're glad to take your money, but I suspect that will soon dry up as more golfers experience their new business model. I feel like I need to seek out everyone I told that the Tribute was a great course and apologize to them

Lack of care

I have been playing golf in the Gaylord area for the past 7 years and finally had the opportunity to play the Tribute Golf Course at the Otsego Club. I have heard the outstanding reviews regarding the layout and conditions of the Tribute. Although the layout and scenery did not disappoint, the course conditions are almost beyond repair. The lack of maintenance is apparent on all holes, especially the tees and greens. Most greens are cracked and have minimal to no grass remaining. They feel and look as if your playing on cracked concrete. The fringes are yellow and burned out from lack of water. Most of the tees have no grass remaining. The course is an embarrassment to the Gaylord Golf Mecca. I understand this course is under new management for the past 3 years, and it is apparent this management does not care about it reputation as one of the areas finest. Unless something drastic changes quickly, the course will be unplayable in the nearby future. I cannot express my disappointment, especially compared to other course in the area. Once being the highlight of the Gaylord area, the Tribute has unfortunately become a wasteland nestled on the natural beauty which the course lays upon.

Lot of fun to play

Front nine is awesome. Greens rolled perfect. Weather was great on 10/1.

I was well satisfied with the condition of the course and the pace of play.

Playing the tribute course for the first time I was quite pleased with the condition of the course. The course is quite hilly which requires play uphill and downhill and consequently there are few fairway positions that are level. The tee boxes are level with adequate distance markers, the fairways have adequate distant markers at 200 150 and 100 yards. The greens are fair sized in good condition, I played late in the day and the greens were still very fast, hole place was very acceptable.

Very tough greens

1st time playing this course. Fairways are playable but once you get to the greens, good luck. Pin placements were on some slopes and if you got on the wrong side, 3 putt minimum. Greens held well and putted true but level spots are rarely found. Some of the views from the course are just beautiful. I consider this one of, if not the toughest courses in the Gaylord area because of the greens.

Beautiful course as far as views

We really love this course. The price was great through Golfnow.com.

Great Experience

We arrived early at the course and they got us right out. We enjoyed the course the views were great.... when the colors are changing it would be the best. Staff was great... Would highly recommend.

Loved the course layout and views

One of my favorite courses in Michigan. Will definitely come back to this one. AAA++++

Great course!!!

The views here are spectacular! The course itself is in beautiful condition too. I think the condition of the course was as good as any I have ever played and we played it at 1:10. A lot of the nicer courses start to get chewed up by that point in the day but this one was not. I will definitely play it again!!!!!

Breathtaking

This was the most breathtaking course I have ever played in the state of Michigan. It just has the best views of the course and surrounding areas. Even driving from hole to hole is awesome!

Beautiful

Great views,elavavation changes, tough and fast greens

Very scenic!

Very scenic course. Challenging and exciting! Look forward to golfing here again.

perfect northern Michigan golf

Great views and a perfect picture of what Northern Michigan golf is about

Nice course. Rough is really rough!

Great looking holes abound. Not a lot of water, but sand and rough make it tough enough.

Very scenic, but very difficult unless you are a low handicapper.

A very long drive to the first tee but after that a very picturesque course that covers a very large area. Both my wife and I are mid handicappers (10 & 12) and we found the course to play quite long even on holes that didn't have much length but had contours and hills that made second shots very challenging. Club selection was difficult in itself. The greens were quite large and fast with undulations that made them tough. One par 3 green was about 50 yards from front to back. We enjoyed the course for what it offered in terms of uniqueness and condition and would recommend it as a course to try once and develop your own opinions.

Course is always in great shape

I played the course on Sept 14th, 2012 w/my two adult sons. We found the course to be very fair, but @ the same time very challenging on some holes. The views & elevation changes were spectacular. We played just prior to the fall colors changing. It would be great to get back up to play maybe when the colors are in full bloom. I thought we received an excellent rate by booking through GolfNow.com.. Would advise this method for all golfers. My only regret is that Gaylord is a considerable drive from Fenton, Mi. The Tribute is one of my favorite courses to play while in the Gaylord area. Keep up the great work! Have a great winter!!

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019