Type Public/Resort
Otsego Resort - The Tribute

Year Built 2001
Architect Rick Robbins (2001) Gary Koch (2001) Brian Lussier (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Restaurant

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Wow!

The course is somewhat of a challenge just because of elevation changes. Club selection is guess work on some holes. Wind gust did not make it any easier. Greens were very receptive . Would play here again on a calm day. It's nice to hit 290 yard drives at 68.

MI Fall golf - almost perfect

The Tribute is one of Michigan's premier golf courses to begin with, then add the spectacular colors of fall and it's truly an amazing experience. The greens had not been aerated or top-dressed, so this was another added bonus! The only thing missing was the sun to help magnify the intensity of tree colors!

Rich

Awesome course it has to be a must play for northern Michigan

Great vacation golf

Beautiful course, set way back in the woods. Not for the beginner golfer, lot of holes that require good shot placement or you wind up lost in the woods. Elevation changes are extreme and you wind up golfing both up and downhill a lot

The Tribute is back

The course is in great shape. Good layout and all you would expect from an up north course
The club house and amenities are still being rebuilt.
Overall great value.

Great Challenge and Great Condition

Having played the Tribute in the past we didn’t know what to expect with new owners. We were pleasantly surprised! The course layout has always been solid, but, the maintenance and conditions have greatly improved. We play many courses in northern Michigan, and the Tribute is one on our must play list.

Constantly Getting Bettet

This is a golf experience that every true golfer should have. The course continues to improve every season. The owners are to be commended for their efforts and results. Not an easy play! But, when the layout is known, the course is challenging without being frustrating! Go play this course, then play it again! If the owners continue to realize their vision, this will be a premier course in this golf Mecca!

Poor condition.

Paid $85 each on fathers day weekend. Greens are in terrible condition. Go to Treetops instead.

Was looking forward playing The Tribute

Course layout is great, but putting greens are a mess. There was one hole on the back nine that had a section of the putting green roped off under repair, bald, no grass, disease maybe. There are several greens with black / dry spots that are unacceptable for end of the year golf. Would have been nice if the person I spoke with in the Pro-Shop would have given me an update on the greens when I booked tee time, especially when I asked about when they aerated this year. Not worth it, should have given me and my brother-in-law a rain check to come back when they fix the greens.

Bummed...

On our 9th annual boys trip from Southern California this place was first to kick off our excitement. Staff was lack lust at best, cart girl never attended the course...ever (we even called on hole 11 to no avail), and NO WATER AT ANY HOLE.

Greens were a JOKE. Seriously almost unplayable. Not sure why because this place is exciting and we had high hopes. We were bummed for sure as today we played Treetops and realized what #PureMichigan really means when it comes to golf. Unfortunately we will not be back.

Great Layout - Terrible Greens

We went to Gaylord for our annual golf trip and opened up our weekend with The Tribute. I played the tribute about 4 years ago and loved it, so I was pumped about coming back with our group. The layout of the course and the views are very impressive. We were the last groups of the day and the starter even let us go off as 2 5somes. So far so good.

It's unfortunate because the greens were AWFUL. I should have taken pictures, but imagine a calico cat with brown and orangish burn marks all over it. Almost every green had huge spots like this.

We played treetops the next few days and the greens were in great shape. So an excuse about the weather is just BS.

Not sure what the solution is, but man were those some terrible greens.

Former Five Star Recruit on the Comeback Trail

This used to be one of the don't miss courses in Gaylord for our group. Wonderful layout with some very good holes along the way. The course is on the comeback trail with some work still to do. Tee boxes and greens are still in average to good shape with some exceptions in spots. As they re-opened recently, this is very understandable.
Overall, it is worth a look again for those of you who have played it in the past.

We saw plenty of maintenance staff watering and working on various things. This was great to see for such a nice course.

Great Golf Course but that is about it

The golf course was amazing and fun to play. It will be challenging for the average golfer. The resort/course did not have the atmosphere of some of the other resorts in the area. The people were not very welcoming when we first arrived. We basically paid our money and were told to go golf. Drinks and food are very expensive for what we received. The beverage cart person who was covering both courses was on top of her game ,though. She found us multiple times through out the round and was very friendly. I would play this course again but there are others in the area that I will try first.

Michigan Advisor

Play after 1 not the full rate at this time

First l was warned by contact a I have in the Golf industry in Gaylord the Tribute had issue in 2016 losing the ability to pump water for 5 days and considered not opening this year (this is not something I can say management truly considered,). The course was in rough spots in places, but considering last years problems I would say they did good job in bringing the course back from the edge (look at 2016 reviews). At this time i would play the twilight rate at $99 bit over priced for the current condition. The other issue and I was for warned the Otsego club had some issues with owner and the liquor license had not transferred as result we did not see refreshment cart the entire time. Fortunately purchased enough water and their were water coolers around the course. The one compliant I would have is the pro shop moved to the old pro shop closer to the Classic #1 tee and driving range which was better but way under whelming of a pro shop for course of this stature, I would have hoped they had made upgrades which they did not. In addition cart replacement or at least the replacing the seats, it seemed every cart seat had a tear. I would still go back in play because I love the layout.

Valid dates: Dec 26, 2019 - Oct 18, 2020