Year Built 2001
Architect Rick Robbins (2001) Gary Koch (2001) Brian Lussier (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Bummed...

On our 9th annual boys trip from Southern California this place was first to kick off our excitement. Staff was lack lust at best, cart girl never attended the course...ever (we even called on hole 11 to no avail), and NO WATER AT ANY HOLE.

Greens were a JOKE. Seriously almost unplayable. Not sure why because this place is exciting and we had high hopes. We were bummed for sure as today we played Treetops and realized what #PureMichigan really means when it comes to golf. Unfortunately we will not be back.

Great Layout - Terrible Greens

We went to Gaylord for our annual golf trip and opened up our weekend with The Tribute. I played the tribute about 4 years ago and loved it, so I was pumped about coming back with our group. The layout of the course and the views are very impressive. We were the last groups of the day and the starter even let us go off as 2 5somes. So far so good.

It's unfortunate because the greens were AWFUL. I should have taken pictures, but imagine a calico cat with brown and orangish burn marks all over it. Almost every green had huge spots like this.

We played treetops the next few days and the greens were in great shape. So an excuse about the weather is just BS.

Not sure what the solution is, but man were those some terrible greens.

Former Five Star Recruit on the Comeback Trail

This used to be one of the don't miss courses in Gaylord for our group. Wonderful layout with some very good holes along the way. The course is on the comeback trail with some work still to do. Tee boxes and greens are still in average to good shape with some exceptions in spots. As they re-opened recently, this is very understandable.
Overall, it is worth a look again for those of you who have played it in the past.

We saw plenty of maintenance staff watering and working on various things. This was great to see for such a nice course.

Great Golf Course but that is about it

The golf course was amazing and fun to play. It will be challenging for the average golfer. The resort/course did not have the atmosphere of some of the other resorts in the area. The people were not very welcoming when we first arrived. We basically paid our money and were told to go golf. Drinks and food are very expensive for what we received. The beverage cart person who was covering both courses was on top of her game ,though. She found us multiple times through out the round and was very friendly. I would play this course again but there are others in the area that I will try first.

Michigan Advisor

Play after 1 not the full rate at this time

First l was warned by contact a I have in the Golf industry in Gaylord the Tribute had issue in 2016 losing the ability to pump water for 5 days and considered not opening this year (this is not something I can say management truly considered,). The course was in rough spots in places, but considering last years problems I would say they did good job in bringing the course back from the edge (look at 2016 reviews). At this time i would play the twilight rate at $99 bit over priced for the current condition. The other issue and I was for warned the Otsego club had some issues with owner and the liquor license had not transferred as result we did not see refreshment cart the entire time. Fortunately purchased enough water and their were water coolers around the course. The one compliant I would have is the pro shop moved to the old pro shop closer to the Classic #1 tee and driving range which was better but way under whelming of a pro shop for course of this stature, I would have hoped they had made upgrades which they did not. In addition cart replacement or at least the replacing the seats, it seemed every cart seat had a tear. I would still go back in play because I love the layout.

Tribute

Played it Thursday August 3rd. Tee boxes, sand traps, and fairways all good. Greens were a little rough in spots. Views from elevated tees make this course worth the $$.

Roller-Coaster Layout, But needs work

The layout is spread out over 1100 acres, so its hard to be disappointed with the dramatic elevation changes from tee to green and the long secluded cart rides. For $49.00 it wasn't a bad deal, but I would never pay prime-time prices. The fairways were plush for Memorial Day weekend, but the greens had moldy, bare patches (although the pins were accomodating to green grass). The sand traps were weedy and very rough around the edges. I enjoyed the course alot, mainly because I shot 76 from the Blue Tees(6600 yds). Apparently, they lost their liquor license recently, so bring your own bevs because there was no bar-cart or even a halfway building to buy stuff (There is no turn to clubhouse after the 9th.) Have a great time, but if you want to pay 75+ dollars, go to Treetops, or Black Lake.

Greens a problem

Really nice course layout but the greens were terrible. Claimed the drought caused it but we didn't see that in any other area courses. Bunkers were not worked at all had were full of stones. Claimed there was a beverage cart but we never saw it and the few water jugs we found on the course we're out of water. Can't believe we paid almost $100 for this. What a shame for such a nice layout

This Course has Gone Downhill

I don't know what happened to the Tribute. I played it back in 2013, and since then have told all of my friends that it ranks among the best courses in Michigan. I was really looking forward to playing it on this latest golf trip we took. We had not been back to the Gaylord area for a while because our group had played there so often that we needed to spend some time in other areas of the state. Anyway, we thought we had a great golf trip planned-- Black Lake on Friday, Michawaye Pines and the Tribute on Saturday, the Tradition and the Fazio on Sunday, and Gaylord Country Club on Monday. I anticipated that the Tribute would be the highlight of the trip, and we were all pretty focused on it. What a disappointment. The course is a wreck, and you can tell that Otsego Club does not really care about golf or golfers anymore. I think they want to focus on skiing in the winter and being a venue for weddings and conventions in the Summer, and the Club only (and barely) tolerates golfers. They moved the pro shop from the beautiful facility they had a few years back to stinkhole. The guy in the pro-shop explained that it was closer to the cart barn so it saved them (i,e, the club) time and effort. He waited until we paid ($65 for twilight) and then gave us $20 coupons (for our next visit) because the course "has suffered from some dry spots." Good grief, when we played it, it was absolutely terrible. I would not have payed $20 to play it, let alone $65 (or $89 prior to twilight kicking in). There is no way we will ever use the $20 coupons. Everyone there was rude, and it was clear that they did not know what was going on.

By the way, the other courses we played were all in great shape, and each of them (except, maybe Black Lake) experienced the same weather as the Tribute. So, how could it be that only the Tribute could be in such rough shape? My guess is that Otsego Club has decided that maintaining golf courses is too expensive, so they just stopped doing it. They're glad to take your money, but I suspect that will soon dry up as more golfers experience their new business model. I feel like I need to seek out everyone I told that the Tribute was a great course and apologize to them

Lack of care

I have been playing golf in the Gaylord area for the past 7 years and finally had the opportunity to play the Tribute Golf Course at the Otsego Club. I have heard the outstanding reviews regarding the layout and conditions of the Tribute. Although the layout and scenery did not disappoint, the course conditions are almost beyond repair. The lack of maintenance is apparent on all holes, especially the tees and greens. Most greens are cracked and have minimal to no grass remaining. They feel and look as if your playing on cracked concrete. The fringes are yellow and burned out from lack of water. Most of the tees have no grass remaining. The course is an embarrassment to the Gaylord Golf Mecca. I understand this course is under new management for the past 3 years, and it is apparent this management does not care about it reputation as one of the areas finest. Unless something drastic changes quickly, the course will be unplayable in the nearby future. I cannot express my disappointment, especially compared to other course in the area. Once being the highlight of the Gaylord area, the Tribute has unfortunately become a wasteland nestled on the natural beauty which the course lays upon.

Lot of fun to play

Front nine is awesome. Greens rolled perfect. Weather was great on 10/1.

I was well satisfied with the condition of the course and the pace of play.

Playing the tribute course for the first time I was quite pleased with the condition of the course. The course is quite hilly which requires play uphill and downhill and consequently there are few fairway positions that are level. The tee boxes are level with adequate distance markers, the fairways have adequate distant markers at 200 150 and 100 yards. The greens are fair sized in good condition, I played late in the day and the greens were still very fast, hole place was very acceptable.

Very tough greens

1st time playing this course. Fairways are playable but once you get to the greens, good luck. Pin placements were on some slopes and if you got on the wrong side, 3 putt minimum. Greens held well and putted true but level spots are rarely found. Some of the views from the course are just beautiful. I consider this one of, if not the toughest courses in the Gaylord area because of the greens.

Beautiful course as far as views

We really love this course. The price was great through Golfnow.com.

Great Experience

We arrived early at the course and they got us right out. We enjoyed the course the views were great.... when the colors are changing it would be the best. Staff was great... Would highly recommend.

Loved the course layout and views

One of my favorite courses in Michigan. Will definitely come back to this one. AAA++++

Great course!!!

The views here are spectacular! The course itself is in beautiful condition too. I think the condition of the course was as good as any I have ever played and we played it at 1:10. A lot of the nicer courses start to get chewed up by that point in the day but this one was not. I will definitely play it again!!!!!

Breathtaking

This was the most breathtaking course I have ever played in the state of Michigan. It just has the best views of the course and surrounding areas. Even driving from hole to hole is awesome!

Beautiful

Great views,elavavation changes, tough and fast greens

Very scenic!

Very scenic course. Challenging and exciting! Look forward to golfing here again.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.