The Golf Club at Gray’s Crossing is tucked away in a secluded area of the Sierra Nevada, offering plenty of tall Jeffrey pines and native wetlands for a scenic and challenging round. The mountainous terrain is covered in wildflowers and abundant with wildlife, earning its certification as an Audubon International Gold Signature Sanctuary. Golfers are also treated to panoramic views of Mt. Rose and the High Sierras. It’s not just beautiful though, this golf course is also a formidable test. There are elevation changes throughout, water hazards on three holes, and strategically placed bunkers. Although The Golf Club at Gray’s Crossing's fairways are generous, they are bordered by thick native vegetation.

Gray's Crossing

Year Built 2007
Golf Season May - October
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2007) Jim Hardy (2007)

Caddies Yes

Need a ranger

We played the first nine in an hour and a half and the back nine in 3 hours and 10 minutes. Had a threesome that was not good that would not let us thru as a twosome. Really ruined the experience.

Perfect day, nice golf course

This was one of the five courses that we played on our Lake Tahoe vacation, and it was a great choice.

Being one of a few courses in Truckee, CA just north of the lake, it didn't disappoint. Each hole weaved up and down and through the tall pines creating some picturesque and challenging tests.

I play from the back tees and with the bit of wind that day, it made some holes quite long. But the course conditions were perfect and the weather was around 82 degrees which was also perfect, so I didn't stress about it.

Coming from the Palm Springs area where the elevation in some cities is actually BELOW sea level, it was nice to get that little extra yardage from the higher elevation, a little over 7000 feet.

So overall, I would definitely play this course again.

Great course!

The course is my favorite in the Truckee/Tahoe region. From tee to green Gray’s is impeccable ! However, we made the mistake of ordering 4 hotdogs at the turn for $56. Highway robery in my opinion! The employee in the restaurant acted like he was doing us a favor and was annoyed when we asked for onions. With the cost of green fees, you shouldn’t feel taken advantage of in the restaurant! Just because they can!
FYI, we played another course in the area the next day. Same hotdog 4 for $25!!

Golf experience

Great golf day , challenging course , great lay out
Highly recommend for low to mid handicap player

A Truckee/Tahoe favorite

I favor Grays' Crossing by a hair over its sister course across the street, Old Greenwood. It's a tad more playable, more interesting, almost as scenic and I love its clubhouse setup. The small pro shop is separated from a restaurant, home to a patio overlooking the 18th green. It's a great spot to hang.
The most memorable holes on the course are the short par-4 6th that's downhill and drivable with the proper line off the tee and the menacing par-5 18th. It's a gnarly approach over a cross hazard to end the day. I was up for the challenge, then three-putted a wicked green.

Beautiful Mountain Course

The golf club is a beautiful mountain course. If you're in Truckee I would highly recommend this course. Fun, challenging, and picturesque. Plenty of creative holes and views of the surrounding Truckee valley. Nice driving range comes with your round. After the round our lunch was top notch. Would highly recommend.

Amazing course! The better of the two

Hats off to Mr. Jacobsen for this gem of a golf course! He out played Jack at Old Greenwood across the street! Grays Crossing is probably the most fair of all the difficult courses you will play. Don't get me wrong, it ain't easy! You have got to have all the shots and your driver needs to have a good day! But, you can pull driver on most holes and give it a rip - something we all like!! More importantly though, you better be able to putt fast greens and have a solid short game for when you miss!! It is just a flat out fun course to play! It begs to be played boldly! It arouses all the fire inside to hit the big shots you play in your mind when you win the Masters. This course is the canvas to play them out! The only question is, can you last 18 holes! By the end of the round, you will have swung all your swings. There will be nothing left in the tank. I feel it is one of the best designs I have ever played and in AMAZING shape! It is naturally challenging without all the trickery you find at the sister course. That said, Old Greenwood is beautiful - perhaps the more picturesque of the two - in perfect shape as well. I just found it relied more on too many purpose built things to make it challenging, especially if you are a decently long driver of the ball (290+). If this is the case, you'll want to pull fairway wood or hybrid out on most holes if you want a good score.
You will not be disappointed playing Grays Crossing! I cannot wait to play it again!

A + Golf Course

Loved the layout. The course is very well maintained and in great condition..greens are really fast. Highly recomend

Nice Slice of Tahoe

Overall, we had a great round. Course was in fantastic condition, the weather was perfect, and the facilities were very nice.

My only two complaints were that some of the staff weren't pretty cold (maybe because we aren't members?) and the mix of fast walkers + carts + slow walkers caused some pace-of-play issues.

Even though we still had a great time, we had a better overall experience at neighboring Old Greenwood for the same price. If we are back in the area, it won't be a hard choice which course we'll be heading to first.

One of the Best

I've played a lot of famous courses throughout the U.S. Gray's Crossing is definitely in my top 10. Condition of the course was immaculate. Fast, true greens. Great layout. Fun, risk, reward holes. Incredibly scenic. Great finishing hole. Nice practice areas. Food is also the best in the area.

Spectacular!

The course was in terrific shape. From tee to green, there was hardly a blade of grass out of place. They have an excellent practice facility with balls on the range, short game area, and multiple putting greens.

I'll be back.

Best public coarse at Tahoe

This coarse is always in great shape. I have played at this coarse for years now. Five tee boxes, so pick your difficulty.

Kings Beach, California
Olympic Valley, California
Tahoe City, California

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).