Pigeon Creek Golf Course

Pigeon Creek Golf Course
Scorecard for Pigeon Creek
Blue M: 71.0/116 396 192 558 443 434 382 137 313 432 3287 373 184 499 384 368 365 524 206 342 3245 6532
White M: 69.1/114 369 154 545 420 404 361 122 291 419 3085 355 163 474 352 356 347 506 165 323 3041 6126
Gold M: 64.3/100 334 107 484 379 339 304 110 251 402 2710 315 109 402 307 305 271 439 132 264 2544 5254
Red W: 68.7/109 323 98 478 366 328 296 103 238 387 2617 306 100 395 300 298 265 434 126 259 2483 5100

Year Built 2000
Fairways Kentucky Blue Grass
Greens Bent
Architect Mark DeVries (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards welcomed

Quite surprised!

We expected a decent course out in the boondocks and we were very surprised at how nice the course was. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The greens were much faster than we anticipated and the conditions of the course were great. We will be back and I would highly recommend this course as it’s a great deal.

A diamond amongst the corn

I have lived in the area for quite some time and this was my first experience at the course. I would highly recommend this course to all golfers. It was a real treat. Everything from the staff, to course conditions, to pace of play. It was a homerun. The course is fairly open, but does have some perfectly placed hazards to avoid. The greens are HUGE and fast so get ready to challenge your putter. I want to play Pigeon Creek even more now that I got one round under my belt. It's a must play along the lake shore of West Michigan.

Pigeon Creek is in GREAT shape!

This was my first time playing at Pigeon Creek and I was very impressed! The staff was super accommodating, tee times ran right on time, and despite the fact that we played on a fairly busy day, the pace of place was excellent.

The course is in perfect shape right now. The fairways are bright green and mowed nice and tight. The greens are large and very well maintained. They roll smooth and with good speed.

We really enjoyed our day at Pigeon Creek and will definitely be coming back very soon.

Great Experience, greens in fantastic shape.

I was visiting the area from out of town and had some time to kill. My tee time was for 10:30 but showed up an hour early expecting to have to putt/chip and wait around. Chase in the pro shop was super accommodating and snuck me off the back 9 right away. Because of this I actually got to play 27 in 4.5 hours. The course was in very good shape, the greens especially. I play a lot of highly rated courses and these were the best greens for the price. Layout wasn’t difficult but very fun to play. Super happy I found and played this course, I wasn’t expecting much but it turned into a fantastic experience.

Course Review

The course was in good shape. It was a challenging despite being pretty open. The BYOB policy is always a plus in my book.

They do who they are nearly perfectly.

I almost give this course a 5 star rating not because it compares to courses like Pilgrims Run or Thousand Oaks but because it is so much better than what you expect. From their logo to price to location to the drive in; you're expectation is not going to be very high. It's not until you putt on the first green and can't believe your putt rolled out 5 feet that you realize this place is way better than you expected. They know who they are. They know what to do well. They know who their customers are. Their greens are fast and smooth. And it seems they really just want to provide a nice golf course to play on. There's nothing spectacular about the property or design. The bunkers are extremely lackluster. But again, they seem to know that all that really matters is the quality of the sand in the bunker. Because it's fine. I will be playing here more in the future. I only wish they would have planted more maples 20 years ago instead of these spruces scattered throughout what used to be a corn field. I think the course would now look considerably different. If you're within 25 minutes, make it a point to play here.

Pigeon Creek

Pigeon Creek has a great layout to challenge good players but also allow begeinners to still enjoy themselves. The carts were very comfy and Chase was awesome and helpful! I wish they could improve their range offerings though they only had one size of range basket and it was small.

Best Golf Value in Michigan buy BYOB they allow it

The greens, tees, fairways were accumulate. Played a 4 hour round, on Satuday AM. Great Course to play in the Grand Rapids, Holland Area

Great Shape!

Took a Friday off of work before the holiday weekend. Walked 18 by myself in 3 hrs. The course is surprisingly tight in some areas with water coming into play. I live about 15 minutes east of the course and can tell you wind will always be a factor. Tee boxes are flush, fairways were trim, and greens were hard and fast!

They spend the money on what counts! Pro Shop looks to be a converted house, parking lot is gravel, and no food or beverage offerings. But all could/should be overlooked for what it is: A great course for a great price.

What a great round!!

We golf weekly and travel to a lot of courses. We were very pleasantly surprised with the great shape of the course. Greens were so great, fairways were challenging and the rough was rough. Just like you want in a great round! Would definitely recommend and play again!

Excellent conditions

The course is very well maintained. Beautiful fairways and smooth greens. Some long par fours. Owners and staff are obviously working very hard to improve playing conditions to make the experience a good one.

This is the best kept secret in all of West Michigan. They have the best plush fairways and fast greens. Private clubs should take a lesson from the green's keeper here. Very friendly pro (Chase) and we will play here every chance we have. Keep up your great work and thanks for your attention to details.

Private clubs

Siow play

Normally great course, however they had outing that was only 3 hole shotgun start. This really slowed play to a crawl. If you book through golf now they are polite, but not very accommodating.

Great course, no amenities

This is a great little course I found while working in the area. Not being from the area I did not even think that they would not have a snack shop or beer cart. Found out when I got there that it is BYO food and drink. Problem was that the nearest store is 10mi away. Staff was friendly and we used there rented clubs. Links style was fun big fairway great green. They rolled beautifully and held good shots. Would play again. For sure

dougcbus
Commented On 2018-06-21T17:59:12.000+00:00

there are service stations CARRYOUTS within 2 miles of the course. But it is surprising they don't serve liquid bread. No food like reviewer said. It is probably 8 miles to Mc Donalds a restaurant

Great conditions & fast pace of play

The conditions were outstanding, greens rolled quick and the pace of play was outstanding for a Friday afternoon (3 1/2 hour round for a foursome). I think the mowing of the fescue certainly has helped the playability of the course.

Nice but...

Course in very good condition but pace of play poor. They allowed a 5 some to play and it held everyone else up. Not the first time we've had issues with pace of play. Probably won't be back.

Grand Haven, Michigan