A view of areen with water coming into play at Quail Ridge Golf Club.

Quail Ridge Golf Club - MI

Year Built 1999
Golf Season Year round. High Season: 5/24 - 9/2
Architect Ray Hearn (1998)

Dress code No tank tops, gym shorts or cutoffs

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Sloooooooow play

Played this course on a Wednesday morning at 0900. Pace of play was painfully slow. Course was full of people that are not good at golf and this course is way to challenging for them. Probably wont’t go back. Price is way too high to play 9 holes in 2:30.

Michigan Advisor

Looking Good Quail Ridge

Love this place to beef up your fairways hit and greens in reg stats as the fairways and greens are pretty large. The 1st fairway is as big as the parking lot in the landing zone. Monster fairway. I like the amount of target golf holes vs. hit drive and go find it holes here on the front nine. I can't remember playing the back and what those are like but a good mix on the front for sure.
Tall grass is growing like crazy in this area and no exception here so some wayward tee sheets will be tough to find but I noticed they cut it down in 2 areas where it was going thru a split fairway or too close to rough to make things more playable. I commend the staff for that. I think par 5 3rd was one good example where if it wasn't cut it'd be a blind shot into the green.
I know the course is getting 250-300 plus players each day due to covid surge in rounds and it doesn't look like it condition wise. They have the divot bottles on the carts and on the par 3 tee boxes so while we waited for our gaggle of twosomes and singles to play the hole we'd empty those bottles. I didn't see too many divots in the rough/fairways from previous days so they are taking care of things in the heavy traffic for sure.

A Great Course

Quail Ridge is challenging, fun, interesting, beautiful and in great condition. There was some mixup about tee times, but I got to tee off early and joined up with another single ahead of me for a twosome. We played through two groups in front of us who were very courteous and had smooth sailing around this great course on a beautiful Michigan summer day. I will be back for sure!!

Great shape

Pros: Course was in great shape. New table at check in allows social distancing. Everything very clean and sanitized.
Cons:: Very expensive, no masks worn by any staff members, no restrooms on course (even porta Johns have been removed, golf and beer prices are outrageous. Only 1 person working checkin and bar, long wait.

Awesome

Very friendly staff. Huge fairways and massive greens! Kept in great condition! Nothing bad to say! Also the new carts with GPS and Bluetooth speakers is a GREAT feature, first time I’ve seen it!

First Tine

Enjoyed the lay/out of Quail Ridge except for a par 5 requiring a lay-up off the tee. Just never like short driving areas for par 5’s.
Greens were large and very quick. Enjoyed the challenge.

Great layout, recent aeration of greens

Pace of play was slow for a Sunday afternoon, all greens except the combined 9/18 were recently drilled and sanded. A bit bumpy, but the rest of the course is in great shape.

Not great conditions

Course conditions were average at best. Greens were very tough and did not roll true

The #GolfingTrucker

Course is definitely a 5 Star, Must play again, Challenging and Well designed course!!!
From the 1st hole the course layout made me stop and think before "gripping and ripping". Even the par 3s especially the 9th was a challenge just to cut a shot on the greens.
As the title indicated I'm a Truck Driver and when I'm able I research for the best and the reviews were 100% accurate!!!
And I'm the strong/speedy swinger that broke the M4

Nice layout, needs some TLC

Our pace if play was 3 hours on a Sunday for a twosome. Had a 4some on our heels most of the way. So even as a 4 some speed was good.
Hoped to have breakfast. But the grill wasnt staffed at 8am, nor was a cook a available at 1030 on the turn. Minor issue.
Ballmarks on greens were more of an issue. Beautiful greens with so many ball Mark's that werent repaired it was sad. Cannot blame the course for that. Practice area was sorely lacking of grass to hit from as it was full of divots. Overall this should be a 5 not a 4 course.

Michigan Advisor

Its been while since last played, Glad I came back

As my title say last time I played this course was before GPS in your cars had to use on line maps.
I had wanted to come back to play this course for last couple of years. I wasn't disappointed. From the whites not really long. But those greens will test yours skills. The better shot maker who can place ball below the hole will have a great advantage. The course is challenges your belief in yardages. 1st hole from the tee box looks like Par 4. 360 yards par 4 instead.
For the most part we played good paced front 9. Started to slow on the back. Not sure why since the next group in front of us teed off easily 20 minutes earlier. In the end we played a little over 4 hours for group, that one of us seen once and the others have never played.

Just one thing the staff was outstanding and friendly. From the person at the counter to the rangers on the course.

I went out at twilight for a quick 9 by myself. Most courses I play at the play is very cramped this time of year. Playing as a single I barely saw any other golfers. Rate of play was perfect. Only complaint is there were too many faults on the greens from people not fixing as they play. Other than that, everything was perfect.

Good track but a bit overpriced

The course was in good shape. Greens were in excellent shape. The entire experience was quite good and my whole group felt that it was a good course and that we’d play again. However, the $55-60 we paid for our 18 hole round plus the $6 for a small bucket of range balls felt a touch on the high side for the area. I’d place the course in more of the $40-45 range as a fair price. With that said, it was not a bad experience just pushing the limits of what we were comfortable paying for a no-frills course. Other things worth noting: Beverage cart was very available and made frequent passes and the Hot dogs were absolutely delicious and fairly priced.

I love this course

Big greens(very fast).... wide open fairways... beautiful scenery.....great golf course

Caledonia, Michigan