Macatawa Legends Golf and Country Club

Forward 72 6067 yards 70.2 131
Forward (W) 72 6067 yards 75.4 137
Front 72 5025 yards 69.3 118
Scorecard for Macatawa Legends Golf & Country Club
Black M: 75.2/136 434 588 183 507 398 348 239 424 462 3583 448 619 413 214 425 440 400 150 554 3663 7246
Blue M: 73.1/134 414 552 167 479 378 310 204 410 432 3346 418 561 402 198 396 431 380 143 517 3446 6792
White M: 71.6/133 390 528 140 442 356 294 182 377 412 3121 403 541 375 188 385 397 355 136 489 3269 6390
Gold M: 70.2/131 W: 75.4/137 369 499 129 430 338 281 168 359 389 2962 393 511 351 175 368 377 328 122 464 3089 6051
Red M: 64.1/116 W: 69.1/123 308 425 112 354 279 239 137 307 321 2482 317 398 278 139 302 296 262 109 379 2480 4962

Year Built 2005
Architect Ray Hearn (2005)

Dress code All players are required to wear a collared shirt. Denim is not permitted.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2015 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2015 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2015 #18)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2015 #18) (2014 #20)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2015 #23)

Entertaining Clients 14

Awesome Course!!

I was visiting from the SF Bay Area and this was my second visit to MacLegends. Thoroughly enjoyed the course again and look forward to getting some revenge on the mild wind that I blamed for all my poor shots!

love this place

Play this course a few times every year, front nine tough, but then it eases up a little on the back. Greens always roll true and fast. Bring your knockdown shot as it is usually windy here.

Mickey Mouse greens and inconsistent GPS but would golf again

Some greens will have 2-3 breaks in them, even within 15-20 feet of pin, this it can feel like mini golf sometimes. Yardage markers and GPS were off by as much as 10 yards. My phone GPS was more consistent than cart. Still would play again. I enjoy the layout and with Hot Deal very much worth it.

Lots of water, seams long even from gold tees. Were sanding greens but roll was pretty good.

Fun layout. Back nine easier to score. Green roll true. Try to avoid downhill putts. Golfers were friendly and let our twosome play through. Definitely recommend.

Great Course, Highly Recommend!

First time playing this course, we were in the area for business. It was a great course in awesome shape. It is set up to potential be very challenging but yet accommodating to less experienced golfers via the tee placements. We loved the GPS screen in our cart. I'm glad we had it because there were a lack of directional signs on the course as to where the next hole was. It would have been nice if range balls were included with green fees. We played on a day of a big local tournament, so the staff was rushed trying to accommodate everyone and did a pretty good job, despite some bickering from a couple of the cart boys in front of us who didn't think we were paying attention to their conversation. Would play here again if in the area again.

This is a very playable course for anyone. Several tees too choose. I played about 6500yds. Terrain resembles Scotish look. Flat, no trees, mounding and tall grasses define fairways. Water along several holes. Few sand traps. Wide fairways with tight grass. No bad lies. Actually putted from several yards off the green on a couple holes because the fairways were that good. You do have to look at the hole and plan how you want to play it. 150 markers are generally a good aiming point off the tee. Intermediate rough is not wide but is made up for by the wide fairways. Secondary rough is 3-4" deep, not wide, but fair. After secondary rough is tall grasses. Greens were in excellent condition, speedy but fair. Nothing severe as far as mounds and ridges in the greens. Held line well. Staff was friendly. A real enjoyable course to play. Play it if you can.

Great Condition, plays very long, and the layout isn't all it's hyped up to be

Playing the tips made the course extremely challenging. Didn't find the layout to be anything memorable, but I will say the course was in great condition. greens are true, fairways are plush. no complaints there.

Response from Macatawa Legends Golf and Country Club on 07/31/2017:
Hello Nolan, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Macatawa Legends Golf and Country Club in the Grand Rapids area. We are happy to hear that the course was in great shape when you played. We hope that it was fun challenge for you and that it will keep you coming back. Thank you for the 3 star review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

golf is great course is all you can ask for :howevver

bein g a super senior (80+) a set of tees between the gold and red are needed are to truly enjoy .

since it was senior day we were provided with a free but limited menu .which was adequate.

however the servuce was subpar all in all a great day of golf and of great value

Mac Legends

Good test of golf. Good design with land available. ''Tis flat, but can be challenging.

Great place to golf!

Booked the course on a hot deal from golf now. The course was as I remembered, challenging and in great condition. The only criticism I have is that the entire course was aerated. They had removed all the plugs though so I really shouldn't complain.

Commented On 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review thesegamesrule1! Aeration is part of the way we can keep things in the great condition you remembered. Very happy you still had a 5-star experience. See you again soon when you are back in the area.

Legends first timer

The course was everything I wanted. The course was beautiful and in awesome condition. It was challenging but fair. I will play this course again in a heartbeat.

Commented On 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review Radcountry! Great to hear the course delivered on your expectation. Your review is very helpful to keep us motivated on providing the best conditions. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Excellent course

Alrhough the weather wasn't the best, the course was in great condition. I would like to play again.

Commented On 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review Ronald4180415! While we'd love to be able to control the weather we are happy you still had an excellent time at the club. We'd love to have you back again soon.

A Challenging course. Fun layout. Makes you play "course Management".

Commented On 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review jycbc! Great to hear you had fun while getting challenged out on the course. See you again sometime soon.

Commented On 05/16/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review jeffro150381! We are always trying to encourage our team to keep up the good work so please let us know if there was anything that stuck out while you were here. See you again sometime soon.

Windy and ling

This course is extremely windy which makes play unpleasant in my book. Not a very scenic course or layout in my opinion, but it was very early in the season.

Response from Macatawa Legends Golf and Country Club on 04/04/2017:
Hello Lance, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry about the playing conditions but we are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful but VERY windy

Course conditions were excellent...greens and fairways were pristine (even after greens were plugged a couple weeks ago).

I have played this course many times and it is always very windy in the afternoon...but worth playing

Outstanding Condition

The course was in great shape considering how late in the season it is. It's an outstanding setting with a number of sweeping views. The course was very difficult for me. It definitely rewards accuracy. The rough is deep but the fairways roll nicely. Even after aeration the greens play very true. A little on the pricey side. Probably a once a year treat for me.

Hudsonville, Michigan