Iron Valley Golf Club

Iron Valley Golf Club
Scorecard for Iron Valley
Black M: 73.6/136 435 373 511 448 124 473 535 201 395 3495 469 356 177 588 383 456 494 181 427 3531 7026
Blue M: 71.9/135 401 325 475 419 116 401 512 172 383 3204 379 329 133 554 357 416 463 161 378 3170 6374
White M: 70.1/131 368 308 461 408 110 369 488 160 365 3037 328 317 124 510 341 407 419 149 365 2960 5997
Gold M: 66.2/119 343 221 419 287 87 276 455 149 309 2546 318 247 119 492 314 376 397 115 315 2693 5239
Red W: 68.2/118 289 218 387 282 81 272 371 100 266 2266 288 241 114 425 291 323 393 110 276 2461 4727

Year Built 2000
Architect P. B. Dye (2000)

Iron Valley

Beautiful & challenging layout that is very well manicured. Would definitely play again.

John

They booked way to many people for 2pm tee time. The front counter at first wanted to delay start time. Thankfully they changed their mind and let early arrivals start asap. The Marshall was extremely good at his job and kept the flow moving. The pace can make or break someone's complete experience good or bad. It turned out well but it was a little hectic at first.

Great overall condition

Despite the challenges that many mid-state courses have had this year with the rain, IVG was in excellent conditions through the green. Greens putted well, fairways were in great condition, and tee boxes were perfect. Kudos to the staff at Iron Valley!

Not Customer Friendly

I had confirmed foursome reservation which wasn’t honored due to course having a scramble. Clubhouse manager was unapologetic and smug. Due to my guests having driven 1.5 hrs to get there- I asked about courtesy comp. Manager replied “Dude, I’m not giving free rounds to people just cause they walk in here and ask for one”

Golf God’s we’re with me

I’ll start with the basic. Clubhouse is great. The welcome was warm. Quiet weekend morning following a massive storm (and its Labor Day Weekend) so I was allowed to start as a single.

Pace of play: AMAZING, but you can’t expect this on any course. Finished in a brisk 2:15. Shocking part was I played well and FIVE groups kindly let me play through. I mean they saw me coming and waited for me on the tee box or they cleared the greens so I could try to hit on from 200 yards. Everyone has played as a single at some point and you run into the group in front of you knows you’re there and they just keep playing. I didn’t have to wait to hit a single shot as groups ranging from 2-4 waived me through.

The course is not for the faint of heart. Undulating fairways and deep bunkers with wooden beams protecting small greens makes course management more critical than most courses. The first par 5 is SUPER NARROW and requires precise shots huggin the right edge of the fairway. Hole designs are diverse and interesting. Elevations changes off the tee and approaching the greens means so you have factor in your club selection.

Greens were is good shape. Not great, but given the crazy weather this summer, better than most. I suppose the rains helped me on this day because you could stick the greens.

The last time I played this course, we drove 90-100 minutes. I remember thinking then that it was worth the drive and this round confirmed that. For anyone looking to play here, it’s worth the driving to play this gem and Royal Manchester.

So I should add that it POURED the day before flooding out many roads and highways. A part me was fearful that I’d drive 35 minutes to be told the course was closed. Surprisingly, while it was cart path and rough only, the course drains well enough that the onslaught of rain left most of the course dry and playable. But no biggie because somehow most of my shots landed on the half closer to the cart path.

The bees knees

This course is a all around gem. Not only do you have great course conditions and an amazing layout with a challenging hole each time you tee it up. But you also have the most friendly staff, they really made everyone in my group feel welcomed and valued l. Will be telling golfers from all around about this gem.

Great course...

Scenic and challenging.... No complaints and looking forward to playing again

Philly Advisor

less than positive experience

I understand wet conditions and cart paths only but 5 1/2 hours was extreme. Two playing partners left on the seventh hole. We observed one open hole on two occasions and didn't see a Ranger on the course after the seventh hole. There were some good holes on the course but also some questionable hole designs. It could be we weren't familiar with the course. Overall the course didn't fit my eye but because of the extremely slow play I'll allow my opinion could be tainted. That said I do think the par 5 seventh and 13th holes were awkward.

dbaker60
Commented On 10/14/2018

I already left a comment here which must have been removed....Unfortunate, but Iron Valley truly is a 5 hour golf course on most busy days. Add cart path only there and it easily adds a half hour. Conversely, there are days and times where you can play in under 4 hours. We had a ranger on the course from 9 am to 4 PM that day, as well as the Assistant Professional. The group in front of you was a traveling group of seniors that were told in advance of cart path only, but still played. We were on them several times and they did play withing the expectations.

As far as it not fitting your eye, not much we can do there. We do offer advice, yardage books, and maps at no charge for next time!

Iron Valley is a Peak!

Very good, tough course. Some big elevation changes and nice surroundings of woods, lakes.

Very nice clubhouse, bar, patio, too.

I’d give this course 5 out of 5 stars. Definitely a great deal at the $29 I paid.

great layout and in great condition even with 2 inches of rain the previous evening

I will play this course again as it is a great tract with some very unique holes

A MUST PLAY!!

Place your shots and make sure you have enough club!! One of the best in the area. Views from every hole ! Good food in the bar!! We will be back again and again.

A fantastic golf course!

Iron Valley is situated on a fantastic piece of property with significant

elevation changes.

The topography is amazing and the conditions were superb.

It is a very challenging test of golf!

A very good value and I can not wait to come back!

What a gem

Tough track that is beautifully designed for amazing views and a challenging round of golf. Bring your A game and an extra sleeve of balls if you’re playing the blues or the tips.

A definite must play in Pennsylvania!

If you are in Pennsylvania and looking for an awesome golf course, look no further. From the moment you meet the friendly staff until you finish a round and have an ice cold beer. There is nothing but spectacular when speaking of this golf course.

We were met by the starter when we first arrived. He engaged us in conversation and spoke about the conditions of the golf course. He pointed out where everything was so there was no question when looking to find something. The course conditions were nothing less than spectacular. The deck outback is a fantastic view and great place to have a cigar and a nice cold beverage. The staff in a restaurant we’re friendly and accommodating. We were fortunate enough to meet the owners of this fine establishment at the bar. They spoke about this course and others they owned and their future plans for those courses. It was nice to see owners of a golf course putting 1000% into their venture .While in the pro shop I was attempting to buy a cigar. I got into a conversation with the gentleman that were present. One of the employees went out to his car and gave me a cigar from his private collection. That right there tells you the character of this golf course. Nothing but professional and customer based. I have played this course three times, and I will be back again!. I always list pros and cons about each golf course. I cannot think of one Con to list, that should tell you the caliber of this golf course

Fun layout

Very enjoyable round. Challenging layout. Nice conditions.

Aerated Greens

Greens aren't rolled and seems like it was just aerated few weeks ago. Temporary tee box was used off the actual tee box. Poorly setup.

dbaker60
Commented On 07/08/2018

This is the end November is Central PA....of course this is what the course looks like. It is the dead of winter!

Quentin, Pennsylvania