Pines Golf Course at Christmas Mountain Village

Handicap (W) 9 1 8 3 6 2 7 5 4

Year Built 2000
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass
Architect D. J. DeVictor (2000)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Proper Attire required

Had me worried before playing after reading some negative comments from others, and it had been raining for past few days, but course was nice to play and had an enjoyable round with the wife. Girl at pro shop was very friendly and starter was also. Purchased golf on a discount golf website and made the round more enjoyable too.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 09/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Christmas Mountian

Not busy, got on 30min early. Not in bad shape, a couple of the greens look like ants are on them

Disappointed

We have played this course many times. This was the first time this year. The course was not in good shape. It had nothing to do with the recent rains. Tee boxes were ugly and general maintenance was not up to snuff.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 09/06/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Christmas Mountain Golf Course, in the Wisconsin Dells area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Needs TLC

Better condition than when I played it a month ago but needs some maintenance. Sand traps weedy, greens shaggy. Hardly anyone on it so seemed like we had the course to ourselves. Nice course but please clean it up.

Nice Course

Took a day off from the waterparks to get some vitamin "G". Course a short drive from the "Dells", teed off shortly before noon. Course was in good condition, greens and fairways in mostly good condition, rough very thick, lots of trees, fairly narrow fairways. Some elevated tees and greens made for a challenging round. Played from the white tees, but still had second shots of 180-200 yards to the green on most par fours. Enjoyed the round.

What's Happening?

I must say what a difference a year makes. I played this course for the first time last summer (great experience) and was excited to play this past week.

Sadly, the course has undergone a very unfortunate transition. Hitting off the tee boxes was like hitting out of the rough. I kid you not, the grass was at least 2 inches high on some of the tee boxes. The fairways seemed to be in ok condition but the greens were VERY slow. It would appear they had not been mowed in quite some time. Many of the sand traps are not sand traps any more. It looked like management just let weeds and grass take over. Very strange, no edging on the bunkers either.

As other writers have commented there are quite a few greens that appear to have been damaged from either vandalism or from faulty greens keeping equipment. I'm assuming one of the hoses broke on the green mower and no one noticed until it was too late. Rough, rough shape.

I was actually supposed to play there again with 11 other friends in a few weekends but we have since changed locations. I couldn't in good conscience take my friends to the course in this shape.

I may try in again next Summer and HOPE that it improves. If not, there are way too many other great options in the Dells to mess around with this course. I wonder if joining the Choice brand has anything to do with the depletion of the golf course.

Hope you guys get it taken care of. Until, I'd suggest staying away.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 08/21/2018:
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your disappointments with the conditions, but we understand your frustration. We hope that you will be able to see some improvement the next time you visit us.

They let the course go!

We have played several times in the past and enjoyed the course-good conditions and reasonable price. The day we played the greens were not mowed-a Friday in August in the Dells! The greens were in good shape but EXTREMELY slow, many problematic tee boxes. No course monitoring so very slow. No longer a good value for the money.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf on 08/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Christmas Mountain Golf, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Good Course Layout

Very good course layout with several challenging holes and picturesque. Greens were somewhat shaggy and slow. A couple of greens had damage that appeared to be from vandalism. Amenities where good and staff was friendly.

Some tees and greens very questionable

Been golfing at Christmas Mountain for years and the course is in rough shape. Booked on a hot deal otherwise standard price is not worth it. Back 9 Tess and greens in rough shape

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. We will keep working hard to have the course in shape for the rest of the golf season. We hope to have you back again, and we hope that next experience will be a better one.

Hole 10 is up on the Mountain

We had a fun time golfing yesterday. The course was pretty decent with the exception of several greens. The beverage cart however needs to be addressed. The cart is evidently too messed up to climb the hill to tee box 10...she wasn't able to come out and sell us drinks for pretty much the whole back nine.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 07/25/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with some of the greens, and we have made sure to note the issues with our beverage cart. Thank you for the feedback, and we are welcome to hearing any more that you might want to share. Thank you for recommending our course, and we hope you will be back again sometime soon.

Needs tlc

This used to be considered one of Wisconsin Dells premier courses and worth the money.

Not any more though the course is in disrepair and the greens r horrible.

The t boxes r aweful

I don’t know what happened but I won’t even attempt to go there again until 2020

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the condition of the course. Our staff will keep working hard to have the course in shape, and we hope you will be able to see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Course has been allowed to wither away. Worst shape I have seen a course. Very disappointing being a resort owner

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello Todd, on behalf of Christmas Mountain Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

The Oaks at Christmas Mountain

While my rating for value is a 4, that is the only reason I would come back to or recommend this course at this time. I golfed on a hot deal special through golf now which made green fees cheap; until I saw the course conditions. Then instead of a steal it made it a bargain. To be fair, the greens were smooth although similarly as shaggy as your freshly cut poodle. I felt like using my driver for a putter. The tee boxes were in terrible shape. Again, I put a tee under my ball for driving so hard sand could be sufficient. The fairways and rough were ok. I have played The Oaks at Christmas Mountain in the past, and this was easily the worst I have ever seen this course

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 07/05/2018:
Hello Glenn, thank you for taking the time to review us, Christmas Mountain Golf Course, in the Sauk County area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the Course Conditions, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Good Times had by all!

Very nice course, well laid out. Keeps me coming back year after year!

Fantastic course for share to good players, back nine has some greens that are being rehabbed but other than that great course

Baraboo, Wisconsin