Copper Hills Golf Club - Hill Course

Handicap 3 7 5 9 11 17 13 15 1
Par 5 4 4 5 4 3 4 3 4 36 72

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bent grass
Architect Curtis Wright (1997)

I'll be back

Great condition, challenging but fair layout as long as you hit quality golf shots. Friendly staff!

Great Course, Great Time, Friendly Staff

We had an absolute fantastic time. Course was in excellent shape, no delays and friendly staff. Course was challenging, but very fair. The more you play it, the better you become. Playing this, makes other courses easier to play. Fantastic views (wild life, elevations, water, etc..) Also gave us the option to play either The Hill, Jungle, or Marsh. A must play!!

Great Track

Awesome course in great condition. Feels like you are “up north.” Nice layout and course is well maintained. Greens run fast and true

Difficult course but very beautiful. Not for beginners. Cart not in good repair.

Hills, Jungle, and Marsh it's all here

Purchased a Hot deal, so the price was right. I haven't played the course in several years, not sure what to expect. The day was perfect. We started on the Marsh that begins with a Par 3. Not too bad eh ! The Marsh is a great 9 hole course, with many challenges, Good shape, fair greens. We were then sent off to the Hills. Another great nine holes. The greens were fair to us, you could stick a shot. The staff friendly and helpful. Recommended for a test of skill.

First Time in a Long Time

I hadn't played here in about 15 years, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was pretty much what I'd remembered. The "clubhouse" is still a trailer. The three 9-hole courses are still what I remembered. On this outing we played the Hills and the Marsh. We had a fairly early tee time and only waited on the threesome ahead of us a few times. The course was in great shape. The greens are fairly quick, but are true.

Early season weekend

Surprisingly uncrowded for a Saturday Noon. Staff was friendly but women will want to know that there was no on course restroom, although we were told there was one for the 27 holes there.

The bunkers were absent any playable sand, a couple had exposed drain pipes. Worst I have ever seen. Thankfully, I only found myself in one or two.

great track

have always loved this course, live in oxford and only play here when i can find a deal online, greens were butter just the way we like them, overall course in great shape.

Needs lot of attention

I know we just had a lot of rain, but this course was extremely soggy in many areas that shouldn't have been. Carts are in poor condition, seats torn, mildewed in general OLD wagons. Lots of blind shot areas and yes it is a ball eater course.

Poor condition

I have played here many times in the past and have taken business clients here to play. The course layout is what shines but the condition of the course has greatly deteriorated over the past year since I've played here. We played the Jumgle and the Marsh. There wasn't a single bunker take in any bunker on the jungle and the bunkers were nasty. Full of footprints etc. many of the Tee boxes were overrun with crabgrass and weeds and it's been quite a while since anyone has filled divits. The cart we were given had mild and huge rips in the seat and the stuffing was coming out. The cart was filthy dirty. This was such a waste of money. There are so many other places to play in the area where you will pay much less, be treated nicely and find the courses in good condition. As much as I live the layout the conditions will prevent me from coming back. Save your money and play somewhere else.

Hill, Jungle or Marsh

27 hole course all 3 challenging. Beautifull sceanery. Be prepared to lose balls.

Awful conditions

Possibly the worst course conditions I have ever played. Especially on the Jungle Course. Looks like a cow pasture. Hill course wasn't as bad, but still

Not good. I wouldn't pay more than $10 to play this course. Really hoping they improve the condition of the course becasue it is boarderline unplayable right now.

golfcolo
Commented On 08/23/2017

Thanks for the heads up. Been Wanting to play here since my return from out west. WIll not play Copper until more favorable reviews start to come in. For $29 bucks Coyote Preserve is the best by for seniors. Also same rate for all on some days of the week with downloaded coupons.

Horrible

Do not waste your time or money here. It's clear that management lacks the resources and capital to maintain 27 holes. Absolutely horrendous conditions from tee to green. Not too mention the carts are filthy with mildew all over the seats, are particular cart had mechanical issues and felt like it was over heating, the seat became very hot.

I wish someone would save this place, absolutely great layout.

u000006259374
Commented On 08/11/2017

Hirer Paul Kolbe (Colbe)

A superintendent with nearly 30 years of experience..

Please bring this course to the conditions it deserves.

And until then drop the price your driving it o.b !!!!

Sorry for your loss pertaining to the man in charge passing away

hennybogan000001
Commented On 07/31/2017

I just played here on July 30 and it seemed to be fairly well maintained. Yes, it has been it better condition, but the greens were true and quick and the fairways rolled and were lush and green. The bunkers were missing, but there was a sign in the clubhouse offering free drops. The owner recently passed away and the course spent some time in "limbo" business-wise from what I understand but after speaking with the staff this weekend it seems that they are committed to bringing the course back to championship conditions.

CopperHillsGolfClub
Commented On 07/17/2017

Tommy, We are sorry about your experience at Copper Hills. With Curtis, the previous owner getting cancer and passing away it was a tough couple of years for us. We have a new superintendent that just started early July. You should see some major improvements. We are working hard at renovating our bunkers and improving our course conditions. Seeing all the improvements we are making, we hope you give us another try.

What Happened???

Playing this course several times in past years was one of the best. Now....what a disappointment. Where to begin. The smelly trailer with leaky bathrooms. Guide signs falling down unsure where your heading. No need to worry about sand bunkers just grassy bunkers and the occasional hard sand bunker that's like cement. Best part is the dilapated bridges over creeks/marsh that are soft wood and going to break and cause injury. I literally had to replace a broken board to be able to walk across it hoping I didn't fall through. For the money take your business up the street to Devils Ridge where you get the same elevations and challenging course with beautiful maintence. NEVER AGAIN! What a shame.

Loved this course

I played this course for the first time today and was more than satisfied. They have 27 holes. We played the Jungle and the Marsh and they were beautifully designed and spread out. A little gimmicky and a lot of fun. I guess ownership has had a couple bumps in the road and seem to be pulling it all together. Great destination course that I highly recommend.

CopperHillsGolfClub
Commented On 07/17/2017

Thank you for sharing your nice review! We hope you come back soon.

Will Challenge your game

Course is challenging. Need to select smart shots off the tee

Coming back?

This used to be one of my favorite courses in North Oakland. Stunningly beautiful up North feel and some very challenging holes with lots of forced carries, uphill/blind tee shots, etc. (almost too many, really). But the years and economy took their toll and the course fell out of shape, especially the bunkers. Fairways and greens were decent yesterday and show promise for the year. And I was told they were repairing/replacing all of the bunkers - which would be a very good start. If they continue to make improvements we may get that great course back again.

u000006259374
Commented On 05/05/2017

$40 week day rate for a failing

"Once excellent" course

Seems to be going the wrong way ?

After reading the course is in awful condition why will anyone pay $40 week days

Idk weekend rate