Angels Crossing Golf Club

Green (W) 72 6232 yards 75.2 131
Scorecard for Angels Crossing
Black M: 74.7/143 403 367 197 616 383 196 453 566 373 3554 383 398 258 563 432 419 173 539 450 3615 7169
Blue M: 72.3/136 383 335 170 589 365 187 425 545 361 3360 363 376 230 530 406 394 158 516 416 3389 6749
Hybrid M: 70.7/135 356 367 141 566 365 160 387 515 373 3230 363 398 158 506 383 394 138 516 380 3236 6466
Green M: 70.0/132 356 307 141 566 354 160 387 515 328 3114 340 345 192 506 383 361 138 473 380 3118 6232
White M: 67.0/115 W: 72.5/131 328 273 125 476 302 135 357 490 296 2782 320 321 158 463 356 292 113 410 343 2776 5558
Red W: 68.0/125 283 242 91 426 286 120 319 415 273 2455 290 235 100 418 327 261 78 371 310 2390 4845

Year Built 2004
Architect Bruce Matthews III (2004)

My favorite course

The best layout ever. Green complexes are superb.

Fairways generous & you rarely see another hole or golfers from the one you're currently playing.

Beautiful scenery.

Devil's Playground

Angels Crossing is a very challenging track with some of the largest green complexes I've ever played. Yes, it's possible to rack up GIRs, but don't bet on making many pars just because your ball is safely on the dance floor.

If the pin position is #3 on your day of play, start praying and begging the golf gods. A good example is the finishing hole. Easy to hit the fairway. 9 iron into the green from fairway. Left with a putt longer than the sewer tunnel that Andy Dufrense had to crawl through in Shawshank Redemption for par.

Really a beautiful layout with lots of undulating, sprawling greens with unnatural humps and contours. I felt like the design team went out of the way to trick up the greens. My only complaint was that most greens appeared to be man-made and forced, not naturally shaped.

Would give this course an overall rating of 7 out of 10 for its variety and complexity. Bunkers could use some work and more screened sand (rocks suck). Watch out for the bees nests in the ground in the fescue on the back nine.

Michigan Advisor

Big Greens and lots of adulation. But they run true

We played this course originally the 2nd year it was open. The greens were hard to the point the ball would bounce off the greens with an approach shot. My second visit was far from the same experience. The greens were soft and ran true. Fairways were in good condition with the lack of rain. Rough was thick and could be difficult to get out of in places. Lack of paved cart paths is problem. My discussion with the Pro is this is being corrected over the next 12 to 24 months (being part of government doesn't happen overnight). If your aim is not near the flag its not uncommon to have putt 50 - 80 feet bring utility or wood to putt those. We did not have pace of play issue playing at 10:36. Although a group behind us was holding up the course. The staff was helpful and friendly. I would recommend playing again. Granted we played with group golfer for $25., weekend rate of $49 isn't bad, but seniors at $39 is great price. I would recommend playing the blended tees if you are someone who shoots under 50. Some shortest par 4's would make it more challenging from the tip or blues.

Beautiful Course that is being poorly managed

Angel's Crossing was privately owned, but is now owned by the town of Vicksburg. It's a shame that such a beautiful course is being so poorly managed. It took me 10 minutes to check in, because the guy running the cash register was useless. We teed off at 1:36 PM, but pace of play was so slow that we didn't finish 18 holes until 6:45 PM. On the 10th tee, we even called the club house and asked them to send out a ranger, because 4 groups were stacked up behind two foursomes in front of us that had no business being on this challenging course. As a result of this experience, I am writing Angel's Crossing off my list of courses that I will play.

Excellent Value

My first round here was only the front nine (twilight after 2), but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The course offers a variety of challenging holes. Each was fairly unique to make them fun and interesting to play. Pace of play was pretty good. My only complaint is that when my drive faded into the fairway bunker, it was chock-full of rocks... making an out somewhat detrimental to my club.

Great course to play, courses of this caliber charge more.

I read a number of reviews about this course and it is everything that they said it would be, challenging but forgiving and very well maintained. Pace of play was great.

cart paths

course okay, cart paths very rough, wet bunkers, good greens

Very nice course

First time playing here. The course was wry well maintained. The cards laid out the distances to hazards well and showed where trouble was. The fairways near greens was kept very tight so putting off the green was an option. Greens were challenging, never a straight putt, but not overly fast, actually slightly slow. Ill definitely play here again. Under $30, this would be one of my favorite courses in the area. Room to work drives if you like that. The carts were also very nice. Good shocks and ride. Overall a great experience.

huge greens

iv played this course a few times and always in wonderful condition. this is as good a course as we have in south michigan.

Dodged the rain

We had a tee time that fell right between two terrible rain storms. There was standing water on the course which made things a little difficult. All this is NO fault of the course...of course. I've played Angels Crossing several times and it's a challenging layout. I think that the greens need a little attention. Many areas that were in need of repair. The course is nice and I would recommend it to all players of all skill levels. Just wish the greens were a little better..... I will go back again for sure.

Excellent course

Excellent course, huge fairways and greens. I would recommend this course to everybody.

The course setting is pretty

Greens were real nice except many people are not fixing their ball marks.

The course is very enjoyable to play. Spread out, and greens, and fairways are in great shape.

THe course was in great shape. Flow of play was at a steady pace.

Very nice course.Great layout,very scenic,large greens but a few needed some attention.Tee boxs could use some attention"grass was to long".

Over all its a very nice course thats just lacking a few details to make it a must play destination.Such as paved cart paths.The dirt paths were very rough and bumpy. It can be a very challenging course for the average golfer but the fairways are wide and forgiving and extreemly well maintaned as are the huge greens. The day we played the wind was blowing a steady 25mph with gusts to 40 which really made for a tough day playing from the Blue tees. I still managed to shoot a 77 though.I look forward to playing the course again next summer under more friendly conditions.I also wish they had a sign on I-31 in Schoolcraft showing where to turn for the course. Mapquest said to turn left on E-W ave but in Schoolcraft that road is called Elviva. We drove 6 miles past and turned around. It still took us another 30mins to find the course. We left an hour early so we would have time to warm up on the putting green and made it to the couse with only 5 mins to spare. So some signs on 31 would be very helpful in locating the course.

roostergolf
Commented On 11/29/2012

I agree with Shaky's comments - very nice track and I would put it in the "must play destination" category. I played it as part of a swing through W Michigan this past summer - and can't wait to get back.

Vicksburg, Michigan