Farmington Hills Golf Club

2.3

Type Municipal
Scorecard for Farmington Hills Golf Club
Gold M: 71.1/134 382 318 369 418 135 386 495 146 387 3036 399 387 357 184 531 190 512 399 418 3377 6413
Blue M: 68.3/127 359 303 359 397 114 361 489 134 367 2883 367 354 321 153 480 159 482 381 379 3076 5959
White M: 66.3/119 W: 72.4/136 332 292 349 388 91 338 466 127 341 2724 336 324 297 120 454 127 464 357 353 2832 5556
Red M: 63.6/108 W: 68.2/119 306 282 321 366 81 310 439 122 312 2539 309 291 273 97 414 107 430 332 335 2588 5127

Year Built 1963

Nice municipal course

Would have never known this course existed if I had not driven by one day. Should really get with the program and sign up with GolfNow!! Most of the golfers I know use GolfNow & if you aren’t on it you’re missing a lot of customers! This is a fairly well maintained municipal course. Some quirky holes & a lot of soft wet greens made round challenging because putting speed on greens was inconsistent. Pace of play was was not good, no rangers on the course to regulate hackers with no golf etiquette. Cart girl just seems to drive around aimlessly, she was too busy with her phone & earbuds to stop twice even after trying to wave her down. Several water coolers out of water which is not good on a hot summer day.

Nice

Course was in great shape for fall. Would recommend for any level of player

1st time on

this was a good looking course and i am shocked that i have not gone sooner because i live so close. i will look to make this a home track in the future.

Short but nice

Overall good experience. The course was in great shape and the pair of guys I was sent off with were nice. I can see were pace can become an issue. I felt we were holding the twosome behind us up but there was no place for them to go. No rakes in bunker was my only complaint.

Wow !!

Beautiful Course !!! Greens are fast and challenging, layout is scenic, staff is friendly!! Pace was slow on front then picked up on back. I look forward to playing again.

Nice variety of holes

Only major issue at some holes are they adjoin others ie. 4&6 and 7&2 where you can be struck. Also a number of blind holes that are difficult to get accurate distances. Lots of doglegs

A nice 3&1/2 hour round.

We got pair up with two nice guys and had a very good round. pace was slow the first 3 holes and was no waiting to hit after. Greens, tees and fairways were in very good shape.

Challenging Course

I played on a Sunday afternoon and was paired up with a couple and another guy. We started on the back nine which was a little slow (2-1/2 hours). Some of the groups in front of us quit after 9 and the pace picked up. Overall, the course was in good condition. The traps had not been raked and were inconsistent.

Great shape

Great shape but the greens are a little slow. I also wish people would fix their pitch marks. Fun course!

Good course, horrible management

Overall a well kept course, but a nightmarish pace of play. Took over an hour to play the first two holes due to the ridiculously overbooked number of groups ahead of our tee time. Was a fairly easy, well kept course, but every staff member had a different explanation as to why the pace of play was so slow when clearly there were too many golfers on the course. The starter and rangers didn't do anything to help the situation other than complain to us as well. Would not go back until I knew that it wasn't a busy time, but even that would be impossible to tell as there were still tee times available here around the time we started, so it could have been even worse!

Nice layout

Nice layout with some challenging holes but one that is overall very playable for golfers of varying levels. Played the blue tees at 6,000 yards. There are championship tees at 6,400 for more of a challenge. Water on several holes. A lot of open driving holes so able to use driver more here than on many courses I play. My only complaints would be they alternate starting on 1 and 10 each week and delayed the start because of frost on back nine when this was a hole 10 start week. Seems like some flexibility in that procedure would have helped. Also, greens had a lot of ball marks, which isn't the course's fault. People, fix your marks!

For all the golfers they pull in...

They charge a higher amount and the facilities aren't maintained well... The staff was rude and acted bothered by my arriving on time in the morning...as I was waiting for them to open doors... They ignored me until they had all the carts out the informed me there was a frost advisory... So not only did they ignore me for half an hour, they then tell me I'll be waiting...so why not let me know earlier so I wouldn't stand around?!?! For all the money they have coming in they do not invest much into course...or give public a break on fees...

stevemwilliams1956
Commented On 10/18/2015

Bent grass on tees, fairways and greens; although greens are beat up pretty good with excessive league play. Tees and fairways maintained but far too many geese on this course for my taste, leaving every step a challenge not soil your spikes. With bird flu a real concern, I will not be back until they clean this course up of all the geese droppings. play. Price is a little high for condition of course.

Great walking course

Wonderfull walking course. Good test of skill. Some holes are tight, some holes are open. If you're good, two par 4's are driveable (2 & 12). The three par 5's can be reached in two, with solid shots. The par 3's on the front can help your scorecard, those on the back, may hurt your score. The green on 1 has the most severe slope, but no greens on this course are flat. The clubhouse facility is top shelf and the staff is extremely friendly. Do yourself a favor and give this course a try. Mention my name - Dan, and they will treat you as good as they treat me!

Great Municipal Course

Farmington is by far better than all three of the Livonia courses. The course plays fairly short and not very challenging from the white tees. I suggest anyone who is below a 15 handicap to play from the blues or golds, makes the course a bit more difficult. Generally the course is in very good shape. At times the greens can get chewed up pretty bad. Overall a good course, that I enjoy playing. Good value.

Southfield, Michigan