A view from Crosswinds Golf Club

Style Parkland/Links
Crosswinds Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Greens TifEagle Grass

Golf School Academy Yes - "Gallea Golf Properties Golf Academy"

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2014 #10)

Good condition

Course in good condition, greens pretty nice and smooth. Couple issues is “yardage” markers, it’s very difficult to know your distance from the fairway to the green(need 100/150/200 markers) and “Ball cleaners” maybe every 2-3 holes. May need to try other courses because of these reasons! Staff is usually friendly and helpful! Thanks, Pat

Worth playing with the Hot Deal

We picked up a hot deal and got to play this course pretty cheap. Thankfully we didn't spend a whole lot of money for the experience there. This course is mediocre at best. Coolest thing about this course are the jets coming in and out of Gulfstream.
Upon arriving, I checked into the pro shop, the guy said you're paid up thru GN and good to go. I asked if I needed a receipt for the starter (indicating that this was my first time there and I wasn't familiar with there course or procedures) and he said your good there is no starter. Not a, is this your first time playing here or fo you know where the first tee is, Nothing. So I proceeded out to load my clubs into the cart and try to find my way to the first tee box. Finally making our way across the long bridge to where the actual 18 hole course is I knew it was going to be a slow day when they had multiple twosomes booked with no starter or ranger to coordinate...... off to the course.
There were many tee boxes that hadn't been cut in over a week and the greens in a couple of days. The greens were extremely slow, however mostly covered in grass and not burnt up or had diseased spots.
This course has no markings whatsoever outside of a single post to list the hole number. You have to rely wholly on your scorecard for layouts and yardage as there are no markings on the course at all. Even a marked sprinkler head with the yardage to the green were very rare as was the 100, 150 yard markers. You definitely need to carry a range finder to this course if you want to be close on yardage. However their pins aren't designed with the range readers to make out easy to locate.
I'm not saying i wouldn't play this course again but it would certainly have to be another Hot Deal to make out worthwhile.

Slow AF

As usual the pace of play was painfully slow. They just sell as many rounds as possible, and just let all the groups fend for themselves. There were 3 groups waiting to tee off on the first hole. Its like this overtime i play there, but i won't be back anymore. I left after 14 holes and had been playing over four hours.

Wide open, good reliable track. Always fun. Nothing fancy

Love this course for the fact that you can spray it off the tee and still score. Depending on pin position, you can really score. Not a serene setting (aircraft landing overhead, interstate, etc) but a fun layout. Driveable par 4 #7, reachable par 5’s in number 9 and 18 which share an hourglass green. You can be playing terribly but hit one of those “keep ya comin back shots” in many holes. Course gets a lot of play so come early or try and sneak out late on a long summer day; many long rounds have been had out there, as it’s maybe the most popular public course in Savannah.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/26/2020

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (912) 966-1909. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Nice Day!

Cross Winds provided a really nice day. The staff was great! We liked the layout of the course. It was in really good condition except for a few bunkers they have stopped maintaining. Allowing a free drop fixes that. The free bottles of water was a nice touch in a COVID world.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi u459613224. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club!

Fathers Day round

Except for an exchange with the starter, everything about the round was great. The starter did ride back by when trying to speed up a slow group and apologize which was nice.

There are still some traps that are under repair but otherwise the course was in great shape. Greens recovered from a slow start. Halfway house was up and running. Foam is still in the cups but water bottles are provided again.

100% recommend.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Did Not Play

Sorry, i had to fill out the requirement above in order to email this review

Unfortunately, i did not play as i accidently booked your course in the US and I was trying to book the Crosswinds in Canada where I live

I'm charged for a course I never played. Terrible and costly mistake

Sincerely
Stefano

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hello, we apologize for the confusion. Please reach out to the golf shop and explain your situation to discuss refunding your round. (912) 966-1909

Humid day...

Overall nice day. Most courses are punching now or just have. This course has been punched in April. Super healthy and getting a little spongy. I get not having the greens roll a 10 right now with the summer heat, but they are real slow. Thing about it I putted great and scored well. They look great great with a few had some vad spots. Really appreciate the barn open and food and drinks available. Nice touch. Amy ran the place herself. Awesome attitude. Busy day. Had a great round. My buddy likes fast greens, so he was not so pleased.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Commented on 06/08/2020

Great layout with creative holes. The greens were slow but healthy and took some getting used to. The staff was very courteous and the appeal factor of the course was high as it wandered through the rolling landscape. My only concern were some hardpan areas in the fairway but hardly the sort of thing to keep anyone from enjoying the track. Fair pricing.

Improving every day

Greens have smoothed out nicely and the fairways are good. Course drained well after 2-3 days of rain. Even though they asked for cart path only the fairways were okay. Shows they are trying to keep the course in its best shape.

The only knock I have is there’s no starter and some singles play by themselves slowing down the round. If I’m alone I try to join a single, twosome so the pace is better.

Commented on 05/29/2020

Needs Some TLC

The par-3 course at Crosswinds would be a good value for a family outing or a quick short-game practice session if only it were maintained to a decent standard. The greens are way too slow -- I had to hammer every putt, event the short ones. That's fine for beginners and kids but not for someone who wants to practice. Yardages on signs and the scorecard are sometimes off significantly. If the tee boxes are temporary, at least post signage indicating the true yardage to the middle of the green. The staff is pretty good here -- the manager invited me for a free round after a serious mixup on greens fees. Obviously, keeping up a short course on top of a regulation course is a tall order, but at least make the effort. It would be wonderful to have a first-class short course in the area.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Hi maugsdorfer! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Crosswinds

Good course, I’ve played it many times before.
Greens way too slow !!!!!!!

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and your feedback about our greens. We hope you join us for another round soon.

It was alright ,just got rained on and only was able to play 9 holes but. It was fun.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello, Lorenzo3565100. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Best public course around

Crosswinds has improved since the last time I played there several weeks ago. The greens have come in after plugging and the fairways are greening up too. Even with no recent rain, the fairways weren’t as hard as most in the area.

Nice value for a hot deal.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi Valued Customer. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Valued Customer. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club thanks you!

Best in the area

This is a great design, well maintained - greens were very good but slow,,,Monday?

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hi jpwenzlick. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Par-3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club.

Good round except for pace of play

This was my first time to play Crosswinds since the virus restrictions. One person per cart, no rakes or sand bottles and foam in the cups. These are the same restrictions on most of the course around here. Check-in was touchless since I made the tee time online.

The greens were very spotty with sand still showing in places after about 3 weeks removed from punching. There were still some traps that were under repair but drainage was being installed.

There was a speed of play issue. I was a twosome with singles in front and behind me. We were waiting on every tee box with the single waiting on us. One or both of the singles were probably supposed to be a foursome with us or join the groups in front or behind us.

IF YOU MAKE A TEE TIME, PLAY WITH THE GROUP YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO. Having a starter would have taken care of this issue.

Commented on 05/05/2020