Deercreek Country Club

Type Private
Deercreek Country Club is an 18-hole championship golf course set on challenging terrain, with carefully preserved wetlands, rolling uplands and pine forests. There is water on 17 of the 18 holes and golfers cut through a 285-acre wildlife preserve that is home to an array of species. Deercreek measures 6,702 yards from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 72.1, with a slope rating of 131. Designed by Robert Miller, Deercreek Country Club opened in 1989. Deercreek has played host to the U.S. Amateur and USGA Senior Amateur qualifiers.
Red (W) 73 4758 yards
Scorecard for Deercreek Country Club
Gold M: 73.4/134 417 426 170 438 513 190 377 413 376 3320 529 162 323 410 374 175 442 440 488 3343 6663
Blue M: 71.3/132 388 369 164 422 498 162 364 381 369 3117 516 155 302 387 363 156 412 408 452 3151 6268
Tournament M: 70.2/128 381 369 164 416 498 152 299 381 369 3029 473 155 302 359 363 147 401 372 452 3024 6053
Green M: 69.6/127 381 355 149 416 491 152 299 376 361 2980 473 132 294 359 336 147 401 372 439 2953 5933
White M: 67.2/123 W: 73.7/136 324 317 141 347 425 125 273 375 354 2681 466 122 265 354 329 130 390 364 403 2823 5504
Red W: 69.0/123 278 270 107 266 382 105 240 366 217 2231 409 94 219 318 275 95 364 319 379 2472 4703

Year Built 1989
Fairways Bermuda
Greens TiffEagle
Architect Robert MIller (1989)

Great Round!

This was my first round at Deercreek. It's a great layout, beautiful tree lined course with lots of forced carries and forced layups. Greens had been punched, but they still were great! Lot's of water, but most of it doesn't come into play...typical Florida course. The clubhouse is really nice! The bar/restaurant seems to have been recently renovated. I would love to play here again.

Unique Course and Greaf Conditions

This course provides a challenge for all golfers while giving a great layout and incorporating natures finest as well!

A challenging course

I recently played this course. It was quite the challenge, but very enjoyable. The course was in fantastic shape. It wasn't too crowded which made the pace of play very nice. I am looking forward to playing again here soon.

Farewell Deercreek Country Club

I've played this course many times, and I was very excited to play it again. I read some reviews before booking, stating that the course was in great shape. Upon arrival, the cart attendant was prompt with a cart, but not very friendly. The assistant/pro working the counter was very concerned with explaining to everyone how the members were not happy allowing outside play, and that it was such a great privilege to play here... I found these comments to be unprofessional and unnecessary, as he should have just focused on checking people in. If DCCC was so great, they wouldn't be on golfnow.com with open tee sheets. There was a backlog on the first tee, which was about a 20 min delay. I found the course to be mediocre at best. The tees were thin, and the greens were about 50/50. I rolled my ball in the fairway on numerous occasions and drew some bad lies in the rough. Overall I was happy to be out there playing golf, but at $35 I must say that I wouldn't pay much more. Country club "life style" is only a memory from the 90's and earlier. The era of exclusivity and pristine grounds are only found in the upper echelon of clubs, such as Pablo Creek and Glen Kernan. To me, Deercreek is struggling like it has for decades. The cart attendant when we finished was very prompt and courteous, and the cart girl on the course was very friendly. The inside staff was lacking. We sat down at a dirty table, and no one greeted us, even though they were all standing right there. One just shuffled chairs around. After a few minutes, the bartender took care of us and was very nice. There was a moment when our water glasses were empty and we wanted another round of beer, and the same waiter who was shuffling chairs earlier, walked in, took a look at us, and walked off without saying anything. He looked like he didn't care at all. They get 18% gratuity tacked on to the bill automatically, so why should they care? Anyways, golf was fun and the experience was good, but the snobby air is a bit much for what the place really is. Another corporate club, budget starved with mediocre service, and a mediocre course, with some remaining core members clinging to a shadow of the glory days.

forhours
Commented On 11/29/2014

This review should really be thrown out, Deercreek doesn't use GolfNow anymore and the course is in great condition.

Bring your 'A' game!

A 'touch of class' about this track and you had better bring your 'A' game to shoot a good score. The course is in excellent condition and has some very nice T-boxes that give players a PGA feel and look that is very satisfying especially from the 'tips', the shorter tees give the high handicappers.a good chance to shoot a memorable round if they can keep it in play. A tough course for beginners but if you enjoy a challenge, put this one at the top of your list when choosing where to play.

great golf course. and great staff

the only thing i would like to see is how far it is to carry tee shots on some holes.

Great pace of play

Played with one other person and finished in just over 3 hours. Course conditions were good and greens were above normal for this time of year!

Best course in Jax

I have not seen a course in better shape from tee to green!

The course was well maintained.

I liked that once I checked in, the range balls were included in the green fees. The course was clean, all sand traps were turned prior to the first start of the day and play was fairly fast. The Starter/Ranger was not around first thing in the morning, but made his rounds and checked all players on the course. He was informative with information as well as wildlife sightings, like snakes. Sad to hear that Deercreek will no longer be participating in Golfnow.com!

Just Awesome

Hadn't played Deercreek in a few years...glad we went back! Course was in great shape, greens perfect! Played on a weekday morning, started at 9:30 walked off the 18th at 12:30. Will be back soon.

Interesting layout. Doglegs, several carries to the green. A very well thought out golf course

See above. A shot makers course. Love #9 where you must be on left side of fairway to get a look at the green. #18 a three shot par five is a great finishing hole because last shot has difficult carry to the green.

Tuff course,nice greens,great clubhouse and staff, good value

Tuff course,nice greens,great clubhouse and staff, good value

WE PLAYED THE GREEN TEES. TOUGH AND FAIR

A LOT OF WATER. COUPLE OF GREENS WERE 90% GOOD AND THEY WERE ATTENDING TO THAT. SEVERAL DOGLEGS WHERE TEE SHOT IS CRUCIAL.

Just OK

Had 10:45 tee time, played as a threesome NO starter, NO rangers, NO cart girl, at hole 7 ran into a foursome would not let us play thru???? NO LUNCH. For the value not worth it.

Challenging, but great condition

This course has many hazards and greens are fast. It is in very good condition and the facility is quietly located in a gated community.

This course was tough on a senior but very nice.

The course was in very good shape but tough on the old man. I should have played the white tee's instead of the blue. Getting over the marsh lands and water on the par three's was quite difficult for me. I would like to do it again but from closer -up.

Greens are rolling great!

Still a pain to get in the gate. Great place under $45

distance from tee box to greens well balanced

Enjoyable course to play, greens well maintained, friendly staff.

Nicely maintained although greens are a bit rough

I thought the value was very good. The only problem was the community front gate where the guard hassled me about entering. I was a Golfnow single. I told him I was there to play golf and he insisted that I needed to know the name of the people with whom I was playing or I couldn't enter. I said I had no way of knowing the name. He called the club house and gave my name but it wasn't available, I guess. After about five more minutes haranguing me about what was necessary, I mentioned that I got my tee time on Golfnow and he said, "Oh, OK. You should have told me that earlier." Gee, I guess I should have known.

Course was in very good condition for late December. Nice, smooth, fast and true greens.

My first Golf Now experience will bring me back. I got access to a cource course I normally would not be able to play. Pro shop was expecting me, very friendly staff and the course was in great shape. I hope to play it again soon.

Jacksonville, Florida