Legendary Run Golf Club

Golf architect Arthur Hills designed the Legendary Run, an affordable facility that offers country club-caliber golf in spic-and-span surroundings and with what management calls "the friendliest service in the world." Scottish links golf courses inspired the front nine of the golf course, which sits on 200 acres of land and features six lakes, and holes are named accordingly: Troon, St. Andrews and Turnberry, for some examples. It's a different story on the back nine, which weaves through woods and was influenced by holes closer to home, such as those found at Augusta, Winged Foot and Shinnecock. Book two weeks in advance to ensure you get on for a round on the Legendary Run golf course, and leave your metal spikes at home - there's no reason to worry, as, conditions permitting, you can take your golf cart off the path if necessary. A far cry from Cincinnati's recreational golf courses, this one requires a collared shirt (mock, if you must) and non-denim pants (shorts work, too). The pro shop will dress you if need be. A bonus for eco-thinking golfers: The Legendary Run counts itself among the members of the Audubon Sanctuary Program and enforces respect of the natural habitat.
Legendary Run Golf Course
Silver (W) 72 4923 yards 68.1 119
Scorecard for Legendary Run
Black M: 73.4/129 414 463 507 184 464 188 388 405 548 3561 457 186 384 380 523 408 136 394 491 3359 6920
Gold M: 72.0/128 393 443 492 170 419 174 368 398 512 3369 448 166 375 367 499 391 133 377 485 3241 6610
Blue M: 70.4/125 374 412 482 152 409 156 355 385 489 3214 375 156 364 346 483 380 132 365 467 3068 6282
White M: 67.8/124 360 354 466 132 396 140 333 370 427 2978 362 128 332 316 456 352 113 333 430 2822 5800
Green M: 65.9/116 W: 71.5/122 300 354 410 132 349 140 333 351 427 2796 316 128 332 316 403 323 113 333 322 2586 5382
Red W: 68.1/119 300 310 410 108 349 96 287 351 337 2548 316 92 296 248 403 323 96 279 322 2375 4923

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bent Gras
Greens Bent Gras
Architect Arthur Hills (1997)

Practice Hole Yes

19th Hole Specials 5
Entertaining Clients 9

Friendliest Staff and Excellent Conditions

I don't normally write reviews, but I felt a need to give this course its props. My father and I were visiting Cincinnati for a Reds / Cardinals series and picked this course for our round. I'm about a 10 handicap and my dad is about a 20 (senior). Course had 6 full sets of tees to accommodate any skill level. We normally play in the Pocono Mountain area (of PA) and tend to stick to the higher quality courses.

The staff here were some of the nicest people I have ever dealt with on a golf course. At first I thought it was fake nice, like I sometimes get at home, but by the time we met the starter I was won over. Just truly nice people everywhere we turned.

The course played true to the (free) distance card we were given and pin locations and in play yardage markers were spot on. I double checked a few entries with my GPS and they were all good. Each hole is modeled after a famous hole on some of the most famous courses in the world. I didn't take the time to compare them yet, but each was clearly labeled and described. Not something I look for, but a neat feature.

The starter apologized for a couple (specific) locations on the course where the conditions were being worked on. Honestly, if he had said nothing I would have never noticed. From tee to green they were a 9 for me. I saw very few problem areas and many maintenance people were at work (we teed off about 8:30am ). Mowers were followed by blowers to remove any excess clippings and dry the fairways. Permanent fans were installed at few locations to assist drying. People actually seemed to use divot filler around the course and the bunkers were some of the best I've played this season.

I played the gold (5th) tees and my father played the whites (3rd). Both were well layed-out to our distance and ability levels. Hazards were in the right spots and neither of us felt over or underwhelmed.

Our round came with a "free lunch", which was a dog, braut, or sausage, chips, and a soda. I was surprised to not get handed an old steamed hot dog wrapped in aluminum foil, but an actual nice snack. It was a little extra accommodation after the round and appreciated.

The course was very open, but still challenging. Our starter told us "it gets a little tight on the back 9". We kind of laughed because we are used to thick woods and elevation changes across all 18 holes at home. We did see some trees & woods, but "a little tight" it wasn't. Certainly not an issue, just kind of funny to us.

The only (really nitpicky) negative I can come up with for this course was there are no GPS devices in the carts. We get spoiled at home with these at many courses.

My father summed it up on the ride back to our hotel saying "man, I could play that course every week if it were around us". We have a very wide selection of nice courses to play and don't play many more than 5 or 6 times a year.

Play this course if you get the chance. It will make for a great day.

Good time!

Course was in good shape for the amount of heat and sun it has been taking over the past few weeks! Greens were longer than usual to combat that, so they rolled slow (but true) for the most part. Fairways were good - rough was dry but I’m not complaining. Starter and staff inside were very nice! Water (to drink) on most holes which was a huge plus...temps were in the 90’s and humid. Pace of play started slow but picked up...overall a great experience worth the money! Highly recommend. They’re doing what they can to keep this course one of the best public courses in the greater Cincy area. Keep it up!

Great course but greens were rough

Normally one of our favorites in Cincinnati, but the greens were really struggling and way slower than normal. It appeared they hadn't been cut in a few days which was disappointing.

Slow

Slow was the word of the day... the pace of play was horrible. We had a group in front of us that was playing so slowly and it was 90+ degrees out. The ranger told them multiple times to pick up the pace, but that didn’t help. It was almost a 6 hour round. The course was in great shape, but the greens were not cut and were bumpy, but other than that everything was great

Course could be better

I don't care how well the course is. If pace of play is diffficult, I will not give it a good review. USE YOUR RANGERS!!!!

Best course in Southwest Ohio.

I was visiting from one of the golf Meccas in the country (Arizona), so I am particular about my golf. The cost was so reasonable, I thought the course was going to be a big disappointment. I was pleasantly surprised at what great shape this course was in. It had a great layout, nice sand and really good greens. This was one of the best non planned golf outings I have ever taken. I would play this course again in a heartbeat. It cost more to take the Lyft ride back and forth to the course than it did to play the round. It was an outstanding experience.

Was behind the High school girls and boys teams front 9

Course was in great shape. Extremely slow play due to 2 high school girls foursomes and 2 boys foursome in front of me the whole front nine. I would have chose a different course had I known. Staff is always friendly. Love the course. I will be back, but I will ask about the pace before I drive an hour to wait on EVERY SHOT.

Waldorf Astoria
The 7,108-yard Rees Jones-designed championship golf course is the first Waldorf Astoria Golf Club, and has received a Silver Medal in Golf Magazine's Premier Resort Awards, and made Golf magazine's prestigious list of Florida "Courses You Can Play." The course winds through a large wetland preserve and measures 7,108 yards with a Par 72, Slope 139, and 74.6 rating from its Professional Tees.

Always great

One of my favorites. Course always in good condition. Helpmall around is friendly and attentive. Love it.

Batavia, Ohio