Jacksonville Beach Golf Club

The newly revamped Jacksonville Beach Golf Club, built in 1959, is one of the only public access courses on Jacksonville's Beaches. The golf course was originally designed by Sam Snead. The changes at Jacksonville Beach Golf Club began with the rebuilding and modernizing of more than half the greens on the golf course, along with some new bunkers and bulkheads to add to the already beautiful look. The 18-hole golf course measures 6,510 yards from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 71.9, with a slope rating of 126.
Jacksonville Beach Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5710 yards 73.4 131
Scorecard for Jacksonville Beach Golf Club
Blue M: 71.4/124 332 483 352 160 362 536 421 399 173 3218 360 432 177 520 195 346 502 386 411 3329 6547
White M: 69.8/121 313 449 335 134 343 514 392 372 153 3005 339 381 156 506 159 304 457 345 387 3034 6039
Green M: 68.1/116 W: 73.4/131 299 430 321 124 318 490 360 354 142 2838 326 364 142 486 142 295 439 329 349 2872 5710
Red M: 65.4/111 W: 70.3/114 280 385 294 112 296 416 304 294 136 2517 308 354 115 430 115 259 353 301 329 2564 5081

Year Built 1960
Greens Emerald Dwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Sam Snead (1960) Robert Walker (1987) MacCurrach Golf

Walking Allowed Yes, except before 12pm on weekends/holidays.

19th Hole Specials 6

Plays Twice a year

Best shape I've ever seen it.

Course was very well maintained. Greens pristine and true.Staff great.

e2355637-d365-5f50-8186-39ec576371b6
JacksonvilleBeachGC
Commented On 11/12/2015

Jack4113995 - Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and rating us a five star course! Come back soon!

Phenomenal Course!

Best Greens I’ve ever seen at a public course hands down! Everything was great! The cart attendants provided me with the best service possible. 10 out of 10.

Not as good as last time

I enjoyed playing here today however the fairways seem to have taken a step back from a few weeks ago. They are very dry and a bit difficult to hit from. The greens are still rolling fast and true and the bunkers are fluffy and easy to hit out of. The putting and chipping practice areas are nice. And the cart girl is very friendly.

Fantastic

We played there about 3 years ago and said we would never go back. The course was in such rough shape. 3 years forward and a complete renovation. Ranks as one of the best courses I’ve played. Hats off to the golf maintenance staff

very nice golf experience

if we could slow down the greens and speed up the rounds I'd give a perfect 10 !

To the reviewer who blamed the walkers - that's just not so. I played on a cold day when the crowds were down and I swear I got in 9 holes in 65 minutes - walking !

Its the crowds that keep things slow and one round we got stuck behind a foursome who were taking their sweet time lining up every putt for so long you'd think it was for big $$$ - they were in carts and we finished in 4:15

Much improved!

They did a great job refurbishing the course.

Looks and plays great!

Greens rolled beautifully!

Nice new carts with GPS!

I’ll be back!

Fantastic improvements. Very slow pace

The course is beautiful! They did a fantastic job!! Pace is very slow!! Lots of walkers. 4 hours and 40 min two players, 18 holes. I think we’ll wait for the newness to wear off before playing there again. Too crowded! Too slow! They need the rangers out there making sure everyone is playing at a good pace

Redesigned and top notch

Worth the 9 mo wait - Tee boxes, fairways and greens are pristine. Even the carts are better! Greens are very fast but fair. Only neg is that with the popularity the pace of play has slowed - pretty much knew that’d be the case when I arrived to a packed parking lot.

Updated Course

This course is really nice, great improvement!

1st week open. Love the GPS carts but all the flags are white and there was no pin placement chart, so it was hard to know where the pin was on the green. Also don't plan on using your own GPS watch the new lay out is not updated yet.

Overall I was super happy with this course, Great work!!

Huge improvement

The new course design is really nice! They really did a fantastic job on the new layout. Im excited for our municipal course to be open again! The new carts are awesome! GPS in all carts!!! I was disappointed that the restrooms were not renovated.

Getting Better All the Time

The course is constantly improving from where it was just a couple years ago. Currently it is closed until September of 2018 for what they say will be a major renovation.

Getting there

It a nice layout they were closeting for remodeling fixing the greens. Making the course a little more challenging

Response from Jacksonville Beach Golf Club on 01/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Jacksonville Beach Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.
Response from Jacksonville Beach Golf Club on 01/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Jacksonville Beach Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and we hope you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course, in the Jacksonville Beach area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

great little course

I played this course in the freezing rain, and it didnt matter! The greens rolled true, and the fairways allowed the ball to roll as it should. enough water and sand traps to keep it entertaining, but not frustrate. Precise shot placement will be rewarded, but it is a bit forgiving as well. This is a great course and better than most that charge higher. Staff was super nice! will definately play again if i am in the area, especially if the weather is sunny

Closing for renovation

Pro shop told me course would be closed 1/15/18 thru 9/18 for renovations. Need I say more?

Response from Jacksonville Beach Golf Club on 12/27/2017:
Hello Joseph, thank you for taking the time to review us, Jacksonville Beach Golf Club. We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused by our course renovations, and we do appreciate your feedback. However, we are committed to providing you with a great golf experience and hope you will enjoy all of our future improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the new year.
Response from Jacksonville Beach Golf Club on 12/07/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Jacksonville Beach Golf Course. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. It looks like you did enjoy our layout and staff, so we hope this was able to improve your round overall. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Hard To Believe !

The course is in the best condition it's been in for several years so they're going to spend millions closing the course, tearing it up and redesigning the holes. All they need is a new irrigation system and some minor alterations to existing holes.

Changes to come

Enjoyed my round on a perfect day. Greens are much improved though It won't matter because according to most, they will be replaced starting in January.. Staff was friendly and helpful as usual. Nice layout and being so near the beach is always a bonus. BTW, I'm still looking for that course one reviewer said he could play in less than 3 hours.!!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida