Golf Club of Dublin

1.5

Although the climate gives away the location, the Golf Club of Dublin is a more authentic interpretation of the traditional links of its Irish namesake than most other replicas you'll find. The flat terrain, which was formerly a cornfield, was transformed into an enjoyable linksland layout covered with tall, sweeping heather and hundreds of yards of hand-stacked stone walls. The gently rolling fairways are generous and the classic, square-shaped greens are enormous and fast. In keeping with a true links golf course, there are nearly 80 steep, sod-walled bunkers waiting treacherously by the fairways and greensides to swallow up errant shots. Depending on the sun, the shadows cast over the bunkers can play tricks on your eyes, making them appear deceptively deeper or shallower. Water hazards also come into play on a few holes at the Golf Club of Dublin.
Back 72 7021 yards 72.5 128
Original 72 6363 yards 69.3 122
Forward 72 4969 yards 62.4 95
Scorecard for Dublin
Back M: 73.5/131 408 175 418 417 500 534 413 193 436 3494 556 474 335 568 163 412 385 230 404 3527 7021
Original M: 70.3/130 W: 75.9/138 374 149 377 370 486 502 310 168 400 3136 527 440 312 521 137 377 371 191 351 3227 6363
White M: 68.5/127 W: 73.7/134 354 129 364 348 470 483 287 152 385 2972 506 392 294 494 113 357 357 175 326 3014 5986
Forward M: 63.2/102 W: 68.1/122 279 105 305 291 400 421 258 127 326 2512 418 330 229 415 84 266 266 147 302 2457 4969

Year Built 2002
Fairways Fescue Grass
Greens Fescue Grass
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2002) Dana Fry (2002)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2014 #19)

Entertaining Clients 8

Not Sure About This One

Not sure how I feel about this course. I think the $65 green fee has something to do with it. I just wasn’t WOWED with the course. For these prices it should be beautiful and it just wasn’t. Compared to Reid North which I played last week and spent $36 which is incredible, I just didn’t see it. You can spend another $35 and play the number one course in Ohio at The Virtues so I’m sorry but this course is just way to much.

Overpriced and in mediocre condition

Nice track, but conditions are not in line with price, even for early may. Bunkers, in general, were not maintained, and greens were slow and a little bumpy. We played at Darby Creek the week before, and the greens were near flawless. Therefore, if Darby can do it early in the year, why can't GCD? By the way, Darby Creek is 30 dollars cheaper than GCD.

The staff was excellent and very friendly, which goes a long way with me. However, if you are going to charge premium prices, have your course in premium conditions.

Nice course, terrible value

Pricing was just too high. Dublin is a well to do community but people still like value when they spend their money. $4.00 a hole?? Come on..

Commented On 2017-10-24T21:38:06.000+00:00

We're glad you liked the course and we appreciate you sharing your feedback. We feel the pricing reflects the amount of hard work and time put into conditioning from our staff + the latest equipment in maintaining the course. We do offer competitively priced rounds at different times of the day, and our Fall Rates are starting very soon (going down!). We'll be open through the year, weather permitting, so we hope you'll give us a second shot in the future maybe on Fall or Twilight Rates. Thanks again for golfing with us - hope to have you back!

Surreal

Very fast greens, fells like you are really in ireland.

Commented On 2017-06-12T21:20:38.000+00:00

Thanks you for the great review - we're so glad you enjoyed your round! Hope to have you back to the Club soon.

Beautiful Track

Course was in excellent condition and the staff was very friendly as well. 5 star all around

Commented On 2017-05-30T19:40:22.000+00:00

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! We'll keep working hard to make GCD a great place to play this season. Thanks again!!

Columbus Area favorite

Commented On 2017-04-10T17:50:33.000+00:00

Thanks for the great rating and photo! We're looking forward to an AWESOME season in Dublin and hope to have you back out for a round soon :)

nice course

I enjoyed my first time out, we have had a lot of rain in the area so it was wet. The fairways and greens were fine but the rough was soggy and the bunkers mostly were ponds still but that was fine. I will certainly play again

Commented On 2017-06-12T21:25:17.000+00:00

We appreciate your review back in April - hope to get you back out this season on a warm summer day!

Good place.

Good course layout.

I visited this Golf club 3 times in Feb.

Expect better course condition in Spring.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:40:40.000+00:00

Definitely seen improvements over Spring! Thank you for the feedback, hope to see you on the course again soon.

Golf

Pace was a real issue. I would recommend sticking to off hours if possible.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:42:01.000+00:00

Thank you for the feedback, we apologize pace of play wasn't up to your standards. We hope you'll give us another shot this season.

Staff friendliness!!!

Loved the course layout with long par 4's from the tips. The sedulity of each hole having their own identity from having challenging length, hazard placement, and hole direction. First time playing here and shot a respectable 75 from the tips (7051 yds.). Great challenge for any golfer but more so for the golfer who can play golf shots (drawing and fading). Big greens force you to bring some short game and putting magic. The lady in the pro shop was the nicest person I have meet during my 60 rounds this year. Extremely helpful with some course advice, direction to the first tee, and timely service. Would play here again every day because the course is that enjoyable.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:43:21.000+00:00

Thank you for the outstanding review and great course feedback, Jammergolf70! We hold our staff to high expectations of customer service, and love hearing great feedback like yours! Hope to see you again on the course soon.

Challenging

I have been trying to get on this course all summer. Fall is definitely time to do it as far as the price and pace of place goes. Never mind rude middle age woman in the club house. Just talk to the younger guy and a girl for better customer service experience.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:49:51.000+00:00

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Hope to see you again.

course was beautiful on cloudy fall day

The course was beautiful on this cloudy fall day. Really reminded you of Ireland or Scotland with the weather and links style course. Other that the aeration on the back9 fairways, the course was in great shape. Played the tips, which was a challenge with the winds that day. Love this course.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:51:10.000+00:00

Great feedback, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We hope you'll come for another round this season!

Great day for golf

Had a blast playing at Dublin City course. Weather was a little chilly, which helped keep down the crowds. Got to play by myself so I could hit a couple of balls. Course is in great condition and weeds are cut so losing a ball was minimal considering the long grass in the summer. Very nice course, big hitters should love this course.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:52:23.000+00:00

It's always great to get out for crisp winter golf. Thanks so much for the great review, hope to see you again!

Nice day to golf in November!

We happened to get a tee time the week prior, and hoped the weather would work with us. We had an amazing day in the mid 70s, and the course was in pretty good shape. The tee boxes were moved pretty far forward, but still had a great day of golf.

Commented On 2016-06-24T12:53:00.000+00:00

70s in November is hard to beat! Thanks for coming out, hope to see you again.

Great layout

Played 10/12, windy conditions, beautiful day, 70 temp. Course was in great shape, very playable yet decent risk reward options. Greens putted very well, firm, definitely not too quick.

Always a pleasure

This course is always a pleasure to play. Amazingly friendly staff. The course it's self is always in the best condition. Will be playing the course again and often.

Always a challenge.....but great shape.

Golf course played a little longer than normal with windy conditions (15-20 mph). The fairways and greens are in excellent condition. This course is one of the more challenging in the area in my opinion. I used every club in my bag as it presents many options for shot making. One of my favorites in Central Ohio.

A must play !

I heard good things about this course from a friend. I was very pleased with the course. The layout is great, a risk reward course. You can lay up with a 3 wood and have a middle to low iron in on many of the par 4, or you can hit driver and have a wedge in. The greens rolled fantastic, I look forward to playing here again!!

Amazing course

Course was absolutely amazing. Very well kept greens fairways and bunkers. Layout was tough but beautiful.

Not worth the money

I like the layout of the course. The greens were in terrible shape. I do not know if this guy was the starter or not he was on a card at the first Teebox he was very rude and unhelpful I have played this course several times and that seems like the MO out there. I have played most of the new era golf courses, and for some reason the people at this course are very unhelpful and rude. The young man that was cooking outside was a very nice guy. Overall the course is way overpriced. Thank you Tom ashcraft