Although the climate gives away the location, the Golf Club of Dublin is a more authentic interpretation of the traditional links of its Irish namesake than most other replicas you'll find. The flat terrain, which was formerly a cornfield, was transformed into an enjoyable linksland layout covered with tall, sweeping heather and hundreds of yards of hand-stacked stone walls. The gently rolling fairways are generous and the classic, square-shaped greens are enormous and fast. In keeping with a true links golf course, there are nearly 80 steep, sod-walled bunkers waiting treacherously by the fairways and greensides to swallow up errant shots. Depending on the sun, the shadows cast over the bunkers can play tricks on your eyes, making them appear deceptively deeper or shallower. Water hazards also come into play on a few holes at the Golf Club of Dublin.

Golf Club of Dublin

Year Built 2002
Fairways Fescue Grass
Greens Fescue Grass
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2002) Dana Fry (2002)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2014 #19)

Entertaining Clients 8

Slow pace plus marshals = stress

GCD starts foursomes every 9 minutes. We waited on every shot, and were told twice by marshals to speed up our pace of play, the second time the most annoying -- we had waited the entire front nine and immediately proceeded to the 10th hole. The group ahead of us dropped out. On our second shots, a marshal drove up and told us to catch up to the group ahead of us, like WE were the problem! Didn't appreciate it.

GCD

Windier than normal, greens were exceptional with what looks like a lot of play. Cart girls made it around 4 times while we played, staff is friendly and overall course was in good shape. Would play again with golf now price.

Nice links style course but get rid of your ranger!!!

This course is a very nice links like layout and plays very fair. Always in good condition as well. Be prepared though, they think very highly of this course and price it accordingly.

Great practice area and nice restaurant as well. Avoid their email list or you will be bombarded almost daily.

Saving the worst for last; the Ranger was absolutely ridiculous. Teed off after 4p which meant the course was pretty open. Never any wait yet there was still a Ranger that we saw on almost every other hole. I don’t know what they are told when they go out but coming down almost every other fairway, making you wait, or staring at you while you play when there’s nobody else on the course is uncalled for and annoying. 7 PM and yet he is still there. Tells us to hurry up though we had played the first seven holes in only an hour and a half. Keeping up with the group in front of you is one thing but if you are not behind, then there’s no reason for that since everybody plays their own pace. For the amount that you have to pay to play here, he needs to learn his place and understand that there is no law to get around in under three hours

Since the conditions are nice and the layout is as well, I will recommend this course. But it would be hard to tell anybody to play if the Ranger is patrolling. It honestly ruined the round.

Decent way over priced

Decent course nice atmosphere greens are pretty nice fairways ok not bent grass, it is in rich area so they charge way more then the course is worth, but if they can get it more power to them, it is worth it if you get a hot deal but definately not worth $69 or more.

Great Fun

GCD is a very fun course and usually in excellent condition. Reachable par 4s and 5s, interesting holes, decent greens and big fairways make it a joy to play

I'll be back!

I have been wanting to play this course since working in the Columbus area and hearing about it from a few coworkers! First, although I was running a little late for my tee time, they wasted no time getting me to the Starter, and tee box, of which, he took a little time, to give me some course instructions, as well as did a good job of ensuring there was enough time/space between the group that was in front of us. The course was pretty and green, the Greens were receptive, large and not even close to being flat and although there are houses, they were not so close to the fairways, that you had to worry about hitting them, unless you have a severe hook or slice! The par 3's played longer than they looked, which is good and 5's tested your ability to keep it in the fairway; all in all, this is a nice course and one that has been added to my list of playables for the area; I will definitely be back!

Very Good Course

The layout and overall condition of the course is great. I love playing here. For some reason though, the people who play here do a terrible job of fixing ball marks on the greens. I would recommend the staff make a priority of reminding golfers to fix their marks. Would make the greens look much better. Only other complaint is we havent had rain in a week and some of the tee boxes and in front of the greens were sopping wet. It hasn't been hot enough here to need to over water. Slow down with the sprinklers.

Good day for golf

Had a great time playing with a couple from Korea here visiting their son. Pace of play was terrific no one rushing us at all. Green were a little fast until they turned o. The sprinklers then it was a nice cool down and softer greens. Overall a very nice round.

Not Sure About This One

Not sure how I feel about this course. I think the $65 green fee has something to do with it. I just wasn’t WOWED with the course. For these prices it should be beautiful and it just wasn’t. Compared to Reid North which I played last week and spent $36 which is incredible, I just didn’t see it. You can spend another $35 and play the number one course in Ohio at The Virtues so I’m sorry but this course is just way to much.

Overpriced and in mediocre condition

Nice track, but conditions are not in line with price, even for early may. Bunkers, in general, were not maintained, and greens were slow and a little bumpy. We played at Darby Creek the week before, and the greens were near flawless. Therefore, if Darby can do it early in the year, why can't GCD? By the way, Darby Creek is 30 dollars cheaper than GCD.

The staff was excellent and very friendly, which goes a long way with me. However, if you are going to charge premium prices, have your course in premium conditions.

Nice course, terrible value

Pricing was just too high. Dublin is a well to do community but people still like value when they spend their money. $4.00 a hole?? Come on..

Commented on 10/24/2017

We're glad you liked the course and we appreciate you sharing your feedback. We feel the pricing reflects the amount of hard work and time put into conditioning from our staff + the latest equipment in maintaining the course. We do offer competitively priced rounds at different times of the day, and our Fall Rates are starting very soon (going down!). We'll be open through the year, weather permitting, so we hope you'll give us a second shot in the future maybe on Fall or Twilight Rates. Thanks again for golfing with us - hope to have you back!

Surreal

Very fast greens, fells like you are really in ireland.

Commented on 06/12/2017

Thanks you for the great review - we're so glad you enjoyed your round! Hope to have you back to the Club soon.

Beautiful Track

Course was in excellent condition and the staff was very friendly as well. 5 star all around

Commented on 05/30/2017

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! We'll keep working hard to make GCD a great place to play this season. Thanks again!!

Columbus Area favorite

Commented on 04/10/2017

Thanks for the great rating and photo! We're looking forward to an AWESOME season in Dublin and hope to have you back out for a round soon :)

nice course

I enjoyed my first time out, we have had a lot of rain in the area so it was wet. The fairways and greens were fine but the rough was soggy and the bunkers mostly were ponds still but that was fine. I will certainly play again

Commented on 06/12/2017

We appreciate your review back in April - hope to get you back out this season on a warm summer day!

Good place.

Good course layout.
I visited this Golf club 3 times in Feb.
Expect better course condition in Spring.

Commented on 06/24/2016

Definitely seen improvements over Spring! Thank you for the feedback, hope to see you on the course again soon.

Golf

Pace was a real issue. I would recommend sticking to off hours if possible.

Commented on 06/24/2016

Thank you for the feedback, we apologize pace of play wasn't up to your standards. We hope you'll give us another shot this season.

Staff friendliness!!!

Loved the course layout with long par 4's from the tips. The sedulity of each hole having their own identity from having challenging length, hazard placement, and hole direction. First time playing here and shot a respectable 75 from the tips (7051 yds.). Great challenge for any golfer but more so for the golfer who can play golf shots (drawing and fading). Big greens force you to bring some short game and putting magic.
The lady in the pro shop was the nicest person I have meet during my 60 rounds this year. Extremely helpful with some course advice, direction to the first tee, and timely service.
Would play here again every day because the course is that enjoyable.

Commented on 06/24/2016

Thank you for the outstanding review and great course feedback, Jammergolf70! We hold our staff to high expectations of customer service, and love hearing great feedback like yours! Hope to see you again on the course soon.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020