The Leelanau Club At Bahles Farms

Scorecard for Leelanau
Black M: 72.2/137 388 498 349 202 576 186 418 418 191 3226 401 173 532 438 427 205 540 324 385 3425 6651
Blue M: 70.8/131 371 483 344 186 552 172 390 390 164 3052 389 163 501 420 399 187 514 312 361 3246 6298
White M: 68.5/123 361 435 318 149 532 151 368 367 132 2813 379 160 477 347 347 139 494 277 355 2975 5788
Gold M: 65.4/109 W: 70.3/125 345 371 205 107 459 130 322 352 103 2394 321 109 441 344 299 136 431 255 332 2668 5062
Red W: 67.7/114 228 368 202 102 454 93 319 302 100 2168 211 79 438 337 294 133 428 191 327 2438 4606

Year Built 1999
Architect Gary Pulsipher (1999)

Michigan Advisor

Hidden gem poster child

When people talk about great golf in the Traverse City area, I seldom hear Bahles Farms mentioned. I think that should change. This course is a gorgeous hidden gem. The views are fantastic! Almost every single tee shot is elevated, giving this track a very grand feeling. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the rates and really reasonable. The course is in very good condition. I found very few problem spots among the rolling hills and tricky greens. Speaking of, the greens appear to be slow, but they are some of the most complex greens I've played. The breaks are very deceiving and fun to figure out. There is a great mix of long and short holes and the layout is one of the best I've seen. I was excited to find out what the next hole had in store each time I holed out. I definitely recommend including this course on your next Northern Michigan golf trip!

Awesome hidden gem

When others have said this a hidden up north gem. They are truly under stating it. The holes are beautifully cut into the hills and Apple fields. Greens are a true test to your skills.

The only two complaints I have is the carts could be better and they really need some type of chart of each green because you can really put yourself in bad position based on pin position. But other than that must play.

Excellent challenge

We visited this course as a warm up in advance of playing The Bear at Grand Traverse Resort, but it is more than a warm up and is an excellent course in its own right. I actually found it to be tougher than The Bear due to slightly narrower fairways lined by trees so errant drives to punished. Greens are in excellent shape. Well worth making the drive to play. Very close to awarding it 5 stars.

Perfect day on the course!

We played as a twosome and scrambled. 2 groups let us play through. Finished in 3 1/2 hours easily and still had the entire afternoon to enjoy. Bonus: the cherries were ripe and made for a tasty treat :p Staff was very friendly. Course is lady & senior Friendly on the tee boxes

Great Course!

Beautiful course and friendly, knowledgeable staff. We will be back!

Fabulous

4some played9 together and 3some then went on to 18. Course is beautiful, meticulously landscaped. Quite challenging. Would love to play there again on our next visit to Northern Mich. from Colorado.

Beautiful, friendly place to golf

We really enjoy golfing at Bahle Farms. The setting is pristine with beautiful rolling fairways cut into the surrounding cherry farms. A real enjoyable and memorable experience.

Beautiful Views

Played on Memorial Day Sunday, was a single but because of the slow play grouped with a twosome. Driving range was mats only and practice green was small. No ranger on the course so the group that was 2 in front of us was taking their time. Finally called clubhouse on 13. Took over an hour to play 10-12. Clubhouse did send someone out and got the group moving. Played 14-18 in an hour. There was a beverage cart, but only seen her one time which was on number 8 The course has some spectacular views, and I do recommend playing here. Even at full price it is worth the value. Some fairways need some TLC, and the greens were a bit slow, but it was a good test of golf. The cherry trees were in blossom and provided some excellent scenery, especially 14 with the fairway cut between the orchard.

ONE OF THE BEST IN TRAVERSE CITY

The course was in good shape considering the weather in the previous weeks. The only criticism was the fairways needed mowing. We always enjoy playing this course and whole heartedly give it our recommendation.

Course well taken care of -- good fall golf.

Good golf course and great fall golf. Leaves blown from greens and fareways. Greens plugged but filled in with sand.

beautiful, challenging

Course is not overly long, but the hills, slightly narrow fairways, andundulating greens make it wonderful for both my wife and I . Beautifully maintained and picturesque. Loved it.

This course is very picturesque with lots of elevation variation.

Very enjoyable course to play. Lots of variation between holes and lots of elevation changes, which makes for a fun and sometimes tough round of golf. Beautiful scenery throughout. My favorite local course here in NW Michigan.

Staff is rude

I went to play on vacation with my family. We are by no means active golfers, but play once a year. We were rudely interrupted by the starter/ranger, telling us that my sister should not be playing on this course because she wasn't good enough, but since we already paid he would let us continue. It was completely uncalled for and rude. We will not be returning and advice others not too.

Stunning Views!

The Leelanau Club combines stunning views with demanding golf. With many holes playing up and/or down hill, the course plays longer than the yardages indicate. There is a good variety of open and tight holes as well. The greens are moderately fast and in excellent shape. They also have signicant slopes to them, so being out of position can be penalizing.

Really enjoyed this course!

It was our girls golf weekend. We are in our late 40's early 50's and we had a great time. The staff was friendly and very welcoming, the course was challenging but not too hard, and the bloody mary's were terrific!

a great experience

It was a good value through golfnow. The course was in great condition the greens were challenging as was the course in general

good views

very hilly; play it forward- lots of trees and uphill shots

Very beautiful course, and wide-open with a lot of hills!

This course was very beautiful and wide-open; making this and ideal course for golfers of all skill levels. Very enjoyable and the sights were stunning!

A hidden gem in Northern Michigan

Dramatic elevation changes and great vistas await at every turn! Leelenau Club has many nice surprises that will entice you to return once you get the "lay of the land" so to speak.

Nice course - great value

Went out as a single, staff got me ahead of a couple groups. Was able to get 18 done in under 3 hours. Course is in fine shape. While not long, it's still a good test. Par 3's are difficult. The 2nd and 7th greens are a bit gimmicky - other then that a solid course.

Lake Leelanau, Michigan