Stonegate Golf Club

Stonegate Golf Club & Community
Scorecard for Stonegate
Black M: 71.5/134 344 182 369 490 386 598 220 388 344 3321 318 538 393 392 147 399 413 171 470 3241 6562
Blue M: 69.3/124 316 148 353 465 346 558 171 349 337 3043 304 533 341 374 137 365 409 145 460 3068 6111
White M: 67.4/118 W: 72.8/131 309 128 329 424 339 534 153 342 331 2889 239 510 332 352 120 332 395 126 434 2840 5729
Red M: 63.9/108 W: 68.4/123 287 97 310 378 303 398 140 305 293 2511 220 458 283 311 85 292 334 106 367 2456 4967

Year Built 2004
Architect Pat Grelak (2004)

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2015 #4)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #19)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2015 #49)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #18)

Great value

Great course great value always a great place to play!

Great value

Went to the course and ate lunch before playing. Food was good and staff very friendly. I spoke briefly with the pro shop staff. He allowed us to start early. He described the course to help us enjoy our round. It was good to hear someone so enthusiastic about their course. The holes wind through trees but has fair landing areas. Greens were smooth and rolled true. Bring mosquito repellent as they were out if you got close to the woods.

Stonegate

This course challenges you on most holes, the tee box’s need some attention seems as though the crabgrass. Is having it way in some places. Always a good place for lunch after playing.

Buzz Kill

I am apaulled to have had to pay $57 to golf at $25 value golf course. I had an early tee time and the Bar was closed, and I couldn’t even enjoy a Bloody Mary for my round. What golf course offers such poor hospitality while charging a Country Club Rate. Last year when I played with my Grand Rapids friends we were able to enjoy a Bloody Mary and some Buds to take on the course, the Golf Pros made sure we were stocked and ready to go; this year we couldn’t even purchase a water- what a joke. When the bar FINALLY opened the older black haired bar keep wouldn’t even turn around to wait on my friends and I and she was speaking negatively about the staff in the Pro Shop, very unprofessional comments. All of the tee boxes were brown/diseased, the course in horrible shape and I fixed 3-5 ball marks on each green. They should’ve paid me to play. I will never be back, such a poorly managed course and a disappointment as it definitely has great potential. What happened to last years staff? They seemed to have it together.

Response from Stonegate Golf Club on 07/27/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us, and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the amenities and conditions. Here at Stonegate we strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. We always look to improve, and we hope you will be able to see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you again for the review.

Hope to play again

Beautiful well maintained in all respects.

Course is challenging for all golfers.

Lots of trees as it is in a forrested area.

Lost a few balls and four a few.

The course is an hour drive for us or we would play it more frequently.

One of my favorites

Stonegate is definitely one of my favorite places to play and enjoy the clubhouse bar & grill. Great food and drink choices. Awesome atmosphere and friendly service! Have not been disappointed yet, and have played at least once or twice a year for the past 3 years. Bought a great Stonegate shirt in the pro shop this year. Spreading the word to my friends that Stonegate is a definite golf course to put on their schedule when planning their next golfing trip.

Great staff...Ty Love was the best! Good food.

Played mid morning and got off a little ahead of tee time. Course was in great shape and the greens were at a fair speed. very much enjoyed the lay out of the golf course.

stonegate never disapoints

We make the 45 minute drive to stonegate at least 2-3 times a year.My wife and I love the layout of this course,it is always well groomed and fair to the ladies.We showed up a bit early for our tee timeand a large outing was just finishing play and headed in for their lunch,and the gentleman in the clubhouse told us just to roll on out when we were ready,as no one else was on the course at that time.The greens rolled nice,fairways were clean,and the people that work there always make you feel welcome.Nice job!

Good Value, Enjoyable Course

Greens were a little rough, but overall coarse was in good condition.

The course is in great shape, Greens was fast. Not a flat putt on the course, really challenging. Fun place to play

outstanding course

One of my favorite courses with challenges that require every club in your bag to be used.

Great pro and staff to make sure you have a great round.

Greens are a challenge....

We played on a record breaking hot day in September...but the shade of the trees made life tolerable.....and a good round!

When i do get a membership...

This is the course i will get a membership at when im ready. Great place, great people, very friendly. Playable but not too easy. Always in great shape. A have course to play if you haven't.

Great all around experience!

Stonegate has a long flowing layout making it feel like each hole is secluded from others.

The staff is very friendly, prompt, and ready to make it a great experience.

There are plenty of options on the menu and the chef does a fantastic job preparing the meal.

This is a must play course!

An overpriced $20 course.

They charge too much to play this $20 golf course. Average course layout but could be in better condition, divots weren't replaced, sand traps weren't raked, and a lot of ball marks on the greens. Some of the holes were laid out poorly and should be changed to make it more playable. Probably will not be returning to play it again even though I live very close to it.

Response from Stonegate Golf Club on 09/06/2017:
Hello Nick, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stonegate Golf Club, in the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo area. We are sorry to hear that our course may not have been in the best shape when you played and that it was not good value for the money. However, we are happy to see that you found our staff friendly and that you had a smooth pace of play. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Stonegate Golf Club

Front nine very challenging. Played from blue tee boxes, 6100 yards. Gotta keep in in the fiarway off the tee or you'll be putting up double bogeys all day long.

Excellent restaurant/bar staff and service. Have been playing the course since in opened. Great layout. Just wish the course was kept up. 99% of the time you end up in a trap it hasn't been raked in weeks. Weeds growing out of some of them. Tee boxes and fairways look great. Greens are in the worst shape I have ever seen them. Too many ball marks all over that never get fixed due to overplay and the clientele of golfers has declined so they honestly don't have a clue on what a ball mark repair tool is. Very inconsistent roll due to this and they are much slower than they used to be.

Response from Stonegate Golf Club on 09/08/2017:
Hello Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stonegate Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that parts of the course, specifically the greens and the bunkers, were in poor shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It sounds like you still enjoyed the course layout and it looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for your loyalty to our course, in the Grand Rapids area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

This is a great track! The course is in great condition and plays very well.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019