Style Traditional

Situated near the Webhannet River and just minutes from the ocean, Old Marsh Country Club started as swampy marshland before being transformed into a traditional, Florida-style golf course set amongst a beautiful coastal landscape. The challenging layout demands strategy and will definitely test your skills, but the more difficult elements are balanced by generous landing areas. Keeping the ball towards the center of the fairway is the key to many of the holes or else you'll be met with tricky hazards. The seventh hole, named "Pinehurst," is a particularly memorable hole. Designed as an homage to the famous North Carolina course's putting surfaces, this par-4 requires you to keep your ball in play off the tee to a circular landing area before a second shot to an undulating green.

Year Built 2008
Architect Brian Silva (2008)

Massachusetts Advisor

Going From Bad to Worse

Made my annual visit to Old Marsh on a nice day. It was odd that as I paid, there scorecards on the counter but no pencils. I asked the attendant for a pencil and he said "there are probably some on the steering wheels of our carts out there." I was not taking a cart, but I did in fact find a decent used pencil on a cart. As early as the first hole I could tell that course maintenance was being neglected much like the pencils. Some fairways were partially mown and others were more weed covered than grass. On the 11th fairway a mighty, mature weed was towering over my Titleist. Sand traps were totally unkempt and some greens had bare spots. This surprised me because I thought the new owner Resurrection Golf was supposed to do a better job on course care than the previous owner Harris Golf. I left feeling ripped off. Old Marsh has now fallen to the level of other mediocre local courses like Sanford, that charges a fair $39 for 18 holes with cart. I think the playing and paying public should be warned about the serious downturn Old Marsh is taking. It has clearly gone from bad to worse in terms of it's management and maintenance.

1st time I've ever given an honest 5 stars!

I had the pleasure of playing Old Marsh 2 days during a vacation trip to Wells, Maine. Been going here 30 years and played pretty much every course as it came along and/or was a new design and this was my 1st time at Old Marsh. The golf course is phenomenal ... the facility is impeccable but most importantly the friendliness of the staff and their openness to a late day tee-time without you feeling like you were going to be keeping them late for your cart to get in was the best part. Great price in a very nice reception by the staff led me to playing both solo and with family another day. OM was very welcoming and from a golf perspective a truly challenging course (with the exception of a few holes that the houses are a little close on). I would say it's the best value and best course in Southern Maine . area. Then playing and honestly reviewing courses for decades and this is the 1st time I played at a location right thought 5 stars were appropriate in every category! Where I thought 5 stars were appropriate and every category

OldMarshOuting

We enjoyed our outing - course was not well defined. We started on the back nine and couldn't tell where the 10th hole was going. Not much input from the staff. Homes built extremely close to the course distracted from our play.

Course has gone down hill

Played this course about 3 years ago, looks like it's slowly going downhill. My guess the Harris group is in money trouble. Good layout, play was slow, 5 hour round, no ranger, fairways ok, tee boxes good, greens soft and slow, fringe areas and rough is shabby, looks like no aeration of fairway etc. plus no fertilization. If in the area for vacation, Cape Neddick is better, if you can get into York G&T (private) it's a gem.

Old Marsh

Target golf with tons of bunkers and blind shots. Name is appropriate, literally built on the marsh...lots of water and waste areas.

Wet but Fun

OM Staff was helpful and considerate, some holes are challenging with many open fairways. Club house and restaurant are accommodating.
Golf Now went above and beyond in their service
and I would highly recommend using them and will be my first choice for Tee times.

Great time

The course was in great shape
Liked the layout. The directions from golf now we're not correct
Need to turn where it says golf course not on the road a mile down

Fun Layout, Great Deal

Fun, challenging layout with tons of fairway bunkers, waste areas and hilly lies. Course was a little wet in early May, and greens still recovering from treatment last year but still very playable and rolling true enough to sink some putts. Worth every penny of $20 Hot Deal on GolfNow but I'll also look forward to returning in the summer.

Can't go wrong early season when you get a hot deal for 20. Front nine looked a bit jammed up so we went off the back and was smooth sailing. A bit wet but once we get some sunny days sure it will be fine.

Greens were airated

I would not have travel 60 miles to first time play a course if I had know that the greens airation holes were not even filled with sand. Should be listed when they post these Hot deals in golfnow

Very enjoyable place to play. I would try it again. It takes time to figure out greens.

Golf in Southern Maine

Great spot in southern Maine, close to the beaches and easy drive up from Mass. Nice putting and chipping green but NO range to warm up.

Commented on 09/22/2016

You can warm up into the screens....not the best setup for it does the job

Decent course

The greens are great and the course is well maintained but didn't hit driver until 18 - was all hybrid and 3 iron - on par 4 10 th hit 8 iron - I dont care for that kind of golf but the condition of the course still made it a good day

Windy day..

Started on 10th, which is good, because I believe that 7th, 8th and 9th hole are quite a strong finish...First time on the course, hit a monstrous drive on 10th, right in the middle of a hidden marsh...Score card could help us a little bit more,we the tourists...or a GPS may Be? Anyway, really nice course, impeccable greens, burnt fairways here and there but I enjoyed everything, even my triple bogey...

Old Marsh

Fun course to play. Requires accurate target golf or else you lose a lot of balls and post a "huuge" score.

challenging course

Enjoyed the course but it would have helped if there was a GPS on the cart to indicated what lies ahead , lots of blind shots .

Nice layout and well conditioned. Keep it in play off the tee and pars and birdies are available. Stray off the fairways and your ball will be lost so play safe. Our first time and we will definitely return.

Great day with friends

Was extremely hot day which made the play a little harder. We intended to do 18 holes but stopped after nine since the weather was over 90. It was a very challenging course but a lot of fun. Lost a lot of balls during my game though.

Cape Neddick, Maine
Sanford, Maine
Kennebunkport, Maine
South Berwick, Maine
York, Maine
Arundel, Maine
Dover, New Hampshire

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.