Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club - North Course

Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club offers two championship courses, the North and the South. Both courses sprawl across a verdant landscape covered with mature oaks, lakes, and ponds. The terrain is unusually hilly for Florida. Like the South Course, the North Course is undulating with a lot of movement but it has even greater elevation changes than the South, which provides scenic views of the surrounding community. On a clear day, golfers can see at least five miles to the northeast from the second tee. The North has a more modern layout that plays a little bit longer. Although the golf courses are nestled amongst rolling hills, Lake Jovita is situated just 30 minutes north of Tampa. The unique hilliness of the courses and their convenient location have made them some of Florida's must-play courses.
Lake Jovita - North Course
Black (W) 72 5522 yards 70.9 122
Scorecard for North Course
Gold M: 74.7/139 557 225 461 187 360 510 427 448 413 3588 526 420 440 158 462 541 407 198 486 3638 7226
Blue M: 72.8/135 527 216 437 160 345 502 400 415 390 3392 517 394 417 149 426 517 400 189 462 3471 6863
White M: 70.4/132 W: 75.7/135 488 190 403 136 325 490 350 402 381 3165 486 373 388 124 376 467 351 161 408 3134 6299
Green M: 67.8/125 W: 73.0/129 464 177 363 132 306 455 308 360 330 2895 476 300 340 120 310 460 341 157 385 2889 5784
Red M: 64.9/119 W: 69.4/121 427 147 363 116 278 420 308 334 250 2643 390 300 340 107 277 407 288 118 314 2541 5184
Family M: 61.1/109 W: 63.5/109 303 120 254 110 219 303 216 240 240 2005 292 214 275 91 270 320 251 118 260 2091 4096

Year Built 2002
Greens Tifeagle
Architect Kurt Sandness (2002)

Dress code Collared shirt, slacks or shorts (walking short length) are preferred: work-out shorts or denim are not allowed.

Playing Multiple Courses 42

Worth the drive.

Nice layout. There's room off the tee on the front 9, tightens for a few holes on the back. Greens have a lot of subtle movement, hard to see the little breaks. Overall in great condition. Try it.

Played as a twosome and under 3 1/2 hrs on a hot deal rate. Course and greens were in great shape, but sand traps were unkempt. Very little sand and most were not raked.

Overall a good day o golf on a almost private course.

Lake Jovita North

First time there. Will definitely play there again. Had a great deal from GolfNow. Aerification gave the deal but greens were in great shape.. Must stay in fairways. Only played 13 holes, heat was unbearable. Only saw cart girl once and she was out of stuff we wanted.

Bunkers are compacted and no fluff. Otherwise nice track.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 10/01/2018:
Thank you so much for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course, please come back and visit us soon.

The course was in great shape despite all of our rain.

Excellent course and in great condition. Greens were outstanding and rolled true. Really challenging as well.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 09/18/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Lake Joviat Golf & Country Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

Terrific Layout

Course is a real good test. Golfer needs to use all clubs to get around this well conditioned course. Super greens. I’ll be back.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 09/12/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review of Lake Jovita! Glad to hear you enjoyed your round. Can't wait to have you back here.

Course in great shape despite all the rain

Course was mostly in great shape. The greens were in great shape for the most part except a few small areas which seems be unavoidable this time of year. With all the rain, a bunch of holes were cart path only which became a pain in the later part of the round when the heat became brutal and slowed play down a bit.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 09/12/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Lake Jovita. We are thrilled that you enjoyed one of Tampa's finest golf courses. Please come back and see us soon.

Gotta Love It

This is a great golf course. Fairways are gorgeous, greens are fast and excellent, the views are wonderful. There is nothing not to like about this course. If you haven't been here, you're missing a great experience. Excellent conditions lead to better scores.

The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because I haven't yet played Pebble Beach, Augusta, and a lot of other courses that the pros consider great. I'm guessing those are 5 stars. As a non-member, I will play here as often as I can.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 09/07/2018:
Thank you so much for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club. Despite us not being Pebble Beach, glad to hear you still enjoyed our golf course. Hope to see you again soon!

challenging South Course.

Had a great time on a challenging golf course. Great value with the golfnow discount.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. Glad to hear you enjoyed your round and enjoyed the price. Please come back and visit us soon.

A Beauty

This is a beautiful golf course. Lots of wonderful vistas, even the neighborhood is great looking. Course was in excellent condition, greens rolled really well and were fairly fast. Lots of elevation changes makes for an interesting round.

The only criticism is that most of the traps are washed out. I assume they are waiting for the rainy season to end before restoring them. But I found that to me a minor problem.

Will definitely be back. Highly recommended.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for the kind words of Lake Jovita. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course and you would recommend us. Please come back and visit us soon.

A must play

I played Lake Jovita North for the first time this week. Have been playing golf all over FL for 15 years and wish I would of had played sooner. I’ll definitely be coming back for the South course.

The North course is challenging if you miss fairways. There are a bunch of scoring opportunities if you can hit your spots. There is some great Florida style elevation changes too which are an added feature I really enjoyed (its Florida, elevation changes aren’t too common).

Plus the course has a full men’s/women’s locker room. I was able to hit the showers before heading to a business event. And I can’t forget to mention the food. I had the buffalo chicken wrap and coleslaw, which exceeded my expectations. That may be all I ever order when I make it back.

Plus, plus there are villa options if you want to stay and play. I travel into the area often and would prefer to bunk in a villa w/ some tee times.

All in all Lake Jovita is a must play and a track I’ll recommend to everyone I know!

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 07/20/2018:
We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed playing Lake Jovita. Thank you for the 5-star review and the kind words. Please come back and visit us soon.

Decent golf

Basically, the South course is in OK condition, not pristine as it was for a few years.The bunkers are in need of repair, an ongoing issue for the past 10 years.Sand is highly variable with many washouts and collapsed edges.The excuse that many are flashed does not hold up having played Southern Dunes recently.That course has flashed bunkers and they are immaculate.There were no washouts and the edges were neatly trimmed.The greens at LJ were not bad for summer greens.I think it is fair to say the course looks "tired" after 19 years of play.This is largely due to owners who think mediocre is good.Their apparent approach is to have more golfers at a cheap rate rather than a premium rate with less traffic.The day rate is less of what Southern Dunes charges.Southern Dunes is immaculate and Lake Jovita is not, which is a shame.It is clear why the PGA Tour stopped using LJ as a Q-school site.But,$35 a person is not a bad rate on a Monday when few people are on the course.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 07/18/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. We are sorry to hear you think so little of Lake Jovita. We assure you are one of the best course in Tampa.

Lake Jovita Pure Players Coursr

Greens in great shape. Starter shared limited info ( we figured out pin positions ourselves). Layout takes a couple of rounds to figure out. Pace of play was great - under four hours. Bunkers a plenty.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. Glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us!

Not Worth spending the day

This was our 3rd time to Lake Jovita and was looking forward to a great day of golf! My wife and I had an 11:30 tee off time and was paired with a single. The pace of play was horrible, It took 2:45 just to play 10 holes, so we decided to go home. Life is too short, and we will not be back and recommend this course to anyone

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the review of Lake Jovita. Sorry to hear the pace of play was slow while you were here.

Great layout, fast greens.

Great day at Lake Jovita. Staff was excellent. Only gripe would be that the holes were pushed way to hard into the ground creating an odd change in the level of ground around the pin. Also, staff I encountered on the turn didn’t know where to exchange the divot sand for the cart.

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. Glad to hear you enjoyed your round and the staff was friendly. Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Lake Jovita on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. We are glad to hear you like us! Come back and visit us soon.

Awesome course, Ranger Needed!

This was such a great course, lot of rain lately so there were a lot of cart path only holes, not bad until you get behind a very slow foursome!!

Response from Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Lake Jovita on 07/09/2018:

Wonderful

Great course. wide Fairways. Some carries are a liittle long for a older golfer from whites. Big greens. definately not your basic Florida golf outing

Response from Lake Jovita Management on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Lake Jovita. Please come back and visit us soon.

Good course except for the punched greens

The course was a pretty good course except would have liked to know that the greens were just punched. Also the bunkers were full of water. Lost 2 balls in the bunkers cause of water. The staff wasn’t the friendliest except the starter.

Response from Lake Jovita Management on 06/19/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Lake Jovita. Glad to hear you enjoyed the round here. Please come back and visit us soon.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019