The Ridge Golf & Gardens

Gift this Course
  • 17487 Robinson Rd, Marysville, OH 43040
  • theridgegolf.com

Year built: 2003
Architect(s): Jodie Kinney (2003)
Type: Public
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bent Grass

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

The rolling countryside occupied by The Ridge Golf & Gardens (formerly known as Buck Ridge Golf Course) provides an ideal landscape for a round of golf. The nearby farmhouses add to the course's rustic appeal. The layout closely follows the natural contours of the land and trees, ponds, and landscaping were tactfully added to blend seamlessly with the natural terrain. There are a total of five ponds, which come into play on eight holes. A number of bunkers are strategically placed around the large greens and there are also rough areas to watch out for. Although the golf course is relatively young, the skillful use of the mature trees makes it seem as though it has been around much longer. The eighth hole, the layout's longest par 3, is one of the toughest. It plays directly over water to the right side of the green. Before playing The Ridge Golf & Gardens, golfers can warm up on the large practice green.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Nice track after a rough winter"

HDOSS's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

Greens are in recovery mode and assume the sand traps are part of the current refresh maintenance efforts as appears to be under new ownership. Lots of work ahead but could become a phenomenal track if returned to original conditions. Good luck to the new owners!

"Worst I’ve played!"

Brock4370969's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

This was absolutely the worst course ive played. They should have warned us of the condition of the course. Fairways and rough weren’t cut. Greens were patchy and a disaster. The staff was friendly. The clubhouse was updated. It’s obvious it has new owners but I feel like I was robbed for money playing with those conditions.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from The Ridge Golf & Gardens on 05/14/2018:

Hello, on behalf of The Ridge Golf & Gardens b staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"New management"

Jon4109097's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

The course is under new management and they are making an overhaul on the course. New sod on the greens, etc. Its a work in progress but still a great value.

"Shocking how bad"

CraigM's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

Such a shame. Not one good thing to say. It’s unplayable. We should have walked off.

Response from The Ridge Golf & Gardens on 05/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Ridge Golf & Gardens, in the Marysville, OH area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.<br/>

BERTBERTRAN's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Played late in the season so didn't expect great conditions but... Several holes were virtually unplayable because they were completely covered in leaves (couldn't find a ball in the fairway or on the green). Most greens were damaged (fungus?) to the point of having to move your ball to be able to attempt a put.

Response from The Ridge on 12/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, The Ridge in the Columbus area. We're very sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best conditions on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work towards any necessary improvements. It looks like you did enjoy our staff so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great Deal!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Played this course a couple of times many years ago. After reading some reviews (after booking my tee time), I was somewhat apprehensive. Fears were quickly diminished. For the price, you can't beat it. Sure there are some short comings on the conditions, mostly the bunkers....greens did have some brown spots, but did see watering going on. For the price, pace of play, and layout...I would recommend to others.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 10/03/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to hear that your round was a great value for you and that you had a smooth round. It sounds like the course still needed a little work, especially on the bunkers, and your feedback is appreciated. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Columbus area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kevin91581's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 09/22/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and that you may not have enjoyed the course layout. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It looks like your round was a great value for you, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course, in the Columbus area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"It's been 10 years since I last played here..."

liu374's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Pros: price, layout, pace of play, staff.

Cons: tee boxes, greens, course conditions.

Tough to be mad about a round of golf with cart for under $30 but it would make a big difference if the greens were in a lot better shape. That all being said, I would play it again as a nice early or late season tune-up. Staff is awesome.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 09/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to see that you found so many aspects enjoyable while playing your round with us! We do apologize if the greens and tee boxes may have not been in the best shape that day, but appreciate the feedback so we can make improvements. Thank you for recommending our course in the Marysville, OH region and we look forward to having you again soon.

"Don't waste your time"

u406820453's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

This course is a dump. Can't tell the difference between the fairway and the rough. There are very few puts you will have where you're not putting over dirt. The carts hardly work and the cart path is half covered in grass. Don't waste your time playing here unless your taking someone out here to play for the first time.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 09/05/2017:

Hello Matthew, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course, in the Columbus area. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience with our course, especially with regards to the poor course conditions. However, we are happy to see that you enjoyed our course layout and that you found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/28/2017

Course was run down as it was going through bankruptcy. Changes are already being made. Please give them some time to get it back up and running and then come back. I think you will find amazing improvements!

"I love the layout."

lfish's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

I love playing this course. Everyone is very friendly. The love the doglegs and the mature tree lined fairways on 11, 12 & 18.

Some of the green are crusty, and cart paths need some gravel.

But give this gem a try.

jcohill's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 08/22/2017:

Hello Joshua, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course, in the Columbus area. We are sorry to see that you played our course during poor conditions and that you felt it was not good value for your money. However, we are glad to see that you enjoyed the pace of play and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 08/22/2017:

Hello Jared, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course, in the Columbus area. We appreciate your feedback on our course conditions. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our course layout and that you found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Awful conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

While the layout of this course is excellent, with a very challenging front nine, and some great shape to the greens, the course was in awful condition.

All of the greens and fairways had large areas where there was no grass from being burnt or dead. And I don't mean just a spot here and there, I'm talking 1/3 of the greens. And with all the rain that we have had recently here in Ohio to say that I was disappointed would be a bit of an understatement.

The overall condition of the course was an un-mitigated dumpster fire.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 07/27/2017:

Hello Gus, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry that the course conditions were not up to par, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Buck Ridge and we hope to earn your business again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

"Buck Ridge"

Billyip28a's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was not in good condition. Plenty of rough patches of grass and with weeds all over.

I would not recommend.

Thanks.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 08/04/2017:

William, we are sorry to see the 2 star review. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback-- it is very helpful to our team. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the staff, but will take steps to improve the conditions of our course. We hope you'll give us the chance to earn your business again in the future.

"Good front 9"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

I like the layout of the back 9, but it is in terrible shape. Much better front 9. Next time I play here I'll play the front twice.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 08/02/2017:

Hi Thomas, thank you for taking the time to review Buck Ridge Golf Course. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the pace of play and layout. Your feedback is important to us, especially as we improve the back 9. We hope you'll join us again soon for a better round!

"Need some water"

u000007711941's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

The ground was very hard and the grass was almost brown. Course needed watered big time.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 08/04/2017:

Anousone, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Buck Ridge Golf Course. We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark with your experience. We will consider your feedback as we continue to improve our course. We hope that you'll give us the chance to earn your business again and join us for a better round in the Columbus area.

"Fast Paced Round"

u000004720619's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017

Two of us played 18 holes in less than 3 hours and enjoyed the layout. Buck Ridge has a few demanding par 4s (6,14) and the par 3's/5's are a great mixture of designs/doglegs and distances. The maintanence crews were out working on the course/greens and the hospitality was 5+ by the crew and pro shop. The greens need some work, but overall, it's a fun course to play.

"Affordable & Friendly Staff"

dinojoo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

1. Very affordable - $22 (via golfnow) on Sunday.

2. Friendly staff.

3. Green was in good condition.

4. Golf Course is fun to play.

5. Cart path is not paved and extremely bumpy. Expect to inhale some dust. Driving on cart path could heart your back.

If they paved the cart path, I would love to play during fall season.

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 06/13/2017:

Hello Joo, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the pace of play and found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Course"

golfwoods1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Course needs Scoot's lawn service to control weeds and improve greens

Response from Buck Ridge Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Hello Steve, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our golf course, but we are glad you found our staff friendly. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to earn your business again.