East/South at St. Johns Golf Club

The East/South at St. Johns Golf Club is comprised of two distinct nines that feature a varied landscape of Florida wetlands, towering pines, and native foliage. The third nine, the North, allows the club to have three different 18-hole combinations. The golf courses also home to an abundance of native wildlife, further enhancing the beautiful natural setting. East/South features mounded fairways and large greens. A notable hole on the East nine is the challenging par-4 sixth, it requires a carry across a lake that stretches nearly all the way to the elevated green where there is a treacherous pot bunkers awaiting.
St. Johns Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Robert Walker (1989) Robert Walker (1999)

19th Hole Specials 9

NIce course

Friendly staff, greens are really nice. No issues, except my friend cheats !

Solid course

This is a solid golf course.

It plays like a links/traditional Florida golf course.

The open holes have had a lot of wind every time I’ve played it.

And the other holes are “target” golf

Fun

Great Shape

this course is in great shape, greens near perfect and rolling like a championship course.

Fast pace to play

We played with 2 sum on Sunday morning, but, we played very fast. Almost no waiting time even at Par 3 on Ftont 9,. We had a few waiting time on Back 9, but, it was very miner. And, I was very good and able to breakthrough my best score for 6 years. The course is well maintained for both fairways and greens. The fairways are much wider than other courses in this area.

I’ll be Back!

Very much enjoyed the course. The greens are rolling pretty well and consistent. I really like the layout and the pace of play was very good. The rough is a little long but I’m guessing it’s for the upcoming tournament. Fairways also are in good shape. I’ll be back soon, maybe this week!

Just OK

Nice layout. Mediocre conditions. Probably be the only time I visit this course. The staff was great and pace of play was good..... until I ran into 2 VERY slow back-to-back groups. They wouldn’t even look back to see about playing through, which was frustrating. Ended up just skipping a hole and going around them. $40 is a bit much for a course of this caliber, but I did like the layout. Overall I’d rate it a 2.5 out of 5.

Course needs TLC

Used Golf Now to reserve tee times and checked the online course info and no mention of any issues with the course. Arrived a bit early so took advantage of the driving range, chip area and putting green. Driving range was fine, chip area was good, putting green was not the best. When ready we were told to start. Right off the 1st tee and to the green we noticed the greens had been worked on with quite a bit of sand making putting very difficult and choppy. All greens were the same and most fairways were being worked on and sloppy. There was no rhyme or reason to course play and had groups starting on top of one another. Way to fast and not managed correctly. Made for rushed play which ultimately ruined our game play. The worst round of golf I have played and the rest of my group felt the same. The best part of the day was when lighting interrupted and we all had to stop. Since we were already disappointed with the front nine we decided to not wait for what would have made for a long back nine and did not even care to ask for a rain check, not worth it. Until they get this course right I would not recommend spending the money. Do your research, call the course a head of time and ask about any issues with the course. It was my son's birthday present and he was appreciative of the gesture but had a horrible time which made me feel even worse.

A very well maintained course at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, we had a sudden cloud burst which continued for an hour. The course was wet, but I had it all to my self. I have played this course many times over the years and always return with hopes of shaving off a few strokes. NOT TODAY!

Great Layout but greens still need help

I love the layout and the overall course is in great condition the greens are still rough but playable. Very slow greens but I still love this course I just look forward to getting greens repaired or replaced. Ripe and Ready bar and restaurant is excellent with everything fresh and even the fries are cut fresh.

Saint Augustine, Florida