Carved from a forest of pines and winding through wetlands and lagoons, St. Johns Golf & Country Club offers a scenic 18-hole round located between St. Augustine and Jacksonville. The course features tree-lined fairways and large, fast greens. There is also the occasional two-tiered green to look out for. Water hazards come into play throughout and there are several well-placed bunkers. Depending on how the wind is blowing, the course can range from being gentle to very demanding. Six sets of tees make the course accessible to players of all skill levels. In addition to the course, St. Johns Golf & Country Club also offers extensive practice facilities including a 10,000 sq. foot putting green, chipping green, and a double-sided driving range.

St. John's Golf and Country Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Clyde Johnston (2001) MacCurrach Golf (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "St. Johns' Learning Center and Practice Facility"
Golf Simulator Yes

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Beautiful layout...almost great

Played the course for the first time on Friday in a fund raiser for college scholarships in a Captain's choice format.

Loved the look of the course from the tee boxes. The course has an open feel...the homes set a good distance from the fairways.

The clubhouse and some areas on the course showed ongoing construction. The greens looked to be in transition...they rolled ok, but a lot of unfixed ball marks. The fairways were really thin and several areas were damp.

Lot of areas near the greens showed excessive wear from cart traffic being allowed to drive everywhere.

I will keep and eye on the reviews and wait for the conditions to tic up a little.

Slow play

Maybe this review is a bit unfair, but I will tell you the good with the bad. This rating may be skewed by the fact that I played with 3 less than competent golfers (1 hadn't played in 8 years, another whiffed 2 shots and topped 2 shots less than 10 feet).

I went out on a Thursday around 10:15am, hoping to finish in under 4 hours, and even with guys who weren't playing quickly or well, we still waited on most tee boxes. We finished in 2:20 or so, which isnt awful, but isnt great either. I think this course just has too much play.

The course was in good shape. There were a few cart path only holes that weren't as good, but that was to be expected given the amount of rain we have had. The greens were very quick and true, as always. The layout is good and many teebox options, so you can get a fair test. At 7200 yards and a 74 plus course rating from the gold, it can be a test.

I hadn't played here in a while, and wont be back for a while, unless I can find a less crowded day.

Rating my round of golf at St. Johns

The staff made us welcome from arrival and were very helpful. I can say the course was in excellent shape and I will be back

Commented on 08/24/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy our course and wonderful staff. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Good layout

Nice staff. Greens were not good. Looks like they were punched in the last couple of weeks. Pace of play was ok. Very thankful for the price of water $1 buy one get one. Also someone came by and asked if we wanted water. I’m sure the greens will be much better in the next couple of weeks.

Commented on 08/05/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Sjgcc

Course is fun. Greens awesome. The members are always friendly, helpful. A great atmosphere to be around.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

SJGC is in Great Shape

Course and greens were in great shape. Challenging layout for all levels. In my opinion, one of the best, if not the best public courses in the greater Jacksonville area.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, John! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Ask someone where the trouble is

Fantastic course! It had just been aerated, otherwise I would have given it all 5’s!!!
First time playing here, and it would have been nice to know where the hidden hazards are!!! There’s plenty

Need Rangers

The golf course was in great shape and would have been a lot more enjoyable if the groups ahead of us let faster play through or were held accountable by a ranger or golf shop staff. Two foursomes held play up for everyone behind them from our third hole on. There were open holes ahead of them and they never let anyone through. I confirmed that with the beverage cart and a member of the outside staff who drove by once. I would've definitely left had it not been for my brother playing with me from out of town and was leaving that evening. When you pay $60 to play you should be able to enjoy the experience but when you don't have rangers on the golf course or the golf professional staff making rounds, it's impossible to ensure that for everyone. The groups took near 5 hours to play - waited minutes on EVERY. SINGLE. SHOT. It was miserable. The golf course itself was in very good shape and worth the $60 we paid had pace of play not been a major problem.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the slow pace of play you experienced. We take your opinions seriously, and are constantly looking to improve the customer experience. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@stjohnsgolf.com to discuss your concerns further.

Quality track with outstanding greens

We play this course maybe 10-15 times a year and at the moment they have the clubhouse completely torn apart. We had a cake for a birthday celebration for a 96 year old who regularly shoots his age. Gathered around the front steps as there was no other choice, A guy walked by asked if he could help and we said we were about to have cake for a guy and 9 people would be there shortly. Walking away he turned and asked would a table in the shade help? What a class move!!!! That act says volumes for this facility. Turns out the guy was the regional manager for the company and got the table himself. Left a very positive impression!.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your time at the course. We can't wait to unveil the new clubhouse when it is complete, and appreciate your understanding while it's under construction. We look forward to having you back soon.

Great day for golf

Booked online for my wife and myself. Showed up in time to load up the cart. Take a cooler for water or other drinks, and snacks if you want them. There is a cart going around offering water from a cooler, but you need your own container. Not a problem for us. We had a great.day and can’t wait to go again soon.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to see your wife and you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Kindness to Old Duffers

My wife and I have recently retired and learning golf in our 70 ‘s .
Starter was very accommodating and group behind us were not pressuring us even with 12 min intervals .
We enjoyed our 9 holes and considering membership based on great experience .

Commented on 06/12/2020

Great layout and fast greens

The course provides a great challenging layout and the greens are almost like putting on ice. If you don’t like fast greens or a challenging layout, then this course is not for you.

The pace of play is a bit slow with walkers allowed during prime tee times but still worth it.

Greens have been v cut and sanded

Although the greens have been sanded they rolled ok....always enjoy the course

Request A Vacation Quote From Florida's First Coast of Golf
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Florida's First Coast of Golf will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Saint Augustine, Florida