Carved from a forest of pines and winding through wetlands and lagoons, St. Johns Golf & Country Club offers a scenic 18-hole round located between St. Augustine and Jacksonville. The course features tree-lined fairways and large, fast greens. There is also the occasional two-tiered green to look out for. Water hazards come into play throughout and there are several well-placed bunkers. Depending on how the wind is blowing, the course can range from being gentle to very demanding. Six sets of tees make the course accessible to players of all skill levels. In addition to the course, St. Johns Golf & Country Club also offers extensive practice facilities including a 10,000 sq. foot putting green, chipping green, and a double-sided driving range.

St. John's Golf and Country Club
Gray 72 5986 yards 70.0 118
Gray (W) 72 5986 yards 75.8 135
Scorecard for St. Johns
Gold M: 74.6/134 406 542 207 376 176 424 403 558 440 3532 403 415 565 186 400 460 557 212 453 3651 7183
Blue M: 72.3/130 378 503 183 340 155 396 373 536 418 3282 377 384 527 168 370 425 533 194 428 3406 6688
White M: 70.2/124 W: 75.7/131 362 493 167 325 143 365 350 501 389 3095 341 360 507 153 346 393 493 184 401 3178 6273
Silver M: 68.2/120 W: 73.7/126 338 456 137 306 123 340 328 473 358 2859 326 342 465 137 326 360 480 174 371 2981 5840
Red M: 65.1/114 W: 69.8/119 286 423 116 249 109 305 287 438 324 2537 283 295 450 105 286 335 453 134 324 2665 5202
Family W: 60.0/100 102 156 107 180 101 98 151 127 144 1166 122 108 186 98 103 160 218 129 107 1231 2397

Year Built 2001
Architect Clyde Johnston (2001) MacCurrach Golf (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "St. Johns' Learning Center and Practice Facility"
Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express Welcomed

Hot Day on the links

3 of us played on Tuesday July 9th. Very hot day, but it's that time of year. Course conditions were very good except for the greens. Many greens had patches that were plugged ,as if there was burnout or some disease had hit the greens. Greens were very fast and as a result the breaks were magnified.

Fairways, tee boxes, sand traps were in very good shape. Only thing that stopped me from giving a five star rating were the greens.

Have played here multiple times and will be back.

SJCC is a regular Course for me

I play SJCC 2-3 times a month. A great layout, friendly fairways and the greens are usually the best in the area for a public course. The employees treat you as if your a private club member.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your feedback. We have a great staff and are glad you think so too. We hope you enjoyed your round and hope to see you back again soon!

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Great course great value

I enjoyed the course layout and greens. Pace of play was slow for such a hot day. I would recommend this course to anyone that wants generous fairways and fast greens. They just punched them 2 weeks ago and didnt bother me. I had 4 birdies in the round. Staff was friendly as well. Dan from SC. 3 handicap.

Commented On 07/10/2019

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your review, Dan! Come back and visit us again soon.

Love playing here when I visit

It rained for a good 3-5 hours the day we played and we showed up for drinks not expecting to play. Rain slowed asked to go out as we had a 4 man as I was back for vacation. They let us out and it's amazing how much water this course can take and how well it drains. I expected to play in a swamp but there were only a few minor places that weren't play able but the green were still fast.

Best course in the area, if you find a hot deal under $40 nothing compares.

Water on most holes, have to play smart
Fast Greens, (plugged around 6/06/19)

This is a must visit when I visit the area.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review! Glad you enjoyed your round with us. Hope to see you again soon -- this time, hopefully in the sunshine!

Pace of play and aeration of greens

Greens were recently aerated, but are still fast. The pace of play was slow. Only saw the ranger on the 6th hole who said he informed the foursome two groups up to pick up the pace. Well, we never saw the ranger again and the foursome continued their slow play.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and the honest feedback- we take it seriously. It's our goal to keep our golfers on pace of play as much as possible. If you have any other comments or concerns, please reach out to us at info@stjohnsgolf.com. Thanks!

Started at pro shop, had to pay extra 53 dollars for two riders and there was no water in the coolers. Stopped at the turn and purchased a pack of crackers for 1.50. there was 4 crackers WTH. Overpriced

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your honest review and feedback. We work to continually improve on the customer experience and your comments are a top priority for us. Please reach out to us at info@stjohnsgolf.com to discuss this further. Thank you.

The course is a great layout!

The course was in great condition. the greens were aerated but still fast! Can not wait to play there again.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Sandy greens, wait to play

The greens and been punched and sanded a few days ago and it looked like they hadn’t even watered them afterwards. I didn’t have a problem with this, my problem was that it should have been noted when I made my reservation. Ruined my round. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, it was cart path only on most of the holes as well??? The only thing missing was a kick in the groin on the 1st tee to start my round.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and feedback- we take this seriously. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what it should have been. Please reach out to us at info@stjohnsgolf.com to discuss this further. Thank you.

Management is awesome!!

I have never played this course and erroneously gave it a bad review. Management contacted me immediately and was very attentive and courteous. I will be venturing to this course in the near future.

Sorry Guys
Poo

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for making up for that with this review! We appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

RUDE!!! RUDE!!!! CHAOS!!!!

I have played this course many times in the past and never had a problem so a few weeks ago when I had a bad experience I considered it a fluke.... until now! The staff is Rude!! The course was chaos golfers jumping all over , picking what ever holes they wanted to play, no rhyme nor reason. My friend and I paid for 18 and were told after 14 it was time for us to go in as it was too dark(North East Florida sunset is 830 and dusk last for another hour)It was 730 PM plenty of light and no cut off time had been announced when we paid to play. Residents were emerging from their homes and chipping on the greens! One guy had multiple balls all over the pin and refused to move after repeated calls of "FOUR!" The cart attendant told us time to go and let the resident chip on and told another pair it was fine if they finished!!?? We won't play here again.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We take this seriously and are very sorry that you did not have a good experience. Please reach out to us so we can see what we can do to earn back your business and continue this conversation at info@stjohnsgolf.com.

SJGCCGolfShop
Commented On 06/08/2019

We first would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We use all comments received as training tools, both for areas of improvement and to use as tool to reinforce positive actions. We certainly will use your comments as a training tool for improvement.

Second, we would like to apologize for the experience and service you received at St. Johns Golf & Country Club. It is not our norm as we receive very positive reviews for staff friendliness and service. In this case we failed to meet your expectations, as well as our own.

We would love the chance to discuss this further. Please contact our General Manager, Ben Pasquith, bpasquith@stjohnsgolf.com, with the best way to connect with you.

Thank you again for the feedback and we apologize for the experience you received.

Sincerely,

St. Johns Golf & Country Club

Hidden Gem of North Flordia

St John’s golf and country club is one of north Florida’s hidden gems. With a beautiful course matched with friendly staff, makes this my favorite course to play over and over. Great practice facility. Well mancuried fairways and tour level greens. The pro shop carries all the standard items with a wide selection in ball if needed (no Bridgestone’s as of 6/9). The grille hours vary however if you can snag a fried chicken BLT wrap, I suggest you do! All in all a great golfing experience for every level.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and kind words about our staff and facility. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon.

Good course

Greens are very fast, a couple of them are being worked on but they put the pin in a place to were that wouldn’t effect you. Course needs to be watered more. Fairways are in good shape some burnt areas do to the high heat and no rain. I’ve played the two other courses within a mile of this one and this has been my favorite so far!

Commented On 07/10/2019

Excellent course with fast greens

Good greens that were very fast. Fairways in good condition. Sand traps well maintained. Cart attendant was very helpful.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again sometime soon.

My twosome was placed with another twosome. Our combined handicaps are 14 total between us both. We were placed with someone and his partner who has played exactly 4 times in the last 40 years. Why can't this site or the pro shop adjust groups accordingly?

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and the feedback. Other than the pairing, it sounds like you had an enjoyable round. We do our best to understand different golfer levels at time of check-in. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to see you back at our course again. If you have any other comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at info@stjohnsgolf.com.

The BEST in St. Augustine

As soon as you pull into the main drive leading to St. John's Clubhouse, you immediately get the feeling this is someplace special - and it is! You feel you're a member of a private club.

The staff is friendly and professional. The course is in great shape, and it's well defended with bunkers, water hazards, and some narrow fairways, however, you are rewarded for good shots.

I love the greens. They roll true and are just the right speed.

I look forward to playing St.Johns again soon!

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review! We're glad that we aced your experience! We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Nice day !

The course was in fine shape and quite user friendly. The greens were fine and we played quickly. For the money it was a great value. The staff was very professional and friendly. I’d go back !

Commented On 07/10/2019

We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable round and had a great experience with our staff. Thanks for your review and commentary. Hope to see you back again soon.

Great day at St Johns

This was the third time our group has played here on a buddies trip to JAX. Great course and conditions were good. Greens were fast! Had a cold beer in the very nice Clubhouse. Restaurant staff and the Head Pro were super friendly.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Hope your buddies trip was as fun as your round! Thanks for choosing St. Johns to make those memories at. Hope to see you back again soon!

Great Day!

My wife and I had a great experience. Clubhouse was and pro shop were very nice as was their friendly staff. Had a really good lunch before we played. The course itself was extremely enjoyable and a fantastic value. Greens were ok, but we actually ran into the general manager out on one of the greens who told us they were planning to redo/upgrade all of them with new turf. My only wish was for a cooler and more drinking water and to see the beverage cart more often.

Commented On 07/10/2019

I remember running into you and your wife! Thanks for your understanding with the greens. Thank you so much for your review and hope you visit us again soon!

Slow plat

Waited. On every shot, no ranger seen. Group in front did no stay with group in front..

Request A Vacation Quote From Florida's First Coast of Golf
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Florida's First Coast of Golf will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Saint Augustine, Florida