Style Links
Chestatee Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Denis Griffiths (1999)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Greens were lacking

Fairways were in good shape, but the greens were ragged. Some weeds, multiple divots, and several folks ahead of us were dragging their feet (of course, nothing the course could do about that).
Bermuda around the greens was very thick. I lost two balls in it!

Golfing with Ted

Ted joined me out there today. Or maybe I joined him. Either way we enjoyed each other’s company. He likes to talk, which was fine with me. We got out there early, with the morning dew wet and heavy. Speaking of heavy. If you hit it into the rough, you might as well take a bogey or worse. The greens were beat up a little. That’s probably due to the thousands of rounds being played because of corona. No beer for me today out there, a pat on the shoulder for that.

Mow

Not a bad course for the money but why is the rough six inches deep. That really ruined a good day for me. I mean this isn’t the us open just cut the grass. Why do I have to spend five minutes looking for a ball ten feet away from the green. Other than that the greens were sub par. Obviously they have the ball marks of a bent green course at the end of summer but looks less key disease has taken ahold of a few. I’m not trying to put thru sand. But even with the greens being so sad if the rough was reasonable this would be a decent 4 star course. The only plus was bartender was a smoke show. I would play again just to order another hot dog because I obviously brought my own beer.

Weekly round

Good course. Greens bumpy. Overall good course for money

A Little Disappointed

My son and I were looking forward to playing the course as we had never played it before. Check in was easy. The staff was friendly. Practice facilities were nice and the carts were in good shape. Unfortunately the day turned out to be a disappointment because of the condition of the course. We played with another group of two people and we all agreed with what I am about to post. Every green had dead spots all over it from where ball marks were either not repaired or improperly repaired. You could not putt without having to navigate the dead spots. We each hit several shots throughout the round that were in the fairway but bounced or rolled off into the rough 3'-4' off of the fairway or green. Because of the height of the grass (probably 4"-6") the ball would settle down to the ground and you could not find it unless you stepped on it. I would guess we each lost 4 or 5 balls that should have easily been found. We found several other balls that other people could not find and gave up on but lost our own. This made it extremely frustrating and slowed down play as you could imagine.

Overall not a good experience and, like others have posted here, I would probably not play here again until I see some more favorable reviews.

Rough!

Greens were in terrible shape from ball marks not repaired, crabgrass patches, and dead spots. Rough was way too long. Very difficult to find your ball which slows down play. Tee boxes and fairway should be cut shorter also. I won’t be back.

NOT WORTH TIME OR MONEY

The greens are just trashed - huge deadspots and full of crabgrass. Played there in the spring and can't believe how they have lost the greens. Wont ever go back!

NOT WORTH TIME OR MONEY

The greens are Chestatee are trashed - there are dead spots everywhere and a lot of crabgrass. I played earlier in the spring and couldn't believe how bad they have gotten. Will never go back! Makes Countryland look good

Rough is terrible and grrens are not good

Beware tat this course has U.S. open rough. We asked and they said they have let in grow due to the hot weather. The biggest problem is you cannot find you ball in this thick, deep rough. Pros have spotters and regular golfers do not. Be prepared to lose balls that are in play. They should give you two free sleeves of balls for these conditions. Also the greens are in poor shape with bad spots on may of them.

Maintenance Needs To Improve

The Outer fringe grass on the fairway and green need to be cut shorter as per so many similar adverse comments made by others. It was very frustrating as balls cannot be found in 5”-6” grass and it hampers slow play as time is spent looking for balls.
What was really bad on Wednesday play was that balls even go missing in the fairways as chunks of grass were not blown at all after cutting. It was really ...really ....really frustrating.
Moreover all the “Greens” condition are in bad shape.
Well, my wife and I love the challenging course layout and we play here weekly. However, we’ll skip this course until the greens get healed and more favorable reviews are made on the maintenance.

Course and clubhouse were nice but the fairway, rough, and tee boxes were way too high. Lost a lot of unnecessary balls .

Like this course

A few greens had been punched but this did not detract from an enjoyable round. Course generally in good condition. Greens a little slow but acceptable for this time of year. The best part was the pace of play once we got past 2 beginners on the 3rd! With no-one in front of us it was still a 3hr 20min round!

Normally great course but needs tlc

Course is normally in very good condition but in the last month or so course has taken a beating from too much play and nobody fixing ball marks. Rough is in dire need of cutting. Balls can be easily lost 6 inches from fairway. They were trying to cut some of the rough the day of play but looked more like bush hogging. I play here quite a bit and may not come back till cooler weather.

Decent course

The grass was really high on some parts of the course. High enough that you can hit a shot just short of the green and your ball is lost forever, or until the lawn mover finds it.

Some of the tee boxes had overgrown some also, I’m going to account this to the rain we have had lately and they could not put the movers out there.

Overall a decent course, the greens had just been aerated and will be fine once they settle.

Terrible Golf Course!

Terrible, golf course!
I never in my life wrote a bad review for golf courses. Sometimes, staff will be rude, course shape can be in a bad shape...
In life,....things happened.
We played 8-30th 4 of us played, we got an amazing deal for $240 for an online deal! Yes for a discounted high price of $60 per person. Greens were in horrible shape. And a young Marshall running around rude.
If you are a color of a person this place might not treat you right. Some golf courses will discriminate on the basis of race. This place might be one of them!
Terrible is the nicest word that I can think of this Chestatee Golf Club!

Dahlonega, Georgia