A view of the 15th fairway at Shale Creek Golf Club

Shale Creek Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Architect Brian Huntley (2006)

Dress code Collared shirt required

Commented on 10/31/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Shale Creek Golf Club!

My favorite area course

Shale Creek is my favorite course in the area. The conditions are great, Great layout and the staff is super friendly and helpful. I have two minor complaints. One is that it seems there are a ton of ball marks on the greens. I know golfers should be repairing their marks but for some reason the don't here and the course should keep up with it. Second, I think regular rates are overpriced. You can find some deals and they are in Tee Time Golf Pass which makes it a great deal, but I think the regular rate needn't be that high. However as I said, those are minor complaints, I LOVE Shale Creek and will continue to play here.

Beautiful!

Can’t believe it took me so long to play here! I almost never write reviews, but this course was so amazing I just had to let everyone know. Set up wonderfully, staff friendly and helpful, cart GPS worked well, and unbelievably manicured. Can’t wait to play here again

Commented on 10/04/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Overall nice course

Overall nice course. Good variety of holes. Will need to use most clubs in your bag. Some of the greens had significant scraping from mowers.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Hi Tim. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shale Creek Golf Club.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Excellent Staff

Great links design and the staff is very attentive and friendly

Commented on 09/13/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Hi Kevin. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club.

It's been better

Conditions have gotten worse this year. A nice layout. Staff is friendly enough. You normally pay a premium to play here, so the conditions should be better.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback in regards to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Bruce and Rick

One of the best courses in n e Ohio
Excellent fairways
Fast challenging greens

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Shale Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 08/28/2019

Hi, dlangowski. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Shale Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Shale is a nice course

Overall had a good experience. Golfed here for the first time for my birthday. I enjoy more scenic courses and hole layouts (a lot of holes run through a housing development) but the course itself was in great shape. The greens were a little used but very well taken care of even with the amount of play they’ve taken. Fairways were in beautiful conditions. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, price is a little higher than I would expect to pay for the course but overall this was a nice place to play a round.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Hi Jacob. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shale Creek Golf Club.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Excellent Golf

The course was extremely wet it still played very well greens were fast and true,bunkers need some help ,fairways are very good,love to play again when it is a little dryer big rain the night before

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you so much for the great review even with the wet conditions on the day you played. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club.

Nice layout. Challenge from all tees

Played Shale many times, from the whites to the tips. Requires a nice mix of shots. Facilities well maintained, from range to course to the lockers and restaurant.Solon

Shale Creek is a difficult yet awesome coarse to play. The facilities are great and I can not wait to go back.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hi Brian. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shale Creek Golf Club.

Ohio Advisor

Shale Creek is Fun in Great Shape

Course conditioning is good: greens, tee-boxes, sand in bunkers, etc. ProShop, starter, cart guy, all accommodating to the Hot Deals players (no less service for our discounted rate). The layout is awesome, with wide fairways, fairway bunkers to avoid, and rolling terrain. The greens are big enough for a few GiRs, but also undulated so you have to pay attention to avoid the 3putts. Greens were really holding well on this mid-day round, so be sure to pay attention to yardage to avoid the long putts. #17 was playing a club extra (little breeze affecting), and it's green is the toughest (with big swale in middle). We got rained on (passing t-storm), but the cart's hoods are quick to position over clubs/bag. Thanx for the Hot Deals Special to outstanding Shale Creek.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club.

I got my first hole in one on #11 par3 118yrds with a 9 iron !!! Great day ! Great course !

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hi, thanks for the four-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you got your first hole in one on #11. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Fix Bunkers and Sprinkler Heads

Shale Creek is a fantastic layout, greens are quicker than previous years. However, bunkers still need cleaned up and more sand added. Number 2 green and landing area is fried. Numerous sprinkler heads throughout the course are cracked underground and leaking. Rather than fixing the sprinkler lines, the maintenance staff ropes the areas off and does not mow them???

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

greens were a little wet I guess from previous night rain. Interesting, fair layout. overall a very good day

Commented on 07/24/2019

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club.

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.