Shale Creek Golf Club

Shale Creek Golf Club
Green (W) 71 5043 yards 68.8 118
Scorecard for Shale Creek
Gold M: 73.5/134 342 205 524 458 195 486 471 573 412 3666 359 171 419 424 557 191 569 209 461 3360 7026
Black M: 71.6/130 329 175 509 435 184 462 443 547 392 3476 349 168 406 367 532 173 551 192 438 3176 6652
Blue M: 69.8/125 316 163 496 424 173 444 419 533 369 3337 330 154 392 342 516 158 537 168 404 3001 6338
White M: 67.8/120 W: 73.8/128 291 147 487 396 152 417 394 508 357 3149 307 136 377 285 504 137 513 142 363 2764 5913
Green W: 68.8/118 272 115 417 323 127 358 337 449 297 2695 263 89 344 260 417 112 404 127 332 2348 5043

Year Built 2006
Architect Brian Huntley (2006)

Dress code Collared shirt required

Great Layout! Excellent Condition

Love playing this course. Tee boxes, fairways, and greens are always well groomed. Pin placement challenging. Today for some reason it seems they did not manage the pace of play. Had a twosome playing way too slow three groups up and no ranger in sight to speed them up. My buddy and I were forced to skip two holes in order to get to a better pace of play. If this course needed to do one thing better is manage the pace of play.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars. We appreciate your feedback regarding the pace of play and we are happy that you enjoy playing Shale Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to see that you had a great time out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice track

One of nicest courses in the area. I try to play it whenever i am in town. Tee’s for everyone.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 08/16/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy that you had a great round of golf at Shale Creek Golf Club the other day. Come back again soon!

Marginal at best

There was no staff to speak of. Waited for nearly 5 minutes for someone to show up in the pro shop. No ranger or starter. Just get in the cart and a free for all on the course. Slower than any round I have played this year. Greens were slower and bumpier than any other course I have played in the area. For what is supposed to be a higher end public facility it functions as a very low end course. You can tell there’s just no money left. I don’t know how they even keep the course open.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Hello Ross, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us the other day. We are not sure how what you are saying is possible, as we are well staffed throughout the facility. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fabulous course!

I booked a round on GolfNow, and was told the rest of my group would be there soon. After telling the starter I was alone, he let me out early, playing alone in the morning, to avoid any slowdowns. I work overnights, so that was greatly appreciated. All the employees were friendly, from when I arrived, as I finished my round, and when I was leaving.

The course was in great shape, and the greens were soft yet fast. I had my best putting round in a long time.

If you’re not a long hitter off the tee (which I am not), there will be a few times your second shot will be a layup. Then it’s generally an easy iron onto the green. Course management is very important at Shale Creek! I can’t wait to play it again.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 08/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for the awesome five-star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience both on the course and with our staff. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad to see that you had an overall positive experience with us the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad that you had a great time out there. Come back and see us again soon!
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 06/12/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to see that you had an enjoyable experience with us the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 06/08/2018:
Hello Andrew, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you had a good time out there the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 06/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad to see that you had a great round of golf with us the other day. We appreciate you stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 05/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to see that you had a good time out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 05/30/2018:
Hello Michael, thank you for the four stars. We are glad to see that you had an overall good time out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Always in great shape

Shale creek is always in great shape. Weather your playing after a drought or in this case after tons of rain. The course always prevails. There was heavy rain most of he night and until 10:15. Our tee time was at 8:50. Everyone else left the course but we waited out the storm and tees off right before the rain quit. Within 3 holes most of the standing water was all gone and the putts were stick pretty quick even tho the greens were wet. I play this course 6-10 times a year at full price or close to it, this day we got a hot deal and I got the course for half price. We weren’t able to take advantage this time, but one of the best things about this course is that they have free range balls. I always get here 90 min early to hit the range, chip, and putt before my rounds. The single downfall this time around was that even at the turn they had nothing at all to snack on as far as even a hot dog. But all in all shale creek is always a great experience.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 05/16/2018:
Hello William, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience out there despite the weather. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 04/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to see that you had an overall great round of golf out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Country Club Lifestyle!

Course is always immaculate. I wouldn’t pay normal rate, but thanks to golf now you can always find a deal! Give this course a try!

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 04/25/2018:
Hello Garrett, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you found our course in excellent shape and had a great time out there! We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:
Hello Robert, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and that you found our course to be in great shape! We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you out there soon!

Fall Golf

The course was in great condition, including the greens. The pace of play was also perfect. Can't beat weekday golf in the fall!

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:
Hello, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review. We are thrilled that you had a perfect round of golf at our course and that you found it to be in great shape! Thank you for playing with us, and we'll see you on the course!

Overrated

Course conditions were good and the greens were fast, but that's the only good thing I can say about this golf course. The layout winds through a residential neighborhood and you are liberally playing in someone's backyard on almost every hole. On one tee box a dog was about 40 feet away and barked at us continually. There is no scenic beauty and very few trees. I just don't understand why people like this course. Not my cup of tea. I won't be back and honestly wouldn't play it again if it were free. There are much better options in the area.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area. We are sorry to hear that our course was not to your liking, but we are glad to hear that you found our course to be in good shape. We appreciate your feedback!

What a great course. Would play this again, sand traps were great and greens ran true.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 10/26/2017:
Hello Ron, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our course, particularly in regards to our course layout and our excellent course conditions. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you out there soon!

Perfect Day at Shale Creek

Drove out from Pa on a two day buddy trip and played at Shale Creek. We had perfect weather for mid October. The course was a little wet from some midweek rain but in Very nice shape. Very Friendly staff and a Great experience. We will be back when we return to the area.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:
Hello, thank you for giving our course a five-star review! We are happy to hear that you found our course to be in good shape and that you had a great time out there with your buddy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Medina, Ohio