The Legends of Massillon Golf Course

Year Built 2002
Architect John F. Robinson (2002)

Dress code Collared shirt required

Group Getaways 8
Playing Multiple Courses 8

Commented on 10/30/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon!

Great layout

This is a very fun course to play. Nice layout and the people are very friendly

Commented on 01/24/2020

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course when we open for the season for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

East and North courses

Both courses were in great shape! Beautiful day for golf!

Commented on 10/14/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Solid course

Nice course, well kept. As other reviews have said, the bunkers were kind of junk but most courses are this time of year around here. The price was more than fair for what the course was, would definitely return

Commented on 10/10/2019

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

Great Layout

Great layout with plenty of hazards (water and sand traps)...First time playing here, only complaint is that the greens haven't grown back in all the way after being punched so they weren't rolled, and the bunkers were dead....
I will definitely play again in the summer, and I'm sure the course will be in a lot better shape...
Unfortunately I didnt find out about this course until late in the year (1hr 10mins drive)...but gladly donated about 8 balls to the hazards today...lol

Commented on 09/30/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

Challenging course- Definitely Fun!

I’ve never played a course where you actually needed to lay up in fear of hitting to hidden creeks and river beds! Definitely would help make you a better golfer as precision is key to this course!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon!

Slow!

Tee’d off twenty minutes behind and had to wait on every tee box for one group and sometimes two groups. Don’t know what was going on. Had to leave early because I needed to be somewhere at six and only finished 14 holes. Tee time was supposed to be at 11:44...

Commented on 09/16/2019

Pace of play

The course was crowded tee times needed to be further apart. Over a 5 hour round for a single digit foursome that usually plays In 3 1/2 hours. Good layout though

Commented on 09/04/2019

Golf 8/31

Very nice and playable course. Would highly recommend rangers be utilized Group in front of us was two holes behind and would not let other play thru. One point three groups backed up on one tee. Other than that great course.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Commented on 08/30/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

Commented on 08/27/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

great course

thought the course itself was in great condition two complaints thought the greens could have been faster and the bunkers are terrible lots of rocks need major attention

Commented on 08/21/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

I love this course

The Legends is one of two of my favorite golf courses in the area. I love the layout.
The only criticism I have is the sand traps which need more sand.
Overall I play here every chance I get. The staff is nice and friendly.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Outstanding! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We're honored that we are one of your top favorite courses and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon!

Legends

Interesting course that will play better for the average golfer once one becomes familiar with the trouble spots.

Definitely a target course

Commented on 08/05/2019

Saturday Golf

Nice course, played north & east. Pete the starter & pro shop staff very nice, as was food stand. Greens very slow - a big distraction, and traps very rocky. Travel to hole to hole somewhat confusing - need more signage. Lot's of diversity & character in the holes with huge greens, but long distance from cart path to green. Ball washers are in unusual places. Even with that, we would definitely recommend it without hesitation; buy guide if you never played it will make it easier to plan shots.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Better than expected

Upon arrival, things went smooth and the pro shop attendant was very pleasant. The starter wasn't the friendliest person and rather than keeping my with the group I was added to, he sent me off by myself on the 3rd nine. After making the turn, the same starter sent me out between 3-somes apart of a member outing. Still completed the 18 holes in approximately 3.5 hrs. The conditions were far better than I expected. The practice area and range were a nice touch to the experience. I would definitely recommend the course for the layout and conditions alone and for a value of $13 for a 9am on friday.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Great course for the value

Staff was friendly and we were able to tee off at our exact tee time with no waiting on any holes. Probably due to the rain but ive never had an issue when golfing at this course. All in all it was a great day and i was even able to put up a score of 73 so i was very pleased.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

Easily the best value for your money

This is unquestionably the best course for your money in the area. There are 4 courses within 10 minutes of me that aren't nearly as nice and cost a lot more.

Each 9 plays a little differently and has its own challenges. Each 9 is also well maintained. The fairways are smooth, the rough is just deep enough to keep you honest, and the greens (on a hot day in July, anyhow) rolled quick but true.

Because there are 27 holes I've never felt rushed by someone behind me or been at the mercy of someone in front of me.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Fantastic! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

This course has a tough but interesting layout. Fairways can be tough to hit but the rough is not terribly long. Greens were slow but it had poured before my round. They can also be tricky so you really need to read your putts well. This is one of my favorite courses in the Akron-Canton area.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing East/South Golf Course at The Legends of Massillon.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.