New Albany Links Golf Club

2.3

New Albany Links Golf Club sprawls across gently rolling hills covered with meandering creeks, mature trees, and native grasses and wetlands. There are also a number of lakes throughout that come into play on several holes. The golf course is a fair challenge but it prides itself on its playability. With tees ranging between 4,800 and 7,000 yards, the course accommodates a range of different skill levels. The layout features tree-lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers throughout. New Albany Links Golf Club's 12th hole is one of the course's most memorable. It requires a long drive and an approach that carries past a long bunker and a pond to a narrow green. To the left is certain punishment but a tough up and down waits if you miss right.
Gold 72 5957 yards
Scorecard for New Albany Links
Black M: 73.9/137 449 426 193 525 350 381 589 171 434 3518 527 186 428 430 521 369 187 405 433 3486 7004
Blue M: 71.9/134 412 406 178 490 327 347 555 161 395 3271 509 173 406 408 494 356 169 388 396 3299 6570
White M: 70.0/131 398 387 160 467 307 332 535 149 362 3097 486 161 384 371 479 332 164 376 378 3131 6228
Gold M: 68.4/127 W: 74.1/133 380 383 157 451 288 319 513 131 346 2968 460 145 364 357 470 316 149 368 360 2989 5957
Red W: 71.3/128 353 341 141 429 275 306 492 117 325 2779 432 130 351 343 430 290 136 331 329 2772 5551

Year Built 2000

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code No denim, no athletic shorts/pants, no sleeveless shirts, collard shirt required.

Entertaining Clients 8

Put some $$$ into the course!!!

Let me list my problems with this course...

Twosome ahead of us VERY SLOW, held our 3some up. $50+ to play, no sand in traps, when they did have sand it was less than an inch deep, so you would hit mud/clay out onto green. Greens were actually pretty nice except for the GOOSE S#+T and divots, some greens had over 20+ that had not even been touched by golfer or grounds crew. Needs some signage, hard to find your way around. This course could actually be very nice, decent layout, quick greens, maybe have H2O on the course (vending machines on both sides, neither worked) put some $$$ into it, could be pretty nice!

Conditions Need Help

The conditions were rough. Water hazards are filled with sewage run-off and the bunkers are overgrown with weeds and have abandoned heavy machinery in them. I hope they are able to find the funds to complete the necessary repairs to the water hazards and the sand traps. It is a course that demands great shot-making and is always a wonderful challenge.

Back Side Bunkers in Repair

The course in terms of tee, fairways, rough and greens is just about perfect. The bunkers on the front are mostly in pretty solid shape. I cannot say the same for the back side bunkers. It appears that they are going to let them go and turn most of them into grass but they are clearly doing work on most of the holes. Some heavy machinery on 15 gave that indication. Once they get these bunkers all grass the course should be back.

READ THIS

I left my 4 iron on the range before our round. After noticing we drover back to the range and a guy said that someone had just taken it back to the clubhouse. We went to the clubhouse and nobody had turned it in. After the round I went back to the clubhouse and still nobody had turned in the club. I went and asked the starter just to check if someone had given it to him. He gave me a funny look and said they did and he would go get it for me. I watched the starter drive his cart into the parking lot and get my club out of the trunk of his car. When he brought it back he told me that "clubs that nice have a way of disappearing around here". My friend went in and let the pro shop know what had happened. They were not too concerned about it and said he must have had a mental lapse or something.

Fun Course

I gave this course a tough review last year, but after playing it again yesterday it appears to be on the up and up. Although we had a bunch of rain, you can tell some of the bunkers received some TLC. Greens were rolling good and fairways/tee boxes are in pretty good shape. They also have some electric carts now which quiets down the course a bit and they also have USB ports in some of the carts to charge your phone. I thought that was neat. Overall, I would reccommend this to a friend as they are trying to make improvements and it's in good condition. Challenging course with all the bunkers in play.

Commented On 10/04/2017

First of all, we really appreciate you circling back to update your feedback and we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your round. We really have been putting so much love into those bunkers that needed the most help this season. We are taking every measure to make improvements every single day, and we're thrilled that you can see the changes. We will continue to improve! Looking forward to having you back for more. Thank you again!!

Course has gone down hil

Used to love playing this course even though they can be one of the more expensive options in the area. Played last weekend and it's in the worst shape I've seen it in 5 years... Greens were slower and chewed up, bunkers are a joke seems like they have given up on any TLC. All it seems they've done for the past month is cut the grass. Greens used to be fast and they were pretty slow. I'd be happy paying $25 for it, not $40. I won't be back until I hear the conditions improved.

Commented On 09/09/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the course weren’t up to your standards, but can assure you that we’re constantly working to make conditions better and better for our golfers, and have made recent investments to improve conditions. We thank you for coming out and hope you'll give us another round in the future.

Great January Round!

Great round of golf in January! My buddy and I were able to get 18 holes finished in about 3.5 hours. The greens were in surprisingly decent shape for the winter. I will be going back once the weather gets nice.

Commented On 06/24/2016

Thanks so much for the great review, hope to see you this season!

Bag Boy
Travel to your golf destination with peace of mind in your award winning Bag Boy travel cover. Thick quilted tops for maximum club protection with weather and tear resistant fabrics make Bag Boy the #1 travel cover in golf.

Very unfriendly staff member

Staff employee was very rude and confrontational. I showed up early for my tee time and tee box was wide open with next tee time in 45 minutes. Staff employee stated he only had enough carts for the next few tee times and that I would have to wait until my booked time. 25 carts were available and ready for play. Once he realized his explanation did not make sense he became very upset with me and made it a point to tell me how he wasn't making any money on me since I booked the tee time on Golfnow. Worst experience I have ever had at golf course.

Commented On 06/24/2016

WE apologize for this unfortunate experience in December. We can assure you that we hold our staff to the highest standard of customer service. Hope you'll give us another shot this season.

Fun Round

Played early on 11/22/15 - it was about 30 degrees. It snowed for about 30 minutes just before the turn then turned clear and colder. Beyond it being almost winter - we had a fun round! Some bunkers are under construction - but this is to be expected. Otherwise the course was in great shape - especially for November Ryan and his staff always make us feel at welcome and we always look forward to returning!

Commented On 06/24/2016

We're so glad to hear you had a great November round. Thank you for the staff compliments, we work really hard to keep the course looking great and serve our customers! Come back soon!

Fun, but windy day

Course was in great shape for mid November. Staff is always super friendly and accommodating.

Commented On 06/24/2016

Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you again this season!

New Albany, Ohio