New Albany Links Golf Club

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Dress code: No denim, no athletic shorts/pants, no sleeveless shirts, collard shirt required.

Gold 72 5957 yards N/A N/A

New Albany Links Golf Club sprawls across gently rolling hills covered with meandering creeks, mature trees, and native grasses and wetlands. There are also a number of lakes throughout that come into play on several holes. The golf course is a fair challenge but it prides itself on its playability. With tees ranging between 4,800 and 7,000 yards, the course accommodates a range of different skill levels. The layout features tree-lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers throughout. New Albany Links Golf Club's 12th hole is one of the course's most memorable. It requires a long drive and an approach that carries past a long bunker and a pond to a narrow green. To the left is certain punishment but a tough up and down waits if you miss right.

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

"Put some $$$ into the course!!!"

Tim5530423's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Let me list my problems with this course...

Twosome ahead of us VERY SLOW, held our 3some up. $50+ to play, no sand in traps, when they did have sand it was less than an inch deep, so you would hit mud/clay out onto green. Greens were actually pretty nice except for the GOOSE S#+T and divots, some greens had over 20+ that had not even been touched by golfer or grounds crew. Needs some signage, hard to find your way around. This course could actually be very nice, decent layout, quick greens, maybe have H2O on the course (vending machines on both sides, neither worked) put some $$$ into it, could be pretty nice!

"Conditions Need Help"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The conditions were rough. Water hazards are filled with sewage run-off and the bunkers are overgrown with weeds and have abandoned heavy machinery in them. I hope they are able to find the funds to complete the necessary repairs to the water hazards and the sand traps. It is a course that demands great shot-making and is always a wonderful challenge.

"Back Side Bunkers in Repair"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The course in terms of tee, fairways, rough and greens is just about perfect. The bunkers on the front are mostly in pretty solid shape. I cannot say the same for the back side bunkers. It appears that they are going to let them go and turn most of them into grass but they are clearly doing work on most of the holes. Some heavy machinery on 15 gave that indication. Once they get these bunkers all grass the course should be back.

"READ THIS"

RyleyS's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017
Previously played Used cart

I left my 4 iron on the range before our round. After noticing we drover back to the range and a guy said that someone had just taken it back to the clubhouse. We went to the clubhouse and nobody had turned it in. After the round I went back to the clubhouse and still nobody had turned in the club. I went and asked the starter just to check if someone had given it to him. He gave me a funny look and said they did and he would go get it for me. I watched the starter drive his cart into the parking lot and get my club out of the trunk of his car. When he brought it back he told me that "clubs that nice have a way of disappearing around here". My friend went in and let the pro shop know what had happened. They were not too concerned about it and said he must have had a mental lapse or something.

"Fun Course"

ballanelson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I gave this course a tough review last year, but after playing it again yesterday it appears to be on the up and up. Although we had a bunch of rain, you can tell some of the bunkers received some TLC. Greens were rolling good and fairways/tee boxes are in pretty good shape. They also have some electric carts now which quiets down the course a bit and they also have USB ports in some of the carts to charge your phone. I thought that was neat. Overall, I would reccommend this to a friend as they are trying to make improvements and it's in good condition. Challenging course with all the bunkers in play.

Commented on 10/04/2017

First of all, we really appreciate you circling back to update your feedback and we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your round. We really have been putting so much love into those bunkers that needed the most help this season. We are taking every measure to make improvements every single day, and we're thrilled that you can see the changes. We will continue to improve! Looking forward to having you back for more. Thank you again!!

"Course has gone down hil"

ballanelson's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

Used to love playing this course even though they can be one of the more expensive options in the area. Played last weekend and it's in the worst shape I've seen it in 5 years... Greens were slower and chewed up, bunkers are a joke seems like they have given up on any TLC. All it seems they've done for the past month is cut the grass. Greens used to be fast and they were pretty slow. I'd be happy paying $25 for it, not $40. I won't be back until I hear the conditions improved.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the course weren’t up to your standards, but can assure you that we’re constantly working to make conditions better and better for our golfers, and have made recent investments to improve conditions. We thank you for coming out and hope you'll give us another round in the future.

"Great January Round!"

mcc121986's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

Great round of golf in January! My buddy and I were able to get 18 holes finished in about 3.5 hours. The greens were in surprisingly decent shape for the winter. I will be going back once the weather gets nice.

Commented on 06/24/2016

Thanks so much for the great review, hope to see you this season!

"Very unfriendly staff member"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2015

Staff employee was very rude and confrontational. I showed up early for my tee time and tee box was wide open with next tee time in 45 minutes. Staff employee stated he only had enough carts for the next few tee times and that I would have to wait until my booked time. 25 carts were available and ready for play. Once he realized his explanation did not make sense he became very upset with me and made it a point to tell me how he wasn't making any money on me since I booked the tee time on Golfnow. Worst experience I have ever had at golf course.

Commented on 06/24/2016

WE apologize for this unfortunate experience in December. We can assure you that we hold our staff to the highest standard of customer service. Hope you'll give us another shot this season.

"Fun Round"

kpa49's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Played early on 11/22/15 - it was about 30 degrees.

It snowed for about 30 minutes just before the turn then turned clear and colder.

Beyond it being almost winter - we had a fun round!

Some bunkers are under construction - but this is to be expected. Otherwise the course was in great shape - especially for November

Ryan and his staff always make us feel at welcome and we always look forward to returning!

Commented on 06/24/2016

We're so glad to hear you had a great November round. Thank you for the staff compliments, we work really hard to keep the course looking great and serve our customers! Come back soon!

"Fun, but windy day"

emitchosu's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2015

Course was in great shape for mid November. Staff is always super friendly and accommodating.

Commented on 06/24/2016

Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you again this season!

"Disappointed"

u000002053004's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2015

I had heard this was a top area course and was disappointed to find out they had aerated the whole course greens fairways all with no notations about it. Made play slow and putting a adventure. I would have went another time to try the course out. Over all I was disappointed.

"A Good Challenge"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Looking for a good test before my conference in Columbus. I found it with this course.

I told the attendant after my round that, "This must be a bear when they grow the rough up and speed up the greens."

I very thoroughly enjoyed my round of golf.

My only complaint/concern is that I would estimate that 1/2 of the bunkers are/have not been maintained recently. Could this be an issue with the financial state of the course?

I hope not. It was well worth my time and would play again if I'm in the Columbus area.

"Not worth the money."

sahebe11's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2015

I have played this course twice this year (2015) and both rounds were disappointing due to course conditions. This course is advertised as a higher end course and it just doesn't measure up. Most of the traps are unplayable. The fairways are very hard and in need of water. The second time I played (Oct 20), the back nine was closed for maintenance and the front nine greens were almost unplayable. When I booked this round I had no idea the back nine was closed. This course has potential but needs some major improvements to return to the status of a must play. With all the choices for golf in the Columbus area I have no desire to play this course again.

"Fall Trip"

Linsly1976's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We had a great time and the conditions especially the greens made it a fun time

"A last resort"

mcroley33's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The pro shop was unfriendly and didn't inform us the course was being aerated while we were going to be playing. They also didn't offer a discount for the fact that the maintenance staff was punching the fairways and blowing the plugs off the fairway, including my tee ball on one hole. It was not a pleasant round of golf and I won't go back again.

"Course to ourselves during Buckeye games!"

JeffBC94's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2015

So this course was really hard compared to others we've played. Though i am not sure what made it that way. We lost nearly 2 dozen balls, and one sentimentally meaningul ball marker. If not for the cooler, we would have had a miserable loop.<br/> It might have been the new sticks I was trying to figure out which contributed to shots going all over the place.<br/> Truly, though, the layout was nice, weather was perfect, and the Buckeyes won without us paying full attention.

"I liked New Albany Links"

joelough's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Im a 7 handicap, so hopefully coming from a reliable sources. My friend and I enjoyed it very much. I think the reviews are a lot harsh. Yes, it is not absolutely plush, but greens and teeboxes were in good shape, along with fairways. Had some waste areas and bunker waste areas, etc...but Golf is a challenge. If you keep it in fairway, you were good. If not, you had the potential to create a challenge for yourself.

If you struck the ball well and putted well, you could score.

Thought the course was very nice for the Columbus area and at 45 dollars, it is a bargain...I would absolutely play it again and again....

"Challenging"

Eduard4899598's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2015

Since leagues are done this season it's moving little better but not by much. Teed off at 6pm, caught up with 5 some on 6 with 4 groups in front of them. Turned around played 4,5,6 again,7 and 8. Passed em all on 9. Glad that was their last stop. Played 5 more holes till dark. Greens will take a while to recover from summer league beating. Rough is little to tall prepare to loose few balls.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Good course but wrong people"

jdoggolfs's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Played 18 holes

The course is worth your money, but, the people are not very friendly, people were cursing on the putting green and it was very unpleasant. Also the pro shop is in this bar which was very dark and made it feel weird making a tee time to someone in the bar. Someone also hit are cart with a golf ball on the 15th hole. And people were innapropriate about it and we want are money back, thanks.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Highly Disappointed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2015

I was highly disappointed in the course conditions

Pace of Play - You would think that playing in the 4th group of the day that getting 18 done in under 4 hours with a cart wouldn't be a problem, Wrong! Thanks in large part to no marshalls, our round took 4hrs 45 minutes.

Course Conditions - Almost every bunker on the course was unplayable. Greens were unmown and rock hard. Tee boxes were overgrown with limited areas to have a clean stance for teeing off. Fairways had very inconsistent grass. Rough was like hitting out of your backyard.

Golf Carts - One of the only places I know that still uses gas powered golf carts. Ours had a broken windshield and kept sputtering.

On Course Food & Beverage - We did not see the beverage cart until coming up the 17th fairway at 1145am. Given that it was a holiday weekend and 90 degrees outside, I found this to be unacceptable.

Value - At almost $70 for the round, I would not pay more then $20 to play this course.

In conclusion, I would not recommend spending your time playing at New Albany Links. This is highly unfortunate since the layout and course used to be one of the nicest in Central Ohio 5+ years ago, rivaling many country clubs in the area.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor