Clover Valley Golf Club

Surrounded by dense woodlands, Clover Valley Golf Club has a secluded parkland setting that also allows for some links-style holes. The course is relatively young but it has a much older feel to it. The versatile layout has an interesting mix of holes that appeals to a variety of different tastes and abilities. There are also four sets of tees that make it even more accommodating to a range of skill levels. The layout features gently rolling fairways that are lined with trees. They are rather generously sized though, which makes them more player-friendly. The medium-sized greens are also approachable with only slight undulations. There are several lakes as well as a creek that come into play on several holes. In addition to the golf course, Clover Valley also offers extensive practice facilities including a driving range with target greens, a large putting green, and a chipping area with greenside bunkers.
Championship 72 7149 yards 73.9 131
Forward (W) 73 6006 yards 74.3 129
Front 72 5494 yards 65.8 112
Front (W) 73 5494 yards 70.6 119
Scorecard for Clover Valley
Championship M: 73.9/131 410 420 205 436 461 414 566 172 554 3638 420 537 176 432 415 372 563 163 435 3513 7151
Back M: 71.3/125 376 369 178 400 436 379 542 152 518 3350 398 515 147 423 380 335 538 142 381 3259 6609
Middle M: 69.9/122 W: 75.5/131 360 351 163 382 420 367 531 134 497 3205 379 497 128 414 362 315 524 114 362 3095 6300
Forward M: 68.7/120 W: 74.3/129 353 346 157 306 403 360 511 130 491 3057 371 488 124 376 357 309 518 108 298 2949 6006
Front M: 65.8/112 W: 70.6/119 329 299 131 298 397 332 474 111 481 2852 343 413 114 368 317 260 446 88 293 2642 5494

Year Built 2001

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Shirts with collars preferred and excludes tank tops and cutoffs. Shirts must be worn at all times.

Excellent fairways

Played about 20 different courses so far this year and this one is probably number 2 or 3. Excellent fairways to hit from true greens and if you play early it usually isn't too backed up even on Saturdays when I play.

Commented On 08/17/2015

Wow! Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We LOVE hearing we are so high on your list! Please come back soon and tell/bring your friends! Thank you again!!

Difficult greens

As the title says the greens were very challenging, but I guess that's what the course wants. The course is fun to play with friends but if you are trying to get better then you might get a little frustrated. Food is a little expensive but its a golf course what do you expect. Overall this course is fun to play but very challenging.

Commented On 08/18/2015

Lukestr - thank you for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate the feedback on the greens and hole #9. We can be a bit challenging but we're glad you found us to be enjoyable as well! Thank you again!

Love the course layout

Always have enjoyed playing this challenging course. The green were mostly smooth and fast, but there were numerous ball marks showing on many of the greens. The only unfavorable feature about this course that I have noticed, since I do miss hitting the greens more often than hitting them, is the crab grass or weeds around them. Also there was noticeable water damage (brown spots) on some of the fairways and the bunkers were wet and some had puddles, but fortunately we were never was in them. Overall the course played fairly and is more than challenging for me.

Commented On 08/17/2015

Poppy - thank you so much for taking time to review our course! We appreciate the feedback on the greens and the water damage. We have had a ton of rain this season but we think the course has handled it pretty well. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course and look forward to seeing you back sooner than later!

Poor condition

We played this course multiple times last year and had a great time. This year, the course was in terrible shape. Weeds on the greens and tee boxes. Also, there was a large group of high school students who were having tryouts for the golf team. The students should have had the course to themselves. There shouldn't have been any tee times until the students were done.

Enjoyed it!

I started out at the driving range which was nice. It had plenty of targets to shoot at and was in decent shape. The putting green was nice as well. Rolled true and was in great shape. The course was great and had a layout that kept the round interesting. The only con I have is that the greens were pretty chewed up. I don't why people find it so difficult to fix ball marks. We played as a twosome shortly after 11 am on a Saturday and had a really enjoyable pace through the first six holes then caught up with a couple other groups. We waited on every shot after that but still finished with a 4:10 round. Pace of play was good for a nice Saturday. Will definitely come back and play this course again. Enjoyed it!

Commented On 08/06/2015

Wow Josh, thank you so much for your kind words about our golf course! We're glad you enjoyed the golf course and the conditions. We wish more people were like you and would fix their ball marks so everyone can keep enjoying the course! We're already looking forward to your next visit!

Wet but still in good shape

The course was cart path only due to all the rain. Had to start on the back 9 for some reason. The guy in the pro shop was just a real peach. He must have been having a bad day. I was going to get some water before going out but the cigarette being smoked by the lady working the bar was more important. The pace of play was fine for the first nine but the second nine was horrible. Only one group let us play through. We skipped hole 10 because the group in front was taking forever and didn't seem to care. We got to another group of four and they had no desire to let is play through and had to realize how slow they were playing. Even though it was a Wednesday afternoon the course needed a ranger to tell groups to speed up or allow others to play through.

Commented On 08/06/2015

Ross - we're sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience at our golf club! We have looked into this situation and would like you to know that the issues with the staff should NOT be happening again. We are so sorry about that. We were cart path only due to excessive rain in the area and we had you start off the back 9 due to one of our scheduled leagues. We usually only have rangers out on Wednesday afternoons if we are extremely busy. We hope you give us another chance and come back out soon! Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing what we can improve on!

Fast greens

The course was in surprisingly good shape given all the recent rain. The greens are FAST, so be careful to stay below the hole. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our group thoroughly enjoyed the round and will be back again.

Commented On 07/13/2015

Thank you Carl for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We're happy to hear you had a fabulous time and that you'll be returning. We can't wait to have you back!

very well laid out

I love this course. I played it at least 3 to 5 times last year. The layout is really great, good degree of difficulty.

Commented On 06/05/2015

Jon, thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review! We truly appreciate it and look forward to having you back this year! Thanks again!

Only game in town

I must say I'm fairly disappointed in the course. The staff was friendly, carts nice, but I have many problems with the course. There are absolutely no signs as to what hole you are playing. It was my first time playing and we got lost because we had no markers or anything telling us what hole we were on. The most disappointing thing was the course conditions. The greens had divots, old hole cutout, etc all over the greens, by far the worst I have seen in the area. The rough was in poor shape. The fairways were nicer cut however. Unfortunately, nice fairways was the only thing nice, even the tee box was overgrown. I cannot believe they charge $37 to play this course.

Commented On 06/05/2015

Matt, we're so sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience at Clover Valley. Just to address a few of your concerns, it is true we have no signage, the back of the scorecard has the full golf course layout. We are sorry that wasn't brought to your attention prior! We request all golfers fix ballmarks and divots but unfortunately, not all golfers play their part. The rough and tee boxes were slightly overgrown due to a delay in mowing. We had quite a bit of rain over the weekend and that Monday, the course was extremely wet. We would love to have you back to give us another try. Please reach out to me directly at lindsayteetimes@gmail.com for an online promo code. Thank you!

Excellent Value

This is the third time I've played this course on the last two weeks, and it has to be the best value around. The layout is great and the fairways/greens are very nice. The only minor complaint I have is that some additional mowing needs done around the tees and greens. I'll definitely be playing here many more times this year.

Commented On 06/05/2015

Thank you so much for your feedback and taking time to review our course. We hope to see you out on the course more this summer!

Great value for the money. Good challenge for your game.

Commented On 06/05/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our course! Come back to see us soon!

Great greens

Course is in good shape, greens are very fast.....

Commented On 06/05/2015

Thank you so much for review! We hope to see you out on the course again soon!

Good Experiemce

The course was in good condition and pretty open for the day I was there. Greens ran pretty well but not nearly as fast as they were last fall.

Clover Valley

Great value paid $27 for 18 holes on 4/18/15. Greens were running great.

Forgot how nice Clover Valley is

Played today at 8:20AM. Course was in very good shape. Fairways were great. Greens were nice except the group in front of us didn't know how to repair a ball mark. Tee boxes were good. Facilities were clean and the staff was very friendly. Pace of play was a little slow at 4 hours 45 minutes. Tee times are appropriately spaced at 10 minutes apart ( hate that courses do 7,8,or 9 minutes so you feel rushed) so it didn't feel like that long of a round until finished. Had Rangers out moving people along. We will return.

Still a little wet this Spring

Cart path only on this day. No standing water but turf was very spongy. Fairways and greens were mowed. Tee markers out. No ball washers yet. Spring has been too wet for this course. Nice course, but needs to dry out. Also, new carts this year are nice. Range not open yet.

Early Spring Day

The course was just fine considering the weather. The temp was around 45 with a pretty good wind. We enjoyed our round and it met our expections for that challenging weather day. It is still very early in the opeing season so grounds keepers were preparing to work the course. The Pro Shop staff member was very friendly and made us feel welcomed.

Be aware of the creek which comes into play on many holes

The course will eat you up if you don't keep the ball in play and putt well. We didn't play particularly well, but enjoyed the round, as the conditions were great, and one of our group birdied the tough par 5 on the back - no 16.

Beautiful Golf Course

Great fairways and greens. Beautiful layout. Bring your small putter because these greens are very fast. The fastest I have played all year. Watch out for a few double break greens. The greens stand out in my mind. I'm looking forward to playing this course againbefore the snow flies.

Good Course

I enjoyed the course, fall conditions were not a problem. Good grounds crew.

Johnstown, Ohio