A view of a green at Paso Robles Golf Club

Paso Robles Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Architect Bert Stamps

Great Course But Watch Out For Houses

This is a well maintained course with great food & beverages (but no beverage cart when we played) and great service. Only negative is layout, as the course is surrounded by homes throughout most of the course which can be a little nerve wracking. If you don’t slice the ball too often, this a great course but if you are prone to slices / wild hits, I would avoid this one.

Disorganized

When we arrived they didn’t have a cart for us. To be fair, they did refund us the cart amount. We Then rented clubs and walked but one of the golf bag stands kept coming loose and tripping me while I was walking. Also not a huge deal and I didn’t realize this was a problem until I got on the course and didn’t feel up to walking back and getting new clubs.
The fairway is narrow with houses lining the sides. At one point we had to walk through part of a neighborhood to get to the next hole.
All and all it is very affordable which is nice but I probably wouldn’t play here again. Friendly staff though.

Great course for the price!

First time playing and really enjoyed the course. The greens were in amazing condition

Paso Robles Golf Club

Nice course for such a small town! Several small lakes. Good value.

Great course bad staff

Love this course but had issues with staff members multiple times. Every time it’s been over then trying to over charge me. Same thing had happened to friends of mine. But over all a great course.

Best kept secret

We play here when we visit Paso Robles. This week was 110* so we got out at 7:30 while it was still cool. We played a leisurely 18 then had lunch overlooking the course. Always a pleasant experience. Friendly staff!

San Francisco Advisor

Fun track with solid conditions

A quick update on course conditions. Course is in real nice shape right now. Greens are rolling smooth as always at a medium pace and are holding approach shot very well. Sand traps are excellent and tee boxes are level and lush. Fairways are lush for the most part with a few thin areas here and there. Skirt areas around the green are very lush offering great lies for the chance to get up and down.

Paso Robles GC is always a favorite track that offers good use of all clubs. See my previous review of the track for more details on the layout.

California Advisor

Paso Robles

Walked the Blues (6157/70.6/121) in 4H with Alex326, Dale and Darren. The weather was clear and windy. The course was packed for a Friday afternoon, but moved well.

Old school, tight layout with many holes having working class homes on one or both sides. Numerous tees are a long way from the last green as you cross streets and go through residential areas. Several holes have lakes that are hidden from the golfers vantage point when they are making the shot approaching the lake. Par 70 layout with five par 3's and three par 5's.

The tees were semi lush and decently maintained.

Both the rough and fairways were winter thin, playable but just okay.

The sand traps were nicely maintained with fluffy sand.

The greens putted decently. Medium to medium fast speed, firm but they usually held full shot approaches.

Good but limited customer service. No drink cart, Marshall or Starter. Small range that did not look full size. Nicely stocked pro shop. Not a bad layout, but $38 to walk mid day is too much for this course. No recommendation.

We Picked a Bad Day

Wife and I played here on a Monday morning while vacationing in the area. This is an old, classic course...I think it was founded in 1961? Now surrounded by houses....especially on the front nine. Not much in the way of elevation changes. But most of the holes were interesting. LONG par 3s! Pro shop staff was great! Range is small and balls are an extra charge. On the morning that we played, they were punching the approaches and aprons around the green. For much of the front nine is was just a mess with plugs covering the approaches and fringes. They had not made it to the back, so things got better after the turn. Wish someone would have let us know. Anyway, would recommend if looking to play while in Paso Robles.

Tremendously good condition!

Although a mostly flat course, the condition was absolutely perfect from tee boxes, fairways and greens. The greens, especially, were in such good shape that I could not use small blemishes to line up my putts because there just were not any blemishes. Frankly, this is one of the best courses I've every played..

Everyday muni

The proshop staff is friendly and welcoming. Restaurant staff is also friendly and courteous. Food selection is standard golf course food.
Facility is average, but slightly better than a muni course. Driving range is below average.
The course is also on the average side with mildly interesting layout and few risk reward holes. Lots of water hazard to navigate around. Generally an average everyday course good for practice and buddy golf for fun.

A "Diamond in the Rough"

In the Top 5 Public Course in the SLO County Area. Course condition is very well maintained by one of the Best Maintenance Superintendents in California. The whole facility is first class. Great food at a reasonable price. Be sure to try a world famous grilled hot dogs at the Snack Shack Turn. Nice concrete cart paths and new carts. First class Lounge and Bar.
This course very Fair and Fun to Play. Greens are smooth and hold well at medium speed. Be careful on the downhill putts!

Renovations have improved course

Overall - 3, After the renovations, this is now a solid course with good conditioning, facilities and pricing. The front nine has too much intrusion from the houses and a few of the back nine holes are poorly defined. These design problems, but mostly the poor pace of play are the factors in the 3 star rating rather than four.

Pace - 1, Yes it was a Holiday weekend, but there were several large gaps in play and the marshal was never seen. 5hrs+ is unacceptable.

Conditions - 4, Greens were smooth, firm and rolling at medium speed. All the tee boxes and fairways were lush. Bunkers were consistent and tough with what appeared to be sand straight from a local beach (fluffy/deep).

Staff - 4, Everyone was professional and friendly, had to drag my partner out of the halfway house.

Value - 3, Good pricing off the rack, deals available if you look.

Food - 4, Menu offers more than typical selections and was well prepared.

Facilities - 4, The renovations are evident everywhere. All buildings look new and clean. Bar and deck areas have excellent viewing and plentiful seating. Range is lacking in size and uses mats, but has good targets. Course has been upgraded as well.

The course is now a viable option for coast trips and/or those passing through. The reno money was well spent and makes this a fun course.

San Francisco Advisor

Top notch facility all around

This is my third time playing here and all experiences have been good. The course is in fantastic shape with no area being spared attention. Greens, fairways and even the rough are all in good shape, the tee boxes are better than some greens I've been on lately . Course has a great mixture of everything you want. There are numerous water hazards but they are well placed so that they are fairly easy to navigate with all water hazards having a dry route to go around if you so choose.

Fairways are a mix of wide open on the back 9 to some rather narrow ones on the front 9. Course also has some elevation changes on a number of holes

The staff is SUPER friendly. I can't say enough about how nice everyone is there. Restaurant is also very classy where you can get a real meal and not just a hot dog. The only negative I can think of was it took way too long in the morning to get my breakfast burrito. However, the lunch service was quick.

Hats off the staff at PR Golf Club!

Never been so disrespected at a golf course!!!!

I have never felt so disrespected as a customer before in my life!! So they are running a summer special for $10 golf after 5 pm. When I get there to pay I am told they will be pulling the flags by 7:45 and we will have to be OFF the course by 8:00. Never have I golfed on the central coast hand have Been told this... Anyways we continue to golf and are approached by the Marshall on hole 13 and are told to play 14,17,18 and be done. It is 7:20 at this time.. Well there are two groups ahead of us one on 16 and one on 15, makes it hard to jump holes with other golfers so we proceed to play as there is plenty of light. We get to hole 16 and by now the Marshall is riding along side us as we walk the hole. He is called on the walkie talkie by the guy in the proshop who is now in a cart in the middle of the 16 the fairway, this is our last hole and we will walk in after this. We proceed down the fairway and the proshop guy pulls the flag before we even see the green let alone finish the hole. He then proceeds to pull the pin on the next group who is chipping onto the green and had to finish the hole with a club in the cup imitating the flag that had been removed. We were then literally escorted off the course by the Marshall making sure we did not play any more golf. Unbelievable!! I was in my car by 8 pm guess they got there way so that they can go home early. I will NEVER golf here unless it is a charity event.

we rilly enjoy

great mantenens. staff so kindly .couse condition also good

Atascadero, California
San Luis Obispo, California
Morro Bay, California

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).