Reserve Run Golf Course

Scorecard for Reserve Run
Black M: 68.9/117 504 195 408 182 343 572 375 219 364 3162 503 195 308 373 357 136 529 169 430 3000 6162
Blue M: 67.7/115 491 171 394 166 338 554 359 201 354 3028 490 187 303 365 343 128 518 150 421 2905 5933
White M: 65.3/109 458 147 368 137 313 514 313 169 327 2746 469 168 270 330 304 121 446 142 385 2635 5381
Red W: 65.7/103 441 130 325 120 257 444 286 101 251 2355 400 134 251 223 234 100 406 127 275 2150 4505

Year Built 1999
Architect Barry Serafin (1999)

Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No

Outing on Monday

Played our hearts out, never has our group played so well. The course is impeccable, fairways, tees and greens are plush. Double line sprinklers keep it in great shape all season. Not the hardest course you will ever play but perfect for me and my pals.

Place to play

Course is always in top condition. If there was a storm the day before or morning of,, the chances are it will be 90 degrees with carts when it's cart path only everywhere else. The greens are usually smooth and fast, especially in the peak season.

People think it's easy because it is approximately 6000 yards from the tips. The reason is there are 6 par 3's. So don't let the distance fool you.

Highly recommend.

No fivesomes here. Whether they have clubs or not. So just be informed. The won't give anyone a break on this rule.

Enjoy

Pace of play varies on day and time of day you tee off.

Save yourself from this mess

Usually don't review courses but moved to share this. Had an issue where on the first hole our cart was hit by a ball from the foursome playing behind us. same hole while we were on the green 2 balls landed approx. 15 feet from where we were. we went back and conveyed our unhappiness to the foursome. (we had a girl who came just to watch us play we only had 4 bags and the girl rarely got off the cart) The foursome apparently complained claiming 5 people were playing and we had a very rude person( owner) yelling at us without even asking questions. even after we tried to explain the situation he kept singing the same tune. Never will go back to this place. Also pace is extremely poor because of overbooking. Go to mill creek instead excellent staff better course and people who have etiquette play there.

Short but very good

This course is one of the best maintained public courses I have ever played. The ONLY negative is the length - there are 6 par 3's. There are few holes where club choice on the T is critical, you can't just grip it & rip it. The staff is friendly, and there is even a ranger patrolling the course on the weekends. The bar & restaurant upstairs really good.

The course is fine, the owners attitude s....

We have a group of couples that has played this course once a year for the past several years, up until this year it has been an enjoyable experience. The owner of the course, Bob, has developed an attitude that is less than professional. He has no provisions for players that may have trouble walking but still enjoy playing the game. I would encourage golfers not to play this course due to the owners attitude.

Great value for public course!

Enjoyed the total experience. Going to recommend it to our friends and hope to hold an outing there next year.

Bang for the buck!

This course was in great shape and fun to play. We enjoyed many of the holes especially along the quarry pond. A great deal at at great price. This course would be twice as much to play back home.

Great course: water, sand, short/long holes

Love this course! It's challenging enough and is also in a beautiful setting! I wish we lived closer to it.

Very fair course to play.

If you hit a quality shot then expect to be rewarded. If you don't hit a quality shot then prepare to pay for it. The yardages are very fair for the tees that you play and the greens are very receptive to good shots and putt very true. Loved the place and would like to play it more.

A lovely golf course. My favorite in the area.

I'm a pretty high handicapper, and this course feels just right for me. I've played at Mill Creek, and I find that the holes there are very long and the fairways very tight, and I get pretty frustrated. Reserve Run has some pretty challenging holes: #7-9, 11-13, but I find them fair as well. There are some issues with the greens (#15 in particular) and some of the tee boxes slope. Speaking of #15, the yardages in the score card don't seem to be anywhere close to the yardages indicated by the plates at the tee boxes. The one thing I would love to see is some drinking water out on the course.

Worst shape in years

I've played here for years never seen the greens so bad,I don't think they have changed the hole location for a week,we,ve had some rain lately but really?TOO much play here 3 groups waiting on one tee.

Relaxing and enjoyable

Everything was great about the day there. Staff, group paired with and the course. Fast and fair greens! Can't wait to play again!

Course is way too short and plays even shorter

Course is way too short and plays even shorter. Removal of high grass (fescue) made it easier and less visually appealing.

Reserve Run Golf Course

I love this course for the nice views and layout of the course. The women in the pro shop was super nice. This course is on the short side, but it gives you all the challenge you could want.

Beatuiful course with very smooth greens.

A beautiful golf course that's not too long for the. Average high handicap golfer. Beautiful defined fairways with slightly hilly terrain. Most greens are of good size and the putts roll smooth and true. Certainly in the top two or three courses in the Youngstown area. I would recommend to all golf ears in the area.

Poland, Ohio