Colonial Pines Golf Club

Write Review

Year built: 2002
Type: Public

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Yellow 70 4673 yards 65.6 109

Location is worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards elevation changes undulating greens   Great for patio dining

"Cart Rules"

badgolfer01's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Make sure you have a valid driver license, if using a cart. They will make a copy of it. I think this is odd. But all, in all, nice course, nice people.

"Short course that makes you think about each shot."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

I liked it and will play it again. Every hole is a birdy hole if you're a long hitter. I am not but I could still save par after a not great drive most of the time.

"Solitude"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016

Front 9 very nice, pretty much flat and open the back nine pretty much hilly lots of little dog legs and challenging fairways were decent greens were decent a little bit of confusion where the holes were but overall very nice course I will definitely play it again and tell my friends also keep up the good work colonial Pines the only thing that I would like to see is for the Sand trap's to be in play again I would think about giving it a five star if this were the case

"Ok"

Kat4419's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Tee boxes need work, no difference between fairway and ruff, and green were in excellent shape, There are no sand traps, my guess it's to much to maintain. The same for fairways.

"Well Worth the Drive"

Doug9017324's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We played this course as part of a Cincysavers coupon. It was one of 6 courses we pre-paid for. I can see why Colonial Pines was a part of this program; it is well worth the drive.

It's only 25 minutes off 275 and if you go through New Richmond it's a really nice ride. The staff was beyond nice. The carts are on the older side, I had to double-up the strap to hold my bag.

The bad: the fairways are dry. They haven't had rain in awhile, so the fairways are pretty bare. The good news is that you can hit a 5 iron 300 yards on them.

The good: The tee boxes and greens are in great shape. Each 9 is completely different. The front 9 is links style with a lot of water. The back 9 rolls through hills with a lot of blind shots. Not much water. There are NO HOMES on the course. Love that beyond measure. It is very very quiet and relaxing. Concrete cart paths. If you hit it long, you can drive some of the greens. However, if you drive it past the green, any of the greens, you're going to be in trouble. The other 2 guys I played with used their driver quite a bit. I used mine once. We all hit 90, which is pretty weird by itself. I know the next time we play it, we can knock off at least 5 strokes. We just didn't know the course (get the course book in the clubhouse - it helped a lot).

This would be a great place for a destination trip if they had a place to stay close to the course. I could easily see myself playing 36 a day on this course. Great, fun layout and every hole is different.

If the fairways were in better shape, I would have given this 5 stars. We will definitely include this in our once a month visits. Could be every other week if the fairways come back. Walkers; perfect for front 9 - back 9 not for walkers.

Again, loved the course and the staff were incredibly nice and helpful.

"In the stix"

nate7816327's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2016

Far out...45 minutes from my home. Great tee price on Golf Now. BYOB which saves $. No big crowds...very serene with only out in the country sounds...no city sounds. No waiting to tee off each hole.

"The course is diamond in the rough"

emileeboyle's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2016

For the price and friendliness of the staff, the experience can't be beaten!

"Not worth the drive."

KRis1100918's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My playing partner gave this one a 4 out of 10 and I would agree. No drinking water on the course? come on. Greens were in great shape & fast. Fairways were not in good shape - definitely needs work. Was a 43 minute drive to the course and won't be making the trip again, even though I played well. Sand traps were replaced with grass traps. Lot of biting flies - bring spray. Golf carts are old and need work - we had to switch ours out at the turn. Paid $20 for the round through golfnow which is the most I would pay to play here.

"Very nice course, worth the drive"

Jeff7793715's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2016

This is a very nice course that is definitely worth coming out to. Pace of play was terrific, and so was the conditions. Only word of caution is to make sure to look at holes while playing, some layouts are confusing.

"Good Course for Seniors"

uMNGZ5221MN's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

Our second time playing there. Drove 85 miles to get

there. That tells how much we liked it. Not a long course, being in my late sixties, it in nice to play a course where I don't have to hit a fairway wood on most second shots. Lots of water around the course, but if you hit it straight, water doesn't come into play much. Will play again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2016

Great challenging course.

"Great course"

Jimmer2333's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2016

Very nice course! Definitely play again!

"Great course"

u271964228's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2016

A fun and challenging golf course

"Disgusted Father"

rob8842412's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course is great for young kids but facility doesn't seem to want them there. I used to take my three boys, ages 13, 7, & 5, there to play but WILL NOT be playing there EVER again. It was not a busy day there and they wanted me to pay full price for my 5 year old to play. Upon hearing that I decided he just wouldn't play that day. He is 5 yrs old and probably would have played a total of 7-8 holes. I totally understand having to pay for a 13 yr old and maybe a 7 yr old and do not have a problem doing so. Once I decide that he wouldn't play I was made to pay a 5 dollar spectator fee for him to ride in the cart with me. I take my little guy with me to play almost every time, he thoroughly enjoys it. Most golf course are thrilled to see a little kid out playing. In fact places like Legendary Run, The Vineyards, Elks Run, Shaker and many others are more than happy to let him play for free. Some of the superintendents even come out, on slow days, to watch him play 1or 2 holes. These course realize young kids are vital for the progress of golf and crucial for the financial sustainability of their golf courses.

"Great Course"

Brian5327309's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

The course is out of the way for us, but we decided to play it anyways.

It was a very nice course. It was very soggy when we played, but we still got through the round, cart path only, in 3:45. Played fast. A tough, tough course. Not long at all from the Blue Tees, when they say being able to move the ball helps, they aren't kidding. There are some tough shots, but nothing that was unfair.

My brothers and I had a lot of fun and would definitely play again. Employees were friendly and didn't rush us.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Worth the drive/ price."

SullyinCincy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2015

PROS : Course in great condition this past weekend. Greens are in wonderful shape. Not busy at all equals speedy OR relaxing round. Concrete cart paths are smooth and newer. 4 tee boxes for all skill levels. No condos nor houses around (except on the first hole ! Coolers allowed.... Price is right for this "feel good" course. Birdies and eagles are readily available for the average player.<br/> CONS : SandLESS bunkers w/weeds and cracking hard pan make them unplayable..(free drop). Biting black flies were relentless at times..(bring repellant ).clubhouse concession offerings were quite under par. (Pack a sandwich )<br/> OVERALL we enjoyed playing here even though some of the holes were a bit quirky... BUT the price was right...We will return as the fairways and green were in great condition!! I do wish the bunkers had sand as that is a challenging aspect of golf.<br/> KUDOS to the groundskeeper.... (Now press the owners to buy some sand please!!)

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

12teddylu's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Links type of set up with no traps with sand. The course it set up well especially for senior players.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2015

This was a nice course, but not much of a place to sit and have a drink or get good. The clubhouse was not situated at the turn, instead it was after hole 10 headin to 11.<br/> There were a lot of blind tee boxes, which made it hard to see where your ball landed unless you had another group or person spotting you from another location. Also hard to tell which direction a lot of holes were going unless you pulled out the book they give you.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great layout, fast undulating greens, nice relaxing views"

toddhelton63's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2015

Very challenging coarse with excellent greens , some of the best I've ever played. It's not a long coarse but it's still challenging , nice little coarse off the beaten path of your normal coarses with great views. I will be making another trip back to play it again.

"Great value"

Gene1016088's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Nice corse for the value the condition was good despite all of the rain we had last week. Over six inch in the preceding 4 days