2.3
2.6
2.3
2.6

Style Links
Deer Track Golf Course (Ohio)

Year Built 1995
Fairways Zoysia/Bent Grass

Dress code Colared shirt required

Great course all skill levels

I played Deer Track Golf Course for the first time yesterday with three other friends and we really like the course. One one of us has ever played the course but he kept insisting we go there because of how much he loves the course. The course was challenging but not overly difficult. The staff was amazingly friend and super helpful. Deer Track has easily gain three new golfers that love the course.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hello, partinti. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Deer Track Golf Course.

The course is in a great location.

I have played there before. The greens were nice some bare spots. Tee boxes were weedy just needed to be mowed. If I had the time I would play there weekly.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hi Sophia! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customers experiences, so your review is extremely important to us. We will use your comments as guidance for improvement and hope to see you back again soon!

Horrible

Save your money. Drive farther away and pay more to play another course. Staff did not like to hear my opinion of the poor course reviews either!!

Sell it

Needs new ownership. Horrible conditions. Worst tee boxes I’ve ever seen.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hi u000007829769. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Deer Track Golf Course.

Disappointing

This is the closest course to my house so I play it often. The course is lacking some general maintenance this year. The fairway grass was very long and blended in with the rough on many holes. There was quite a bit of crab grass in the fairways. The green on hole 13 has had that area needing repair for the last couple of years.
The staff is always very friendly and I do see the course improving the course in the fall (drainage/water lines) so they are making an effort.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are glad to see you have enjoyed the course in the past and we are rapidly working to return it to those conditions. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

long time course member

The course is being maintained far better this year than it had been over the past 10 years even with all the rain. I am a walker and normally play 4 or 5 times a week. the course layout and terrane are ideal for me and with the course condition highly improved , my enjoyment is much greater.

Good course bad maintenance

The mowers I understand have to do there job, but every time I play here I get the mowers mowing 10 feet away from you while your trying to hit or mowing a green and not even be half way through it when you pull up because they are talking to the other staff and then when you pull up to tee box (par 3) they hop back on the mower and continue to mow while you stand there for 5 minutes waiting. Or hit a ball by them and they just stop right next to you and sit 5 feet from you with it running waiting for you to hit it. Like pull away and go mow another area don’t sit right there. So disrespectful!!.

Commented on 05/23/2019

Hello Cody. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Deer Track Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Poor Course Conditions

I was visiting for the weekend, wanted to get a round in. My brother and I went to play and quickly realized how unkept the track is. The fairways were extremely high, the water coolers were warm and tasted awful, and some of the greens were in pretty bad shape.

BUT, the staff was SUPER nice, and let us stay out a little later and we had fun. We thought the price was just a bit high to play in a cow pasture.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit with our staff to be great during your round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Deer Track Golf Course, we hope to see you again soon.

My lawn has shorter grass then the fairways. Couldn’t tell where the rough ended and the fairway began on some holes. Glad I had a 3 inch tee with me because none of the tee boxes were mowed. The greens were okay but pretty slow. The only saving grace for this course is the island par 3.

Commented on 05/16/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing Deer Track Golf Course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the greens and the island par 3 well during your round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Disaster area

This course is basically unplayable. Rough is uneven, fairways are uneven blotchy and mud. Greens are ok. Attendant told us it only rained 1/2 inch yesterday cause we were skeptical about being able to play but couldn't get a refund cause he instisted it was playable even though we were the only ones there. Well, half an inch my a**. Fairways we're standing water, cart paths were under water. We played 4 holes and quit. Will never come back.

Commented on 05/13/2019

Hello Etauljr. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing our course, we hope to earn your business again soon.

Nice layout

Fairways were too tall that you could lose your ball. Uneven cuts. Rough very tall. Not to be too critical the course has absorbed a lot of rain and does not drain well

Commented on 05/02/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing Deer Track Golf Course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Run of the mill course

This is the closest course to my house. I play here often. The course stays green year round. The staff are always working on improving the grounds. Relatively flat course with high rough. Holds water when it rains.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review Deer Track Golf Course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback about wet conditions to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Has Potential but needs a lot of work

This course has a lot of potential but it has a long way to go. Fairways were inconsistent,some bad some ok. Greens were really slow and many of them had burn out spots one across the whole green. Would not pay more than $15 to play this course again.

Commented on 04/19/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Deer Track Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the course was not in good condition when you played and will use your feedback to work on making the necessary improvements. We will also make sure to pass this along to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 04/08/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope that you enjoyed your round with us and look forward to seeing us agian. Thanks for visiting us!

Course

Course is challenging lots of water holes has been improved with better fairways and better drainage fun course to play

Commented on 04/08/2019

Hi m19tang! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We value your feedback and will use it to work on making the necessary improvements. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Poor conditions

Tee boxes did not have grass. Fairways were weeds. The course was once great with a fun and challenging layout. Hate to say they let the conditions go to the point it was not even enjoyable to play.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hello, Charles6628957. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Deer Track Golf Course.

Is there a groundskeeper at this course?

I worked on a maintenance crew at a golf course during my college days so I’m usually the last person to write a negative review but this course was in terrible shape. Every tee box on the course consisted of dead grass and/or hadn’t been cut in weeks. The fairways were in horrible condition. Multiple times we couldn’t find our ball on the fairway until looking deep into what seemed like crab grass. The staff was friendly and the food at the turn was good, but I wouldn’t come back for more than $15. It was clear that this course doesn’t have regular maintenance.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Hi RyanJHayes9. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for playing Deer Track Golf Course.

Good course

Good for the value, links style, greens are in good condition. Fairways could use some worked a lot of bare spots. Overall, I enjoy this course and recommend it to others.

Batavia, Ohio
Batavia, Ohio
Morrow, Ohio

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.