National Road Golf Course

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.

White 71 5087 yards N/A N/A
Red (W) 71 4869 yards N/A N/A

National Road Golf Course has a versatile layout that was designed with beginners, seniors, and juniors in mind. There are also a fair amount of challenges on this par-71 course that will keep more advanced players entertained. The course is mostly flat, making it easy to walk. There is no sand on the golf course, instead the hazards are provided by water coming into play along the greens and fairways. The greens are average in both size and speed. The layout is an interesting mix of holes including some interesting par 3s and short par 4s that provide a pace of play unique from other courses. National Road Golf Course also boasts excellent conditions. Before playing a round, golfers can warm up on the putting green or natural grass practice tee.

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Can always get on"

malcolmandy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2015

Friendly staff and fairway and greens are satisfactory.

"Wide open spaces"

pegbbcds's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2015

Course is really flat and wide open, not many big trees. Course is tight and flows from hole to hole. Greens are really small and have a lot of roll, not much room for error. Course offers driving range, chip and putting green.

"Cheap Golf"

gaffordjw's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

We thought we were playing National Links in South Vienna. We weren't. So, we made the best of it. Greens are small and strongly mounded with strong grain. Made it difficult to get approach shots close, even when less than 75 yards away because the mounding limited landing area (good practice). Course had a few legitimate length par 4s and some very short par 4s. We walked the front nine because all the carts were being used. For $10, it is hard to complain. Wouldn't do it again. But, the course was very different than what we are used to and that was refreshing.

"National Road."

ariley17's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2014

I enjoyed the course emensily. Pretty straight forward, tee shot then approach shot, putt it in. Pretty flat. Greens are mounded and were quite fast. Not very big greens so rolling off could be a factor. Fun course because you can swing mightily to try and drive the green and a misshit still gives you a decent shot at the green. Shot an 80, usually around a 87-90. Back nine i never used driver, just a three wood.

I would LOVE to see them paint the sign out front as i actually drove right by it....

They need to water the practice greens more, especially for the driving range. I could barely get my tee in the ground. Was not really able to get any divots.

Staff super friendly. Actually shared with us about the new computer driving simulator things they are getting for the winter.

"Very open"

Louis2783349's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2014

I like the fact that it is a wide open course. It is a lot easier for players that don't play that much and like short par 4's and short par 3's as well it's a lot of fun and a hidden gem in central ohio.

"Good value"

pteeter's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2014

Staff were friendly. Greens were a little slow, but they were in great shape. Very short course that suits beginners. Fairways and tee boxes were in fair condition. Wide open with alot of parallel fairways. Had a good time, and for the price - golfnow hot deal, the course was fine. Don't expect a 4 or 5 star course though. Because the greens were so nice, I gave it three.

"Staff"

Joehorton's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The staff said they couldn't find my reservation that I made on Golf Now and kept saying I would have to pay the difference or more than what Golf Now showed. The charge had already been posted to my credit card and I had the conformation number. They finally let my me and my son play.

"Golf always better than work"

tomuchinfo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Great course to hone your iron game. No sand and very little trouble to get into. (Tip:) Putt to edge of hole because very little break on small greens unless recently mowed. Can play in three hours or less. Average golfer always has a chance for an eagle.

"can't get in to much trouble"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2014

Good course for beginner. Not many hazards. So it is fairly easy to recover from a bad shot

"great greens (Hard)"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We liked the course especially the rolling greens Fairways were in good condition without bunkers. No tress to worry about just plain golf shots

"Had a good time"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Course is young, lots of.small trees and fairways immature. But a great course for beginners. And can't beat the price.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Good value"

Gertz11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2014

Cheap fees ($15 w/ cart through golf now)<br/> Fast firm tricky contoured greens<br/> Thicker than normal fairway<br/> Very good value for the money<br/> Pace of play very quick <3 hours

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Anyday is a great day to golf"

Doug5777065's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2014

Any day on a golf course is a great day , Started out with staff being pretty grumpy . Normally this course is veteran friendly but when asking for a military discount to we recieved a firm NO. Did not like golfers bringing young children on the course they should have asked us to play through. But everyone is out to enjoy golf and the day so no big deal . Had great weather and a great time , Greens and tee boxes watered well , Fairways dry . In 2012 this course offered free veterans golf for July 4th week . Really hope to see this again .

"Be Careful when booking reservation"

mrlybrook's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2014
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Was extremely disappointed with Customer Service displayed by this facility. When inquiring by phone why my reservation was only for 9 holes instead of the requested 18, the female that answered said that I needed to contact GolfNow and that she couldn't help me. When I told her I wanted to cancel the reservation, she told me I had to do that thru GolfNow also. I went to the facility the day before my round and no one there could give me a cancellation or an explanation. So I hope they enjoyed my money. . .