Crown Hill Golf Club

2.1
1.9

Sprawling across over 270 acres, Crown Hill Golf Club boasts a scenic landscape of gently rolling hills covered with mature trees, streams, and ponds. Unlike many other courses in the central Ohio area that are much flatter in nature, the layout features a variety of elevation changes that makes each hole unique. The golf course wanders across deep ravines and grassy meadows that enhance both the game and the scenery. Four ponds as well as the State Run Creek provide a majority of the water hazards that come into play. Since opening, the course has had length added to it to appeal more to low handicappers, but the degree of difficulty has been slightly decreased on some holes as well to make it more approachable for beginners. There are also four sets of tees that make the course even more accommodating.
Scorecard for Crown Hill Golf Club
Blue M: 72.2/127 394 549 357 334 163 378 419 160 547 3301 577 156 411 419 547 467 348 219 363 3507 6808
White M: 70.1/126 379 507 339 318 153 330 412 152 530 3120 527 143 377 350 522 422 338 173 352 3204 6324
Gold M: 66.1/115 304 440 307 302 143 313 381 140 505 2835 438 135 326 288 432 349 276 156 344 2744 5579
Red W: 67.3/116 252 376 272 265 116 309 332 84 432 2438 419 109 284 246 387 318 255 117 279 2414 4852

Year Built 2001
Fairways Bluegrass

1.9

Staff is rude. Course is a free-for all.

The course itself is great, carts are nice and the staff is usually friendly however after playing there several times we did have a problem last night. Turns out that guys who played earlier in the day in a league can just jump right in the middle of the course and play whatever hole they want and can tee off while you are on the fairway . Came upon 15 and three carts full of guys were on the green despite no one being in front of us. After we skipped 15 they were kind enough to let us "play through" (if you call teeing off while we are on the fairway playing through).. We didn't want to cause a scene so we abandoned our game, went to the clubhouse and asked for a rain check since we didn't get to play but half of our game.The girl at the bar was rude and said it is ok for people to just jump in on any hole they want after 6pm even if they had been there earlier playing in league play. I ran into another employee in the parking lot who said that was not the case. I called this morning and asked to speak to whoever was in charge and got the same girl that was at the bar last night. She informed me that there was nothing done wrong and there was nothing she could do. I asked her if she would really lose a customer over 1 round of golf and she said "I suppose so, I'm sorry". I play 3-4 times a week and won't be coming back. Pickaway Country Club will be getting my money in the future as well as my membership next year.

Used to be a great course

I used to love this course and have played it several times. It's got rolling hills, an interesting layout and used to be in good shape. Unfortunately, all of the greens are terrible now. They've got some kind of disease that's killing every one of them and they're hardly even playable. On top of that, they are still charging full price to play. Unless they make some serious repairs I would suggest taking your money elsewhere...sorry to say it but I won't be back.

Course was in.good shape

Great value and good shape

Great Hidden Course!

This was my 1st time playing Crown Hill, and it was a tremendous value. Lots of blind tee shots and interesting holes in the hills. Definitely lots of character and I can't wait to go back again and score a little better now that I know the layout.

Very Nice

Course was very good. Nice layout and in good condition. Only issue was the group in front of me refused to let me play through.

Bad timing

Normally one of my favorite courses in the greater Columbus area. Great lay out and a lot of elevation changes but the course recently had their greens aerated and covered with sand. Borderline unplayable for now but will be great again once conditions return to normal

Great course with great people

As soon as I walked in I was greeted and even though it wasn't a good day for golf they were still happy to see us and made us feel welcomed.

Plays Twice a year

Crownhill is a great golf course

One of the best courses I have played this yearCrownhill is a great golf course very well-kept up very clean and very fast greens

Nice layout

Lots of ups and downs made it hard to score if u are a beginner. The long ball works here.

Always worth the the drive

It is about a 75 minute drive for our foursome, we make it about 4-5 times a year an never are disappointed. Out in the country, fast friendly service. Lots of elevation changes makes 5-6 holes very interesting. Great greens for late August. Putts very true if you can find the line.

HARD AND DRY BUT GREENS WERE EXCELENT

NICE DAY. PRO SHOP ATTENDEE SAID NOTHING, JUST HANDED ME THE CART KEY. LIKED THE LAYOUT, BUT THE MOSTLY GRAVEL AND ROUGH CART PATHS REALLY DETRACTED FROM THE COURSE QUALITY. NICE GREENS. CRAB GRASS IN SOME FAIRWAYS WHICH WERE VERY FIRM. OFF THE FAIRWAYS THE GROUND WAS SO HARD THAT IF YOU MISSED THE FAIRWAY NO TELLING WHERE THE BALL WOULD END UP.

course has a very good layout and challenges

From beginner to a seasoned golfer the course is worth playing a round. looks and grounds kept up very well from tee boxes to greens everything kept to very good standards

Great value!

Course is well maintained and friendly staff. A great round of golf at a fantastic value!

My first experience at Crown Hill was great!! Course was in good condition and was challenging! I will be going back soon!

CROWN HILL GOLF COURSE

I HAVE PLAYED THIS COURSE OFF AND ON FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. ALWAYS A GREAT DAY AT CROWN HILL. THANK YOU FOR THE DISCOUNT. I WILL BE BACK.

Awesome! !!!

If you have a serious golf addiction like i do, this course needs to be on yourlist to play before you die. Challenging and fun, this course gives you little bit of everything.well maintained course all around. Give it a shot and you won't be disappointed i promise

Review Title!!!!

Great course a bit dry on the fairways and roughs but little can do about that. Really enjoyed the day and weather. Thanks. Bob and Jan

Nice Course

Always a good time here. Some holes can be challenging. # 6 is my favorite hole.

Beautiful Course

Love this course. Very well maintained. The greens are in perfect condition.

Great course, excellent people

The course is picturesque and unique in the challenges it presents. The greens are well kept and challenging. The course utilizes elevation changes very well. They make the course easy to navigate with their easy to find yard markers. The owners are extremely friendly and almost treat you as if you're a guest in their home. Its definitely a course I would recommend to anyone.

Circleville, Ohio