Chiefland Golf & Country Club

Orange (W) 72 5320 yards 70.0 113

"Hacker's paradise!"

Remarcer's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2017

Very few, if any actual golfers play this course, mostly hackers. Went out to play today, waited for a foursome to clear 1st hole before I teed off. Caught them on 2d hole, I waited 25 minutes on the tee and they had not reached the green.Picked up and left the course. $28 bucks shot. Not the first time this has happened as I have only played here 4 or 5 times and has always been extremely slow. Players leave carts in front of the green while on the green, mark scores on carts in front of greens and pay no attention to players behind them. Will never play there again.

Commented on 08/08/2017

I previously reviewed this course in 2014 and just played there July 2017. I have no vested interest in the course other than I play there 1-2 times per year. It has NEVER been slow when I have played, so I have no idea what Remarcer is talking about. Hint: If you ask, most people will let you through.

Commented on 02/08/2017

Hi there, we are sad to hear that you had a bad experience while at our course. Unfortunately, sometimes the pace of play can be slow with certain crowds and for that we apologize. Your feedback is important to us so we will be investigating the matter. We hope you will give us another chance sometime in the future.

"One of my favorite courses"

Sigalep18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2014
Previously played Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is a hidden gem, and I almost hate writing this review to make it more publicly known. Every hole is lined with beautiful oak trees. The holes themselves are not difficult, but the word for each one is fun. Some of the holes, like #2, have different options. The course is generally in good shape, and I've played it at times when it was in excellent shape. Having said all this, if you want a fancy course with perfect turf and hard holes, this is not for you. If you want a peaceful, fun country course to play, this is for you.

"Straight forward easy golf"

Tdgator's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

No tee times required just show up and play. This Country Club with emphasis on country is the only golf course within a 30 mile radius. Nothing spectatcular just straight forward golf with a couple holes that may challenge you but easy enough to shoot a low round. A tip for putting the greens. Do not give the hole away. Putts dont break much at Chiefland. Also the greens are consistently slow. Course stays in good shape. For the money and not needing a tee time make this course a attractive choice for someone looking to get in a quick round.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Quite a nice surprise"

scamner's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

So honestly, being the only course for miles and out in Chiefland, I was not going with high expectations. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The fairways and bunkers were in great condition and the greens excellent. The rough is cut and kept clean. The only downside is that the layout is pretty straightforward and kind of "boring". There is no real need for much thought or planning your shots. Hit them straight and you will be just fine. On the good side, it's a great course to get LOW scores on. I will make this a regular stop when I visit the area.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy