Swiss Fairways Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Architect Steve Nugent (1991)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Swiss Fairways Golf School"

Really Improved!

As a local, I have played this course literally hundreds of times over the past 15 years and the condition has never been better. It’s not yet Grand Cypress, but the course doesn’t charge resort course prices either. There are still a few weeds on the tee boxes and fairways, and the local players don’t always rake the traps or fix their ball marks on the greens, but over the past couple of years the new Mgmt has done a phenomenal job with this course. An awesome value for the money. I hope it doesn’t go to their heads and the course doesn’t start charging what they could get. Definitely the best course in South Lake County for under $50. Green Valley and Kings Ridge don’t have anything on this course any longer. If you golf in Clermont do yourself a favor and try this course again. The pro shop is also much nicer and actually carries reputable golf equipment, as well as food and beverages. Keep up the good work!

Thursday outing

The staff was very friendly we got stopped in traffic and was a little late but that was no problem. Thank you for that. The greens were great and the fairways were good. The bunkers had a lot of sand in them. Very challenging course. A good time was had by all. Can’t wait to go back.

Pleasant place

Played as foursome. Pace was good. The course is nothing outstanding, but very pleasant. Some holes are challenging, some have water in play. Tee boxes and fairways are good, though not like at the top courses, but still well playable. Bunkers are OK. Greens are rather slow but well maintained. Staffs are very cordial. You get more for your money, than you expect, as the rate is very low. It is worth to make a one hour trip from Orlando.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi tomik17. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a kind review and rate us. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Swiss Fairways Golf Course.

Hidden gem

Good challenging course, good condition worth the money

Friendly staff

Speed of play was excellent and the course was in good condition overall.

Best course for the money

I have been playing at Swiss Fairways for almost 15 years and have seen this course go from a true "pasture" golf course where you could not tell the difference between the fairway and the rough to a course that is in very good condition. Although it is a drive from where I live, it is worth it as the pace of play is good and you don't have to worry about houses or cars within striking distance.

It is well worth the money and the time

They have done a very good job with the course. Still some work to be done, but we had a great round of golf on a beautiful day. Staff was very friendly. Only real issue was a sprinklers on at one of the greens. Will definitely return!!

AWESOME COURSE FOR THE MONEY...

I have played this course many times over the past few years and I have NEVER seen it in better shape...The Fairways are nicely mowed, the traps are smooth and raked and the Greens are in AWESOME condition.. The staff are friendly and courteous...I highly recommend playing this course in the near future...

Fairways were not cut and the greens were in bad shape. I would not play this course ever again. I would not play it if you paid me to play

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Swiss Fairways Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Poor condition

I played the course a month ago and it was in decent shape, but they recently (within the last two weeks) arerated the greens and the greens and there was no mention of this when we booked our tee time. In addition to the aerated greens they apparently had significant issues with a few of the greens and they had plugged the greens to resolve bald spots (i'm guessing) on the greens and you couldn't putt through these spots. Also, the fairways were in terrible shape.

Hopefully, this a temporary issue, but it's very doubtful i will play this course for a few months.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hello, raymfl10. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Swiss Fairways Golf Course.

Commented on 07/01/2019

It was posted on golf now and posted in our golf shop for 30 days. We did our greens on the 24th , you need to check before you book.

Great lay out

The course is getting a little rough because of the weather but still a great value.

Poor fairways

Although we arrived a little early we were allowed to tee-off before our designated time as the course was very quiet, but we got the impression that you would normally be tied to your specified time. The course is fairly well laid out and the greens were good, but the tee-boxes were mainly lacking grass and the fairways were patchy and the grass was rough. I guess that the hotdeal price was an indication that the course is not one of the better courses in the area.

Commented on 06/21/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get the fairways and tee boxes up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Swiss Fairways Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Value

Course is mostly in good shape. A few greens had some bad spots but o really greens in really good condition. Course was not crowded and pace of play was excellent will at here again, sooner than later.

Swiss Fairways Today

Greens mostly great, minor issues on a few
Got in 10 then mucho rain
Will be back

Golfnow police

I booked this outing for a friend and I. We ere told by ye owner/manager that we had tp play with 2 other gentleman because of golfnow rules. The other party did not want to play as a foursome and neither did we so we separated.
At tee 2, a staff member showed up and told us the boss said we had to play as a foursome..We were told to meet with the other two at tee 3.We play as a foursome but were followed by staff to make sure we didn't split up.We played 18 holes and never saw another golfer.We will never play Swiss Fairways again and I will never use Golfnow to book an outing.

Commented on 07/01/2019

You were told by golf now when you booked this HOTDEAL time that you were paired up with someone else. When you pay very little on a hotdeal, you get paired up. Rules r Rules. Pay regular rate and pay for your whole tee-time, and you will be fine. Either that, or buy your own course, and play with whom you want.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Loved the layout, I prefer not playing around houses, so this is perfect. Fairways are "rough"; due to dry Florida. Me being a Florida boy.

The only good thing about playing this time of year in Florida is, it's not at all crowded... Lol... Can't wait to go back.

Swiss Fairways

Fairways good
Rough is Rough
Greens Super good
Great check in & rates

Commented on 05/14/2019

Hello, Mary Grace. Thank you for taking the time to review Swiss Fairways. It is great to hear your enjoyed the conditions and thought it was a great value. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

surprised

I played this course about two years ago, but since then they have really improved the whole experience! Nice having a office to check you in and a cart girl to bring your cart. The best part was the condition of the greens - they were wonderful. Lots of grass and they rolled very nicely. They tee boxes were fine, some of the fairways were mostly dirt (on the back nine) but overall there was grass to hit off.
Will return for another fun round.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020